151 posts
  • 2 / 16
 by max
5 years 5 months ago
 Total posts:   5591  
United States of America   Sarasota, FL
Hall of Fame

Brady wrote:Filming the Rams walkthroughs and practices was proven the be false.

Not quite the correct verbiage.

It was not proved to be true is the correct statement.

The problem is that many players believe something happened, and the Pats were proven to film other teams. Those tapes existed and were destroyed by Goodell before anyone else could see them.

Still, it’s all water under the bridge for me. I really don’t care anymore. And it’s the Pats who have to hear all the cheat labels now. Those will never go away, but at least they have all those SBs to soften the taunts.

by R4L
5 years 5 months ago
 Total posts:   1301  
United States of America   Dayton, Ohio
Pro Bowl

Brady wrote:Ya. You right and we gonna do it again. Rage on bro ;)

Stay salty

Can someone ban this fool? We are going to let him troll for 2 weeks?? Really? That's the only reason he's here. Why wouldn't he be on a pats board?

by sloramfan
5 years 5 months ago
 Total posts:   1581  
United States of America   cen coast cal
Pro Bowl

wtf...

the guy filmed the walk through.. he admitted it.. goodell destroyed the tapes...

in the superbowl, the rams were in the redzone, called the walkthrough play they rehearsed, and for some unknown reason, the patriot defensive back, left his man,wide open,and broke on faulk, and intercepted the pass...

ya, lie all you want patriot fan, you know, you and all your ilk are nothing but shit sucking cheaters...

mike martz knew they did, and from that day foward , practices were not as open as they had been, and many thought martz was paranoid, but i think he had good reason...

patriots are cheaters in my book...and i will always believe they crossed the line and got away with it...

if aaron donald breaks both of brady's legs, i still won't be satisfied...

go rams

slo

by Brady
5 years 5 months ago
 Total posts:   15  
United States of America   LA Coliseum
Undrafted Free Agent

max wrote:Not quite the correct verbiage.

It was not proved to be true is the correct statement.

You are right, the way i worded it is off, i agree.

R4L wrote:Can someone ban this fool? We are going to let him troll for 2 weeks?? Really? That's the only reason he's here. Why wouldn't he be on a pats board?

I'm not here to troll dude. I just realized how futile it is to try and argue the point.
I apologize if my presence triggers you.

sloramfan wrote:if aaron donald breaks both of brady's legs, i still won't be satisfied...

Keeping it classy! Nice!

by Hacksaw
5 years 5 months ago
 Total posts:   24523  
United States of America   AT THE BEACH

@Brady You claimed you were not a troll. That means keeping it together if things heat up on a rival board. Last warning to tone it down.
Copying user posts and hinting you'd use it to rub it in our face was my first clue.

Enjoy the convo , keep it right. . Thx

by aeneas1
5 years 5 months ago
 Total posts:   16894  
United States of America   Norcal
Hall of Fame

MikeRam wrote:In the superbowl the Rams lost to the Pats, I was under the impression that Belichek filmed the Rams practices and the NFL ignored it it because the publicity would be too awful. Is this true? Or is this just another conspiracy theory? Your opinion.

if the rams again finish -3 in turnovers two weeks from now, as was the case the last time they met the patriots in the sb, they'll be 0-2 against the pats in the big show.

by aeneas1
5 years 5 months ago
 Total posts:   16894  
United States of America   Norcal
Hall of Fame

Brady wrote:I'm not here to troll dude.

of course you are.

by R4L
5 years 5 months ago
 Total posts:   1301  
United States of America   Dayton, Ohio
Pro Bowl

Hacksaw wrote:@Brady You claimed you were not a troll. That means keeping it together if things heat up on a rival board. Last warning to tone it down.
Copying user posts and hinting youd use it to to rub it in our face was my first clue.

Thanks Hacksaw

by Brady
5 years 5 months ago
 Total posts:   15  
United States of America   LA Coliseum
Undrafted Free Agent

Hacksaw wrote:@Brady You claimed you were not a troll. That means keeping it together if things heat up on a rival board. Last warning to tone it down.
Copying user posts and hinting youd use it to to rub it in our face was my first clue.

That was playful banter to a guy saying he loved it when people cried when their team lost.

Same thing happened when I joined RRF. Some people just loathed my presence. If yall want an echo chamber, I'll bow out. But if not and you can accept other point of view, I may grow on you. But if I can hang around, if I get ribbed, I'm gonna rib back.

by 69RamFan
5 years 5 months ago
 Total posts:   3237  
United States of America   LA CA by way of NY/NJ
Superstar

https://fox2now.com/2015/09/08/roger-go ... ted-martz/

Roger Goodell personally asked me to deny Patriots cheated: Martz

Former St. Louis Rams head coach Mike Martz says NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell personally asked him to deny the New England Patriots committed any wrongdoing ahead of Super Bowl XXXVI in 2002, according to a damning ESPN report accusing Goodell of covering up for the Patriots during the ‘Spygate’ imbroglio.

According to a story from investigative journalists Don Van Natta Jr. and Seth Wickersham on Outside the Lines, the Patriots videotaped hand signals and took hand-written notes diagramming plays of opposing coaches of at least 40 games between the 2000 and 2007 seasons, all at the behest of head coach Bill Belichick. Patriots staffers were allegedly instructed to disguise themselves as members of the media and to lie about their purpose if questioned by security.

The Patriots were busted following the 2007 season opener against the New York Jets. The ensuing scandal came to be known as ‘Spygate.’

ESPN reports Commissioner Goodell, eager to avoid league embarrassment, ordered NFL officials to destroy the tapes and notes, stomped and shredded inside an office at Gillette Stadium. Goodell fined the Patriots organization and Belichick, and took away the team’s first-round pick in the 2008 NFL Draft.

Some of New England’s opponents seethed, according to the report, believing the Patriots had cheated their way to victories and–ultimately–Super Bowl titles. In the wake of ‘Spygate,’ teams publicly said the results of games were legitimate and the Patriots did not have an unfair advantage.

In 2008, Goodell contacted Martz, who was working as the offensive coordinator for the San Francisco 49ers at the time. Martz tells Outside the Lines Goodell was worried about calls for a U.S. Senate investigation and the commissioner wanted him to write a brief statement supporting the league’s investigation and findings regarding Spygate, and that he did not believe the Patriots’ videotaping had any effect on the outcome of the Super Bowl.

From the ESPN report:
A congressional inquiry that would put league officials under oath had to be avoided, Martz recalls Goodell telling him. “If it ever got to an investigation, it would be terrible for the league,” Goodell said.

However, when shown a copy of his statement during the investigation for the ESPN story, Martz believed additional words were added.

“It appears embellished quite a bit — some lines I know I didn’t write. Who changed it? I don’t know,” Martz told ESPN.

The former Rams head coach, now retired, confessed to Outside the Lines he still suspects the Patriots did something.

“It was hard to swallow because I always felt something happened but I didn’t know what it was and I couldn’t prove it anyway. Even to this day, I think something happened,” Martz said.

• 2 / 16
151 posts Jul 03 2024