18 posts
  • 2 / 2
 by RamsFanSince89
5 years 6 months ago
 Total posts:   165  
United States of America   Orcutt, Ca
Rookie

I fully believe there is no team rivalry. It’s much more about marketing and growing the fan base. There is a generational gap in the current fan base. Most of the 10 to 25 yr olds didn’t grow up watching local Ram games on TV. Plus with the blow up of social media and internet services, kids could easily root for the Cowboys or Vikings. We may not see it now, but there could be a drop in Ram fan spending in a decade or so. Just my thought.

by Elvis
5 years 6 months ago
 Total posts:   38376  
United States of America   Los Angeles
Administrator

RamsFanSince89 wrote:I fully believe there is no team rivalry. It’s much more about marketing and growing the fan base. There is a generational gap in the current fan base. Most of the 10 to 25 yr olds didn’t grow up watching local Ram games on TV. Plus with the blow up of social media and internet services, kids could easily root for the Cowboys or Vikings. We may not see it now, but there could be a drop in Ram fan spending in a decade or so. Just my thought.

True, but someone’s gonna inherit all those SSLs we old timers are gonna buy...

by ramsman34
5 years 6 months ago
 Total posts:   8462  
United States of America   Back in LA baby!

The ONLY way a rivalry even begins is if the chargers win this Sunday. Otherwise, it's just another game - giants, Bucs, Titans - all the same; just another opponent.

by snackdaddy
5 years 6 months ago
 Total posts:   9630  
United States of America   Merced California
Hall of Fame

The Chargers are relegated to Clippers status in LA. That other team no one cares about. Spanos might have fired us up a bit with his attempt to block the move and the fight for LA thing. But no, the Chargers are not a rival. This game won't determine the playoffs win or lose for both teams. After they play it will have just been another game.

Spanos might want this one badly because he'd like to stick it Stan. He's been second fiddle to Stan lately. But its just another game to the players and fans.

by St. Loser Fan
5 years 6 months ago
 Total posts:   10508  
United States of America   Saint Louis MO
Hall of Fame

I hope the Spanos family is forced to sell the Chargers after they fail miserably and have to move back to San Diego.

by Hacksaw
5 years 6 months ago
 Total posts:   24523  
United States of America   AT THE BEACH

St. Loser Fan wrote:I hope the Spanos family is forced to sell the Chargers after they fail miserably and have to move back to San Diego.

This...

by 69RamFan
5 years 6 months ago
 Total posts:   3164  
United States of America   LA CA by way of NY/NJ
Superstar

Its funny about this tweet,,,

Lynn stating its not his concern about the slogans.... he's not in marketing... :lol2: :lol2: :lol2:

Mean while,,, Chargers Marketing is with a Slogan,,, and the RAMs are advertising by bringing the team to different countries,,, states,,, radio station/TV station,,, schools.... Walmart Advertising RAMs clothing...
Sounds like the Chargers are losing in that catagory too... :lol2: :lol2: :lol2:

by RamsFanSince89
5 years 6 months ago
 Total posts:   165  
United States of America   Orcutt, Ca
Rookie

Elvis wrote:True, but someone’s gonna inherit all those SSLs we old timers are gonna buy...

Agreed. But will those people who inherit them be active Ram fans.....or will they be “ticket scalpers” hoping to make a profit on the secondary market? I personally think those are two types of people.

• 2 / 2
18 posts Mar 28 2024