8 posts
  • 1 / 1
 by Stranger
8 years 6 months ago
 Total posts:   3213  
United States of America   Norcal
Superstar

Just got home and turned it on. Looks like we're at the point of the trade.

by Stranger
8 years 6 months ago
Superstar

Wow, I never knew that Marshall blamed himself for Trent Green's preseason injury.

by den-the-coach
8 years 6 months ago
 Total posts:   870  
United States of America   Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Veteran

It's the only thing that John Shaw ever did right with some major assistance from Eric the Great.

by Stranger
8 years 6 months ago
Superstar

den-the-coach wrote:It's the only thing that John Shaw ever did right with some major assistance from Eric the Great.

Yes, I also did not realize what a huge role ED played in the trade either. Shaw didn't even know what to offer the Colts in exchange, ED has to tell him.

I can't wait for the return to LA to happen, so some of these LA-greats can finally be shown the respect they deserve and be given the opportunity to play regulare and frequent roles in the future of this organization.

by ramsman34
8 years 6 months ago
 Total posts:   8671  
United States of America   Back in LA baby!

Faulk was the catalyst, more so than anyone, for the perfect storm that was the 1999 RAMS and the GSOT. Martz/Vermeil/Warner all probably would be next in the pecking order. It's crazy that during the 2001 SB, no one from upstairs and/or Martz could figure out that the Pats hit Faulk on every play whether he had the ball or not, and how to use formations/motion to take advantage of that. He should have flipped the script completely and went to 12 or 22 personnel and gone heavy run on the Pats. I wonder how they would have handled getting their asses pounded on every play and Marshall taking the creases created to gash them in the run game. Martz was just too determined to beat them throwing the ball. That Rams team could play anyway they wanted to, IF the personnel and play calls were executed correctly. I also think the players took that team too lightly, and they paid for it dearly.

I walked away from that program even more impressed with Faulk than I was before. He is my favorite RAM.

• 1 / 1
8 posts Jun 28 2024