44 posts
  • 3 / 5
 by Horny Mcbae
5 years 5 months ago
 Total posts:   1543  
United States of America   South Bay, Los Angeles
Pro Bowl

With all the noise about the refs for the last few days I Hope they don’t get super sensitive with their calls in this game. Don’t want too many penalties ruining the game.

Also Sean has 2 weeks. Someone should be dragging him away from his office too. We don’t want him to over scheme and get too much into his head seeing who the opponent is. Don’t outsmart yourself.

The Pats will basically make us play perfect. That’s what they do. It’s on us basically. The no.2 and no.3 players. How good can they be on the day.

This is no homer statement but we are the better team. It’s obvious. Their QB is better and their TE is a problem. Their coaching is elite. But overall we have a significantly better team. If they can take things off the table for our offense why can’t our defense do the same to them. And that’s where their depth is lacking.

I wonder who Belichik will cut right before Sunday, this time around.

by Brady
5 years 5 months ago
 Total posts:   15  
United States of America   LA Coliseum
Undrafted Free Agent

Horny Mcbae wrote:This is no homer statement but we are the better team. It’s obvious. Their QB is better and their TE is a problem. Their coaching is elite. But overall we have a significantly better team. If they can take things off the table for our offense why can’t our defense do the same to them. And that’s where their depth is lacking.

Not a homer statement at all. Because I completely agree. Only other edge we have, but it is a significant one, is experience. While your receivers are more talented than Edelman, there isn't another receiver I'd rather have come big game time.

This game will be decided if you can get to Brady or not. Simple as that. And with your Pass rush, honestly, I'm terrified.

by snackdaddy
5 years 5 months ago
 Total posts:   9719  
United States of America   Merced California
Hall of Fame

Brady wrote:Not a homer statement at all. Because I completely agree. Only other edge we have, but it is a significant one, is experience. While your receivers are more talented than Edelman, there isn't another receiver I'd rather have come big game time.

This game will be decided if you can get to Brady or not. Simple as that. And with your Pass rush, honestly, I'm terrified.

Teams have gone all out to keep Donald from making an impact. Mostly double teams and even some triple teams. I see Tight ends trying to chip him before they get into their route.

The two things that can wreck that plan are Suh and Fowler. Suh seems to have found another gear in these big games. Fowler has a knack for coming up with a big hit causing an INT or fumble.

You guys can move the ball against the Rams defense. But the one thing that defense can do is wreck a play and cause a turnover. How much Brady does in betwen those kind of plays will determine the game.

by Hacksaw
5 years 5 months ago
 Total posts:   24523  
United States of America   AT THE BEACH

Listening to Cowherd, he brought up the point that the NFL decided to listen to the fans and change the catch rule and altered the officiating in the PO's because the fans were complaining about too many flags.

I for one don't like the idea of going against THE team who bends the rules as far as they can bend them with officials swallowing their whistles. That could be a recipe for disaster.

The Rams have to come in and pound the crap out of these f'ers early and often to see which way the wind is blowing.

by The Gemini Method
5 years 5 months ago
 Total posts:   21  
United States of America   Garden Grove, CA
Undrafted Free Agent

Gotta protect Goff and give him time to feel comfortable. Can't have him come out like he did in the NFCCG because unlike the Saints, who had been middling since the Cowboys' game, Brady and Co. will eviscerate us if we fall behind 13-0. That would be the first part. Generally, their run D has been suspect throughout the year. However, they were able to handle Melvin Gordon (who was clearly injured and makes me wonder if Gurley is as well...). It's up to Whitworth and Co. to grade the road. If we get a decent run attack to an attack that the Rams had vs. the Cowboys, that would be super beneficial,

I think McVay has to not be too cute. Though, last year Pederson had the Philly Special, it may take some trickery to pull out the victory. The Pats like to twist and stunt since they don't really have a formidable pass rush like say the Bears and the Eagles. So it's up to the OL to give Goff the time to find Cooks, Woods, Reynolds, Higbee/Everett.

On D, it's going to be hard to take away all of what McDaniels wants to do. I know Brady isn't going to throw like Mahomes, but he is surgical iwth the short to intermediate route. It'll be up to Barron and Littleton to play smart and fast, but to lend help on the stick routs and route trees that will attempt to get mismatches of Edelman and Hogan on our LB. The Rams do the same. Get Cooks out on Van Noy or Hightower and it's an advantage for the Rams.

Special Teams will be highly important. We know Legatron will be crucial and I can see this coming to a field goal as this has been the year of the field goal. Hekker will also be pivotal in controling spots of possession.

by moklerman
5 years 5 months ago
 Total posts:   7680  
United States of America   Bakersfield, CA
Hall of Fame

I wonder if the Rams should defer the opening KO if they win the toss? I'd much rather score first and be playing with a lead but if the Pat's stymie our opening drive it could be a big momentum issue.

by AvengerRam
5 years 5 months ago
 Total posts:   8686  
Israel   Lake Mary, Florida
Hall of Fame

Elvis wrote:

The Rams have the same scheme as the Falcons?

Maybe superficially, but not to the extent being suggested there.

by The Gemini Method
5 years 5 months ago
 Total posts:   21  
United States of America   Garden Grove, CA
Undrafted Free Agent

I think the Rams' O is similar to the Falcons in that they had a 2-headed rushing attack with Freeman and Coleman. So it would be an interesting thing to see if we can pull anything that will help augment our scheme because Gurley (If healthy) and Anderson provide the type of running attack that would be like theirs. We lack a Julio Jones, but Cooks, Woods, and Reynolds can be weaponry as well. I see what the tweet is alluding to.

by ramsman34
5 years 5 months ago
 Total posts:   8677  
United States of America   Back in LA baby!

Hacksaw wrote:Listening to Cowherd, he brought up the point that the NFL decided to listen to the fans and change the catch rule and altered the officiating in the PO's because the fans were complaining about too many flags.

I for one don't like the idea of going against THE team who bends the rules as far as they can bend them with officials swallowing their whistles. That could be a recipe for disaster.

The Rams have to come in and pound the crap out of these f'ers early and often to see which way the wind is blowing.

Believe me, after that blown call in the NFCC, the refs will be watching our secondary like hawks. We will actually be scrutinized MORE than the patisies - another advantage for them. They will hold our receivers and hit them after 5 yards all game long. McVay and the O better be ready for that.

We need to pound them with the run, set up deep play-action. It's harder to hold receivers when you are concerned about the run game and don't know when the pass is coming.

• 3 / 5
44 posts Jul 03 2024