48 posts
  • 5 / 5
 by actionjack
5 years 5 months ago
 Total posts:   3895  
United States of America   Sactown
Superstar

I am thinking Nick Williams, Kupp will be back soon.

by R4L
5 years 5 months ago
 Total posts:   1301  
United States of America   Dayton, Ohio
Pro Bowl

ramsman34 wrote:Maybe we will see that. I am not so sure. Who comes off the roster for him to be added?

Fair enough. I'm just hoping for something out of him at this point. And, I agree with ActionJack above. Nick Williams will be let go when Kupp is healthy so that frees up a spot for Obo.

by ramsman34
5 years 5 months ago
 Total posts:   8462  
United States of America   Back in LA baby!

R4L wrote:Fair enough. I'm just hoping for something out of him at this point. And, I agree with ActionJack above. Nick Williams will be let go when Kupp is healthy so that frees up a spot for Obo.

Oh believe me, I want him to come in and make a difference badly. I just don't see NFL caliber pass rush moves/ability yet from him. i think he will develop to that level. I guess i am tempering my "hopes" and want to be pleasantly surprised.

We have to get more consistent production and pressure from the edges somehow, someway - be that a new player, different scheme tweaks, or both.

by /zn/
5 years 5 months ago
 Total posts:   6758  
United States of America   Maine
Hall of Fame

/zn/ wrote:So as a rule---usually---rookie pass rushers don't do much. ... some defy the "usual" thing.

I don't have high expectations. But in the interests of a balanced view, here's just a bit of stuff:

compiled by AlbaNY_Ram

"Really like the #Rams pick of Oklahoma edge rusher Ogbonnia Okoronkwo, especially with Wade Phillips' track record of developing pass rushers." Vincent Bonsignore,Los Angeles Rams/NFL beat writer for The Athletic L.A. & Rams/NFL Insider for LA's AM 570 Sports

"The NFL let Ogbonnia Okoronkwo fall the Rams in the late 5th round? Dear Lord. PERFECT edge rusher for Wade Phillips' scheme and ideal complement to what is already on the roster." Joe Marino, Senior #NFLDraft Analyst & Chief Administrative Officer @DraftNetworkLLC

by Zen_Ronin
5 years 5 months ago
 Total posts:   2035  
Canada   Edmonton, AB
Pro Bowl

My thing with Obo is even if he's not great, isn't he better than what we have now?

Which to my eyes is next to nothing on edge rush.

Or is the concern that he will somehow miss blocking assignments, forget what a runner looks like, and leave a giant gap on his side of the field?

by Elvis
5 years 4 months ago
 Total posts:   38376  
United States of America   Los Angeles
Administrator

Update:

https://www.therams.com/news/mcvay-prov ... -okoronkwo

Outside linebacker Ogbonnia Okoronkwo started the regular season on the physically unable to perform list. He’s been back at practice for over a week now, but given the way Los Angeles has been holding its practices — with a walk-thru instead of a full session on Wednesdays — there just haven’t been many reps to evaluate. Because of that, McVay said the team will likely use the full 21-day window to make a decision on activating Okoronkwo to the 53-man roster.

“[T]hat’s kind of the trajectory that we're on right now,” McVay said. “Really, he's done a nice job with the things that he can control. The thing that's interesting about it is being able to do some individual things, but because of the way that we're practicing at this point in the season, being mindful of especially some of the guys that are naturally just banged up through seven weeks, he's had limited opportunities to really show how he's doing. But he is making progress. It's been good to have him out there. He's got a great demeanor and we're seeing good things. But as far as any sort of updates or changes, there's nothing on that front right now.”

by ramsman34
5 years 4 months ago
 Total posts:   8462  
United States of America   Back in LA baby!

With that said (McVay), I am just not expecting much if anything from him this season - maybe late going into the playoffs which would be great. Hope I/we get pleasantly surprised by him this season.

• 5 / 5
48 posts Mar 28 2024