20 posts
  • 1 / 2
 by aeneas1
5 years 6 months ago
 Total posts:   16894  
United States of America   Norcal
Hall of Fame

just put in the backups... on the rams final drive of the arizona game, which ended in a td pass to higbee, the rams fielded blythe at right guard, allen at center, brown at rb, and promptly marched 25 yards (after shields' pick) for the score!

on a more serious note, the rams were up 27-0 throughout the entire 4th quarter, until they made it a 34-0 game with three minutes remaining, against an arizona team that showed no signs of being able to score, an arizona team that was clearly defeated on both sides of the ball, yet the rams starters were kept in... not sure how warm and fuzzy i feel about that, and it seems kinda odd given how cautious mcvay was with the starters during the preseason.

speaking of the hapless arizona cardinals, their drives through week 2:

punt
punt
punt
end of half
punt
punt
interception
touchdown
downs
fumble
-------------------
punt
punt
punt
punt
punt
punt
punt
punt
interception
end of game

:shock2:

and since the second half of the raiders game, what offenses have accomplished against the rams defense:

punt
punt
punt
interception
interception
end of game
punt
punt
punt
punt
punt
punt
punt
punt
interception
end of game

:shock2: :shock2: :shock2: :shock2:

by snackdaddy
5 years 6 months ago
 Total posts:   9630  
United States of America   Merced California
Hall of Fame

I know the Cardinals offense sucks balls. But they do have an experienced quarterback who's capable of at least a few drives in field goal range and maybe a TD. And they have an all pro running back with a Hall of Fame receiver. So was it the Cardinals offense that was so terrible? Or was it the Rams defense that was so dominant? I think its a little of both.

by dieterbrock
5 years 6 months ago
 Total posts:   11512  
United States of America   New Jersey
Hall of Fame

Reading the tea leaves here and I'm coming up with an impression that the Rams might be pretty good, while the Cardinals look to suck
Am I close?

by aeneas1
5 years 6 months ago
 Total posts:   16894  
United States of America   Norcal
Hall of Fame

snackdaddy wrote:I know the Cardinals offense sucks balls. But they do have an experienced quarterback who's capable of at least a few drives in field goal range and maybe a TD. And they have an all pro running back with a Hall of Fame receiver. So was it the Cardinals offense that was so terrible? Or was it the Rams defense that was so dominant? I think its a little of both.

i think i might feel this way if the cards offense didn't look almost as as bad against a suspect redskins defense the week before, in arizona no less, a defense that finished 24th in offensive points allowed last year, a defense that hasn't finished in the top half of the league in offensive points allowed since 2009.... that said, i think the rams d is for real, how couldn't it be?

by dieterbrock
5 years 6 months ago
Hall of Fame

aeneas1 wrote:i think i might feel this way if the cards offense didn't look almost as as bad against a suspect redskins defense the week before, in arizona no less, a defense that finished 24th in offensive points allowed last year, a defense that hasn't finished in the top half of the league in offensive points allowed since 2009.... that said, i think the rams d is for real, how couldn't it be?

I admit, I am relieved that we didn't get to see Bradford playing in Bruce Arians offense with Fitz on a mission

by Elvis
5 years 6 months ago
 Total posts:   38376  
United States of America   Los Angeles
Administrator

Yeah, i would've liked to see Mannion in there when the game was in hand...

by actionjack
5 years 6 months ago
 Total posts:   3895  
United States of America   Sactown
Superstar

dieterbrock wrote:I admit, I am relieved that we didn't get to see Bradford playing in Bruce Arians offense with Fitz on a mission

I agree a 1000% I did not Arians but the guy could coach offense.

Now I hope us and our defense arent getting big heads, I rather be under the radar.

by dieterbrock
5 years 6 months ago
Hall of Fame

Elvis wrote:Yeah, i would've liked to see Mannion in there when the game was in hand...

I'm sure McVay wanted to avoid having a QB controversy. You know, once Mannion gets to play with the 1's, he's gonna turn it all around

by Hacksaw
5 years 6 months ago
 Total posts:   24523  
United States of America   AT THE BEACH

Give me controversy if it get's us a better backup.

Or is McV hiding him so no one will find out how spectacular Mannion is. .? 8-)

by ramsman34
5 years 6 months ago
 Total posts:   8462  
United States of America   Back in LA baby!

punt, punt, punt, punt, punt, interception, end of game......I love that and want to see more of it.

• 1 / 2
20 posts Mar 28 2024