12 posts
  • 1 / 2
 by LARams_1963
5 years 5 months ago
 Total posts:   1191  
United States of America   North Port, FL
Pro Bowl

What a crock of shit... Just checked to see what kind of fine he got for his blatant horse collar. Nada. The NFL, who are "So concerned for player safety" are seriously screwing up.

by /zn/
5 years 5 months ago
 Total posts:   6758  
United States of America   Maine
Hall of Fame

LARams_1963 wrote:What a crock of shit... Just checked to see what kind of fine he got for his blatant horse collar. Nada. The NFL, who are "So concerned for player safety" are seriously screwing up.

He was fined.

Nicki Jhabvala@NickiJhabvala
Broncos WR Emmanuel Sanders was fined $10,026 for taunting and S Darian Stewart was fined $26,739 for unnecessary roughness against the Rams. So that taunting penalty cost four points (it was a three-point game), 15 yards and $10,026.

Rich Hammond@Rich_Hammond
Sanders for the taunting penalty that took a TD off the board, and Stewart presumably for the tackle that hurt Kupp’s knee.

by LARams_1963
5 years 5 months ago
 Total posts:   1191  
United States of America   North Port, FL
Pro Bowl

Yeah... like right after I posted this! How's that for the power of the internetwebforumthingy :P !!!!!!!!!!!!!

by snackdaddy
5 years 5 months ago
 Total posts:   9631  
United States of America   Merced California
Hall of Fame

What about the seahawks guy who knocked Cooks out? I hope he got fined. That was targeting. He also did the same to Amari Cooper the following week. He should be hit hard if they're really worried about player safety. Maybe even suspended a game after the Cooper hit.

by /zn/
5 years 5 months ago
 Total posts:   6758  
United States of America   Maine
Hall of Fame

LARams_1963 wrote:Yeah... like right after I posted this! How's that for the power of the internetwebforumthingy :P !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well to sort of quote the movie Blood Diamond, "Stewart hit no fine."

I figure that's what you meant.

8-)

from Blood Diamond

Danny Archer: Are you craze? You get to pay me first for them. This no fine, huh? This no fine.

by PARAM
5 years 5 months ago
 Total posts:   12184  
Barbados   Just far enough North of Philadelphia
Hall of Fame

Karma struck anyway. He injured his neck in the first quarter against Arizona on Thursday. Here's hoping he misses twice as much time as Cooper Kupp!!!!

by Zen_Ronin
5 years 5 months ago
 Total posts:   2035  
Canada   Edmonton, AB
Pro Bowl

snackdaddy wrote:What about the seahawks guy who knocked Cooks out? I hope he got fined. That was targeting. He also did the same to Amari Cooper the following week. He should be hit hard if they're really worried about player safety. Maybe even suspended a game after the Cooper hit.

He was fined for the Cooper hit, but not the Cooks hit. The other day McVay said the refs seem to be missing a lot of calls for the Rams after being asked about holding on AD.

McVay said AD is held on pretty much every snap he's on the field for but if they flagged for every time he was held it would completely screw the tempo of the game and the other team on yards, or the other team would stop holding and Donald would wreck the game because he'd hit the QB almost EVERY snap. (absolutely NOT a direct quote, paraphrasing from memory best I can)

He didn't say it in an angry way, just kind of humorously understanding why calls might be "missed". I though it was bullshit to be honest. Basically confirmation of what's happening to AD, and it makes me angry that he's held to another standard and in a way being handicapped because if his skill and dominance.

by snackdaddy
5 years 5 months ago
 Total posts:   9631  
United States of America   Merced California
Hall of Fame

Zen_Ronin wrote:He was fined for the Cooper hit, but not the Cooks hit. The other day McVay said the refs seem to be missing a lot of calls for the Rams after being asked about holding on AD.

McVay said AD is held on pretty much every snap he's on the field for but if they flagged for every time he was held it would completely screw the tempo of the game and the other team on yards, or the other team would stop holding and Donald would wreck the game because he'd hit the QB almost EVERY snap. (absolutely NOT a direct quote, paraphrasing from memory best I can)

He didn't say it in an angry way, just kind of humorously understanding why calls might be "missed". I though it was bullshit to be honest. Basically confirmation of what's happening to AD, and it makes me angry that he's held to another standard and in a way being handicapped because if his skill and dominance.

I mentioned this before. They let a lot of fouls go on Shaq when he played for the Lakers. If they called them correctly he woulda been shooting 50 free throws a game. He was just too big for everyone.

I see similarities with Donald. If they called holding correctly it would slow down the game and people would be tired of seeing flags all day. I suppose they think its fair or something to let it go.

by Zen_Ronin
5 years 5 months ago
 Total posts:   2035  
Canada   Edmonton, AB
Pro Bowl

I'll bitch about the missed calls, but in the end suck it up. Not much more a fan can do really. But if it ends up costing us a playoff game of championship I'm going to melt down.

I guess it's entirely possible that they're letting things go for the Rams to create pairity that my homer eyes just don't see. But man is it frustrating at times, especially in close games or games where we're behind.

by Rams1PlateSince1976
5 years 5 months ago
 Total posts:   2071  
United States of America   LA Coliseum
Pro Bowl

If Shaq shot 50 free throws a game how many would he make?

• 1 / 2
12 posts Mar 28 2024