54 posts
  • 4 / 6
 by AvengerRam
5 years 4 months ago
 Total posts:   8686  
Israel   Lake Mary, Florida
Hall of Fame

PARAM wrote:It would seem your memory is a bit cloudy.....

Certainly doesn't look or sound like "being in Goff's corner all along". Or am I misreading something?

I love this post so much, if it were a woman and I was single... well, I'd at least take it to a nice dinner and a movie.

by /zn/
5 years 4 months ago
 Total posts:   6758  
United States of America   Maine
Hall of Fame

PARAM wrote:. Or am I misreading something?

Yes you are missing something, though it doesn't surprise me. I said some of us were in Goff's corner all along, draft to now. That's in response to a remark about how people panned the Goff pick after the draft and preferred Prescott.

I was already on board before they drafted him, though in the weeks before leading up I wavered at first between saying I wouldn't mind either one or that I wanted Wentz. You quote something from April 15th. I had since changed my view on that. See the post below which is April 27. The draft was April 28th.

I don't think I ever said anywhere that Goff was my guy from Cal on. It was before the draft and unwavering since.

Posted Wed Apr 27, 2016 8:34
for the record, although at first I favored CW and still think he would be a good pick, since the trade I have been saying I think Goff will be the pick and that I think he has some Warner/ Brady/ Montana style traits and intangibles which I prize.

And that continued. I defended him when others were doubting (2016, summer of 2017) and I am pretty sure I am the first here to call him a franchise qb.

And also for the record, if they had taken Wentz, I would have been fine with that. I never got into the Wentz/Goff arguments, and it's fine with me if they both have good careers.

Goff is a Ram. Wentz is an Eagle. Goff not only deserves support as the Rams franchise qb, he is worthy of that support as a person and as a talent, and has the traits needed to be elite.

by /zn/
5 years 4 months ago
Hall of Fame

AvengerRam wrote:I love this post so much, if it were a woman and I was single... well, I'd at least take it to a nice dinner and a movie.

Lol. I bet. He got it wrong though. (Not that that matters, date who you want.) See my last post. I posted before the draft that I had been leaning toward Wentz but changed my mind. I also never said I was a Goff guy back to Cal. That's all just true and it's dumb to fight over it.

Because as I sometime remind you, if your whole response to a poster is personal, then you can't be objective. My motto is, even if you're disagreeing with a guy in one thread, act like you can agree in another thread on another topic. Otherwise, you're just being petty at the expense of real conversation, and that, frankly, is just boring.

by /zn/
5 years 4 months ago
Hall of Fame

Horny Mcbae wrote:Oh snap!!!! This is some good work right here. Ever since i joined this board ZN always pretended like he was riding with Goff since Cal times. Lmao...... I had arguments with him in which i sided with Wentz. Damn ZN......... this is not a good look hermano. Lol.

re Goff v Wentz: Wentz is having a better year statistically than last year but where Goff jumps ahead of him (and this isn't some bombshell point) is health and durability.

Another point that i personally gave Wentz props for last year was the 3rd down conversion rate. That isn't there this year.

I never said I was riding with Goff since Cal days. And that "pretended" remark is beneath you. The fact that PA did cherry picked "research" isn't enough to cast aspersions that way. I backed the Goff pick from before the draft (when I made up my mind on that ) and always avoided the Goff/Wentz arguments, because I always thought they would both be good qbs. (Don't know what happened this year.) It doesn't matter if they both have good careers...Wentz is an Eagle, and Goff was a great pick and is proving every game that he has rare traits.

by AvengerRam
5 years 4 months ago
Hall of Fame

/zn/ wrote:Lol. I bet. He got it wrong though. (Not that that matters, date who you want.) See my last post. I posted before the draft that I had been leaning toward Wentz but changed my mind. I also never said I was a Goff guy back to Cal. That's all just true and it's dumb to fight over it.

Because as I sometime remind you, if your whole response to a poster is personal, then you can't be objective. My motto is, even if you're disagreeing with a guy in one thread, act like you can agree in another thread on another topic. Otherwise, you're just being petty at the expense of real conversation, and that, frankly, is just boring.

This post... I’d swipe left.

by /zn/
5 years 4 months ago
Hall of Fame

AvengerRam wrote:This post... I’d swipe left.

That post. Maybe you can't help yourself? Enh, probably not, since I honestly see posts from you that indicate you're better than what you act like sometimes. It is simply true though--make everything personal and it just leads to bad posting. See you when you're actually discussing the Rams. Sorry you lost your date moment. 8-)

by AvengerRam
5 years 4 months ago
Hall of Fame

/zn/ wrote:That post. Maybe you can't help yourself? Enh, probably not, since I honestly see posts from you that indicate you're better than what you act like sometimes. It is simply true though--make everything personal and it just leads to bad posting. See you when you're actually discussing the Rams. Sorry you lost your date moment. 8-)

You know...most people get that, when I do things like...say...compare a post on a message board to a date (Tinder or otherwise), I’m just joking around.

So, in the words of the late, great Sgt. Hulka, “lighten up, Francis.”

by R4L
5 years 4 months ago
 Total posts:   1301  
United States of America   Dayton, Ohio
Pro Bowl

/zn/ wrote:That post. Maybe you can't help yourself? Enh, probably not, since I honestly see posts from you that indicate you're better than what you act like sometimes. It is simply true though--make everything personal and it just leads to bad posting. See you when you're actually discussing the Rams. Sorry you lost your date moment. 8-)

Aww you're mad because you were wrong and there's proof of it! :lol2: Classic

by /zn/
5 years 4 months ago
Hall of Fame

AvengerRam wrote:You know...most people get that, when I do things like...say...compare a post on a message board to a date (Tinder or otherwise), I’m just joking around.

So, in the words of the late, great Sgt. Hulka, “lighten up, Francis.”

And people also get that when the tactic is to repurpose a statement like that with irony to throw it back at someone, it;s also humor.

Rams, dude.

by PARAM
5 years 4 months ago
 Total posts:   12181  
Barbados   Just far enough North of Philadelphia
Hall of Fame

/zn/ wrote:Yes you are missing something, though it doesn't surprise me. I said some of us were in Goff's corner all along, draft to now. That's in response to a remark about how people panned the Goff pick after the draft and preferred Prescott.

I was already on board before they drafted him, though in the weeks before leading up I wavered at first between saying I wouldn't mind either one or that I wanted Wentz. You quote something from April 15th. I had since changed my view on that. See the post below which is April 27. The draft was April 28th.

I don't think I ever said anywhere that Goff was my guy from Cal on. It was before the draft and unwavering since.

And that continued. I defended him when others were doubting (2016, summer of 2017) and I am pretty sure I am the first here to call him a franchise qb.

And also for the record, if they had taken Wentz, I would have been fine with that. I never got into the Wentz/Goff arguments, and it's fine with me if they both have good careers.

Goff is a Ram. Wentz is an Eagle. Goff not only deserves support as the Rams franchise qb, he is worthy of that support as a person and as a talent, and has the traits needed to be elite.

Priceless.

Your revisionist support of Goff is only surpassed by your revisionist support of Steven Jackson. I think it looks more like covering your ass or hedging your bet followed by PTSD (Post Telepathic Spin Disorder).

I hadn't noticed you were the first to call him a franchise QB. I didn't know there was a contest to be the first. IIRC, there were fans calling him a potential franchise QB in his rookie year once the signs became evident in the 2016 New Orleans game. However I certainly wouldn't want to question your claim to fame in this case.....being the first.

• 4 / 6
54 posts Mar 28 2024