5 posts
  • 1 / 1
 by CanuckRightWinger
5 years 5 months ago
 Total posts:   2777  
Canada   VANCOUVER, BC
Superstar

I thought that Dilfer's observation regarding the carnage & misery, both manmade & natureborn, heaped upon the Thousand Oaks area last week being a bonding factor for the Rams team was insightful and also accurate.

It's one thing to read about the devastation wrought by some wildfire a county or two away.....but it's a different feeling I'm sure to have the Fire Department knock on your door and tell you that you need to evacuate yourself, your wife, your kids.....and whatever you can load up in the next few minutes! :idea2:

Ronald Reagan has a line during the 1982 Recession....
"When your neighbour loses his job....that's "Recession."
When you lose your job....that's "Depression." :idea2:

I mean, it's hard to imagine Andrew Whitworth's head-space, with his wife and 4 small children, evacuated from their home.......yet still possessed with the drive and dedication to intently study the tape on Seahawk pass rush tendencies (or whatever task required), whilst Mama is cooped up in some hotel whilst comforting the 4 young'uns!! :shock2:

But......AW did it, and Jared Goff did it, and Aaron Donald, Brockers, Woods, Cooks, Kupp, Johnson, Saffold.....from youngest rookie to most senior vet, Los Ramos, to a man, came together through a week of trying and angst-filled concerns & distractions....and still somehow produced the grit to beat an uber-hungry and desperate GOOD NFL team at the buzzer, and go 9-1. :o :arrow2: 8-)

Classy move too by the Rams brass to fly the families of the players to Colorado Springs as well. Get them all away from the grief and sadness of SoCal. Very honorable and commendable!

If one looks at the uncharacteristic raw emotions displayed by Los Ramos last Sunday versus the Seahawks, resulting in those multiple major PF penalties....
....I think that sudden display of Los Ramos surliness demonstrated that Trent Dilfer's comments about the rough Off-Field ride that the Rams endured during Seahawk Week were not just poignant and genuine.......and also 100% accurate. :idea2:

Old axiom: Sometimes the hottest fire makes the strongest steel.
Gutting out that win over the Seahawks, with all the negatives surrounding them all last week, might well prove to be the binding force the Rams need to get to Atlanta in February.
Go Rams!

by Hacksaw_64
5 years 5 months ago
 Total posts:   2686  
United States of America   Inglewood, CA

Good take by Trent

I think he had his 5 year old son die when he was playing football....

Kind of puts things into perspective

Stay safe everyone!

by Claremontram
5 years 5 months ago
 Total posts:   226  
United States of America   LA Coliseum
Rookie

Very insightful and probably prophetic. Overcoming adversity can strengthen this team in so many ways.

Watch them eat KC alive.

Go Rams!

by Rams1PlateSince1976
5 years 5 months ago
 Total posts:   2079  
United States of America   LA Coliseum
Pro Bowl

The tell could very well be Fowler's play. He was reported to have an attitude problem on his trade to the Rams. He has already showed me some fantastic talent but he must have said something pretty stupid to draw the personal foul. Was nice to see Suh and others lecturing him hopefully about 'We Not Me."

• 1 / 1
5 posts Apr 19 2024