22 posts
  • 1 / 3
 by aeneas1
5 years 6 months ago
 Total posts:   16894  
United States of America   Norcal
Hall of Fame

a great clip/breakdown of goff at work, slowly but surely folks are getting it... as for the morons who don't get it, or get it but refuse to admit they were wrong, gotta wonder what their narrative will be when goff is a top 1-3 nfl qb? are they gonna try to claim that he wasn't good early on? despite a 100.5 qb rating / pro bowl sophomore season? despite posting the 5th highest sophomore qb rating since the nfl/afl merger, among sophomore qbs who booked at least 15 starts?

RSP NFL LENS - Mark Schofield
Published on Sep 13, 2018

The relationship between quarterback and wide receiver can be a beautiful thing. This small adjustment against the Oakland Raiders is a perfect example. Yes, this may have been a coaching point from Sean McVay but even if, the baller move from Jared Goff to sell it in the pocket is a thing of perfection.

COMMENTS:

Troy Nicholson - 5 days ago
Coaching is obviously a major factor in any players ability to be successful, but if anyone still doubts Goff as a passer they just simply have not watched him closely. Even in his rookie year with Fisher's atrocious playbook, Goff put the ball in tight spots with zip and accuracy, however those throws often slammed off of Kenny Britt and Lance Kendrick's rock hard hands. Thanks for this tape eval. Loved it.

Eric Berendsen - 3 days ago
Goff is the real deal!!

MagmaPlayer ROUSSETT - 4 days ago
woah!

by snackdaddy
5 years 6 months ago
 Total posts:   9631  
United States of America   Merced California
Hall of Fame

The more I watch Goff I more I see a comfortable quarterback who's starting to look like a seasoned vet. Yet, he's only got 25 games in his young career including the playoff game. And he's only 23. Soon to be 24. This kid gets it. Nothing phases him. Plays the same if he's ahead or behind.

I know some people still can't get past that rookie season under a horrible coaching staff. Which I think is unfair. No one coulda done well in that environment. And some people think its just an product of McVay's coaching. Well, it takes two to tango. I know McVay's a great coach and he's helped Goff tremendously. But I doubt just anyone could do what he's doing. It feels like its a perfect blend with a great system and a quarterback how knows how to run it.

Some people will continue to cling to the "He's just a product of McVay's system". And that is fine. But when hes hoisting the Superbowl trophy as MVP, Goff will get the last laugh.

by Call me Roman
5 years 6 months ago
 Total posts:   293  
United States of America   LA Coliseum
Rookie

I don't get that who system QB thing, what ever team your on has a "system", so if your qb sucks then the system doesn't work for him? you either get another qb or another system. That's why you have a head coach right? to come in with his system and make it work, along with coaching. I just think it's all talking heads wanted to hear themselves talk.

by 69RamFan
5 years 6 months ago
 Total posts:   3164  
United States of America   LA CA by way of NY/NJ
Superstar

Great Vid Aeneas1

I like watching the coaches films,,, you can catch so much more than what is seen from the TV, unless the network shows different angle replays....

by dieterbrock
5 years 6 months ago
 Total posts:   11512  
United States of America   New Jersey
Hall of Fame

call me Roman wrote:I don't get that who system QB thing, what ever team your on has a "system", so if your qb sucks then the system doesn't work for him? you either get another qb or another system. That's why you have a head coach right? to come in with his system and make it work, along with coaching. I just think it's all talking heads wanted to hear themselves talk.

Exactly!

by TomSlick
5 years 6 months ago
 Total posts:   2907  
Italy   Many of us know the feeling of the universe conspiring to bring car and driver together.
Superstar

If anyone saw him play in college, you'd know the kid is good. He started as a true freshman and was surrounded by a sub-par team. The OL was atrocious and Goff got hammered repeatedly. Yet, he still posted fine numbers. His success now is not a surprise.

by phoenixrising
5 years 6 months ago
 Total posts:   816  
United States of America   Arroyo Grande, CA
Veteran

Nice video. I'm of the opinion that McVay had much to do with Goff's success last year. But the AZ game was a breakthrough IMO--the first time I've felt that Goff did most of it on his own. He had a couple jaw-dropping throws. He was throwing receivers open, throwing them away from the defender and into YAC. And as far as I could see from TV perspective he was going to the right guy every time.

And yet some fans are focusing on the INT and missed throw to wide open Woods. Downtown Rams opened saying it wasn't Goff's best game. Actually, I think it was--from the standpoint of his development as a QB.

by bubbaramfan
5 years 6 months ago
 Total posts:   1117  
United States of America   Carson Landfill
Pro Bowl

When you see how well Keenum and Foles did after they got away from Fisher, why would you be surprised to see Goff do well too, after he got away from Fisher?

• 1 / 3
22 posts Mar 28 2024