45 posts
  • 3 / 5
 by JonArnett
5 years 4 months ago
 Total posts:   15  
United States of America   LA Coliseum
Undrafted Free Agent

I grew up on the south side of Chicago. I know what the wind feels like coming off the lake in the winter. Now the Rams can really freeze their buns off playing at Soldier Field at night in December.

by SWAdude
5 years 4 months ago
 Total posts:   2440  
Pro Bowl

The weather can be unpredictable anytime during the year for sure.

It is much more likely to be damn cold close to the winter solstice in Chicago than otherwise.

First I was concerned about @St. Loser Fan getting rolled up in New Orleans. Now I am concerned about him getting rolled up, THEN freezing to death in a pool of blood in Chicago.

I may be at the San Francisco game later in the season. Can anyone recommend if I should bring a sweat shirt when it turns dark on the ride back home? I will be wearing shorts so I am thinking maybe I should just in case. :lol2:

Just messing with you buddy. I am actually envious of how well you travel supporting our Rams. Have a great time and hope the unlikely happens for you and our team. Warmer weather.

GO RAMS!!!

by PARAM
5 years 4 months ago
 Total posts:   12186  
Barbados   Just far enough North of Philadelphia
Hall of Fame

This is awesome for me. Leaving for FLA right after Thanksgiving and coming home a week or so before Christmas. If I go to a sports bar for the Lions game, I won't miss a thing while I'm gone. Sitting in the living room, sucking down darjeeling watching two Sunday Night games!!! :D

by Haden
5 years 4 months ago
 Total posts:   2131  
United States of America   Spokane, WA
RFU Survivor Champ

PARAM wrote:MNF on November 3rd, 1986. Mike Lansford with the 50 yard winner with 4 seconds to go.

I remember that well. My best friend, my uncle and I were in the bar at the Black Angus in Burbank, CA watching the game, drinking beer, and eating all you can eat Monday night beef tacos. Everyone in the bar area went crazy when that kick went through. Good times!

by Gareth
5 years 4 months ago
 Total posts:   1207  
Pro Bowl

While this sets up the Rams having consecutive SNF games,has anyone considered the possibility that they could flex OUT the Rams/Eagles game? If the Eagles continue their tailspin, and they are likely to lose to the Saints this Sunday, I could see that game being flexed out.

Patriots/Steelers is scheduled that day.

by sloramfan
5 years 4 months ago
 Total posts:   1581  
United States of America   cen coast cal
Pro Bowl

great point gareth...

go rams

slo

by ramsfan1977
5 years 4 months ago
 Total posts:   1319  
United States of America   New Jersey
Pro Bowl

Gareth wrote:While this sets up the Rams having consecutive SNF games,has anyone considered the possibility that they could flex OUT the Rams/Eagles game? If the Eagles continue their tailspin, and they are likely to lose to the Saints this Sunday, I could see that game being flexed out.

Patriots/Steelers is scheduled that day.

Don't forget CBS pays be bucks for these games as well. They also get to protect a couple of games from being taken away. I would guess the Pats-Steelers would be one CBS protected.

"CBS and Fox may also each protect games in five out of six weeks of the main flex period, but all of those protections must be submitted after week 5, week 4 in years where the main flex period begins week 10 (so it is always six weeks before the start of the main flex period).

The season can be broken down into three different periods (four if you count the first four weeks where flexible scheduling does not apply at all) for flexible scheduling purposes, each with similar yet different rules governing them: the early flex period, from weeks 5 to 10; the main flex period, from weeks 11 to 16; and week 17"

by dieterbrock
5 years 4 months ago
 Total posts:   11512  
United States of America   New Jersey
Hall of Fame

Eagles are still defending champs and have quite a following.
I cant imagine they wouldn't want to push the Wentz vs Goff II stuff.
Eagles are struggling but are still within striking range of the division. Have Giants after Saints, then Washington

by St. Loser Fan
5 years 4 months ago
 Total posts:   10508  
United States of America   Saint Louis MO
Hall of Fame

SWAdude wrote:First I was concerned about @St. Loser Fan getting rolled up in New Orleans. Now I am concerned about him getting rolled up, THEN freezing to death in a pool of blood in Chicago.

I may be at the San Francisco game later in the season. Can anyone recommend if I should bring a sweat shirt when it turns dark on the ride back home? I will be wearing shorts so I am thinking maybe I should just in case. :lol2:

Just messing with you buddy. I am actually envious of how well you travel supporting our Rams. Have a great time and hope the unlikely happens for you and our team. Warmer weather.

GO RAMS!!!

Chicago is a safe place to go as a visiting fan and watch. By my rough count I've been to 16 or 17 games at Wrigley Field and United Center and never had a problem. I've never felt the vibe that you get on the coasts. I've been to Dodgers/Giants at both places as well as Mets/Phillies games as a neutral observer and there is a lot edgier vibe where you know a fight could break out any moment.

In all honestly Soldier Field really isn't that special. Dropping the UFO inside the old bowl was a disaster. It is a good stadium for concerts though.

by SWAdude
5 years 4 months ago
 Total posts:   2440  
Pro Bowl

St. Loser Fan wrote:Chicago is a safe place to go as a visiting fan and watch. By my rough count I've been to 16 or 17 games at Wrigley Field and United Center and never had a problem. I've never felt the vibe that you get on the coasts. I've been to Dodgers/Giants at both places as well as Mets/Phillies games as a neutral observer and there is a lot edgier vibe where you know a fight could break out any moment.

In all honestly Soldier Field really isn't that special. Dropping the UFO inside the old bowl was a disaster. It is a good stadium for concerts though.

Bears fans are on the friendlier side for sure.

But I feel the humor went clean over your head. :roll2:

Have fun I guess.

• 3 / 5
45 posts Mar 29 2024