57 posts
  • 6 / 6
 by Elvis
8 years 11 months ago
 Total posts:   38885  
United States of America   Los Angeles
Administrator

One of the things that cracks me up is the gif with Stan in front of an Inglewood Walmart. Don't they know he got that land after it failed to be zoned for a Walmart?

by Elvis
8 years 11 months ago
Administrator

dieterbrock wrote:Keep up the good work fellas! I just can't see how Carson is legit.

Hey dieter, nice to see you. You should pop in more often. (And pick an avatar...)

by Hacksaw
8 years 11 months ago
 Total posts:   24523  
United States of America   AT THE BEACH

bubbaramfan wrote:hacksaw, My guess why Wal-Mart didn't get done there is the same reason that lot has been empty for 50 years. Its a toxic waste site with lots of problems. And its going to take lots of money to fix it. the EPA and the Calif. State Board of Health are the two agencies that have to give their approval before anything can get built there. they have set their guidelines and no one so far wants to spend the money its going to take. Time of cleanup is another factor. It could take up to 2 years. Then there's the possibility digging around could just cause more problems. Pandora's Box.

So say someone does come in, spend the money, completes remideation as the EPA set forth. they build a stadium. then people working there start getting sick. headache's, nausea, cancer. Can you imagine the lawsuits? Who pays? The City of Carson? The NFL? the Raiders/Chargers?

I've been sitting at Mickey D's all day, talking to folks from around here. Lots of good takes, everyone would love to see something built on that landfill, but most think nothing will anytime soon.

The Chargers and Raider Brass can't be that stupid to not know this. the NFL too. they did a study on the site while considering LA for expansion in '99.

Whats good is the Carson site is being exposed as leverage.

I can see it would be better for Carson. No false expectations and just perhaps a realistic option which could safely improve the area and the value of the surrounding real estate.
A stadium would too I imagine which is good. At least as long as the traffic/ parking around your pad would become a nightmare. But I can't imagine on Sundays as a die-hard Ram fan, those cheers for the Raiders and or Chargers being heard coming through your window on Sunday mornings would remind you of what could have been.
Bartender, bring me another beer.

by Elvis
8 years 11 months ago
Administrator

Let's not forget Carson gets 250k from the Chargers if the stadium never happens. So even if they're totally being played, it's not for nothing...

by Hacksaw
8 years 11 months ago
 Total posts:   24523  
United States of America   AT THE BEACH

Laguna Beach make $3 million dollars over the summer months on parking fees alone. $250 is chump change for these cats. I hope Carson puts that money to good use like parks or trees, or better yet bubba's place. (not that there is anything wrong with your place now bubba)

• 6 / 6
57 posts Jun 17 2024