80 posts
  • 5 / 8
 by Phil
6 years 1 week ago
 Total posts:   170  
United States of America   Norwalk, CA
Rookie

710 is insufferable.
I like 570. So I can try a 570 and 1090 rotation now and eliminate 710 altogether!

by Flash
6 years 1 week ago
 Total posts:   1209  
United States of America   Houston
Pro Bowl

/zn/ wrote:Just asking. My understanding of the big advantage of this is that 1090 can be heard all the way up to Santa Barbara and who knows how far east. So it not only includes SD but increases the range of the broadcasts every direction. Is that the case?

When I lived in SD it was the Coryell Chargers days and you could not get anything on the Rams unless you had cable and got LA stations. What a huge difference.

From Turfshowtimes Mighty 1090 range.

https://www.turfshowtimes.com/2018/6/6/ ... a-chargers

Mighty_1090_range.JPG

by /zn/
6 years 1 week ago
 Total posts:   6803  
United States of America   Maine
Hall of Fame

Flash wrote:From Turfshowtimes Mighty 1090 range.

https://www.turfshowtimes.com/2018/6/6/ ... a-chargers

Mighty_1090_range.JPG

Thanks. I just read a guy who says he gets 1090 in Morro Bay. So it goes pretty decently far north in the day but not necessarily that far east, I guess. Though I also read somewhere that at night they can be heard as far as New Mexico.

I wonder how many people remember that 1090 is the old station of Wolfman Jack.

by Elvis
6 years 1 week ago
 Total posts:   38885  
United States of America   Los Angeles
Administrator

93 KHJ is where i heard the Wolfman in L.A. They used to print a little sheet of their top 40 you could get it at record stores (and probably other places), they'd play them in order repeatedly with every 3rd or 4th song being something off the list.

I got a new car recently and though i have Sirius for the first time in my life, the AM reception is actually kind of crappy...

by Hacksaw
6 years 1 week ago
 Total posts:   24523  
United States of America   AT THE BEACH

/zn/ wrote:I wonder how many people remember that 1090 is the old station of Wolfman Jack.

Wolfman from his 1090 am days.
5.jpg

I mostly remember Wolfman Jack form the early Midnight Specials.
4.jpg

Elvis wrote:93 KHJ is where i heard the Wolfman in L.A. They used to print a little sheet of their top 40 you could get it at record stores (and probably other places), they'd play them in order repeatedly with every 3rd or 4th song being something off the list.

The 93 KHJ Boss Jocks:
Real Don Steele, Humble Harve, Dave Diamond, Sam Riddle, Walt Baby Love, Charlie Tuna, Shadoe Stevens, Johnny Williams, Charlie Van Dyke, Roger Christian, Gary Mack, Bill Drake, Bob Meadows, Frank Terry, Steve Clark, Bill Wade, Scotty Brink, and others.
1.jpg

2.jpg

"Good Morgan Boss Angeles!" , "Arise and Morganize"
I used to have my clock radio alarm set to KHJ back in grade school. I remember one morning waking up to the Robert W. Morgan show who was playing Donny Osmand's "Puppy Love". I never liked that song much and was dismayed that as it ended, it started over again, and again and again for 1/2 hour. Then suddenly Ringo's "Back Off Boogaloo" came on and started repeating until I had to leave for school. All without commercials. It turns out, RWM was in the process of quitting and started those loops and locked the doors or something to that affect. lol

Not so fun fact: Humble Harve ended up convicted of shooting and killing his wife. "After two weeks in hiding (at Phil Spector’s mansion, according to one account), he was caught." He did time.
3.JPG

GO RAMS

by Hacksaw
6 years 1 week ago
 Total posts:   24523  
United States of America   AT THE BEACH

Flash wrote:Wow that brought back memories! Living in OC we had 1190 KEZY on the AM dial.

I remember the "Mighty"1190 KEZY. They came around a bit later iirc. They broadcast with more power and allowed album cuts for the first time.
Unfortunately for them, FM radio had gone on the air and stations like the "Mighty MET" KMET became the new trend,, and in stereo.

http://www.socalradiohistory.com/kezyam.html

by Flash
6 years 1 week ago
 Total posts:   1209  
United States of America   Houston
Pro Bowl

Hacksaw wrote:I remember the "Mighty"1190 KEZY. They came around a bit later iirc. They broadcast with more power and allowed album cuts for the first time.
Unfortunately for them, FM radio had go on the air and stations like the "Mighty MET" KMET became the new trend,, and in stereo.

http://www.socalradiohistory.com/kezyam.html

"Little bit of Heaven 94.7..."

by 69RamFan
6 years 1 day ago
 Total posts:   3234  
United States of America   LA CA by way of NY/NJ
Superstar

Hacksaw wrote:The key point is they are Chargers fans. Those who fell off, or the thousands of kids listening might feel differently. If they showed Rams games in San Diego, that would be the kiss of death...

Exactly,,, Just like here in L.A., we had built-in RAM base already, plus those fans that came back to being a fan again.

Then we're growing a bigger fan base for the future of the team with a younger generation in the L.A market area...

They will still have a small fan base in S.D. for the Chargers..... but they will have a battle in growing their old fan base and new ones.

Just look at where they are playing, in a 27k scoccer stadium.... and they can't even sellout in there.....
They drawn more fans from other teams. at best only about 5-10 thousand are Charger fans.... and I'm being generious when I say 10...

As far as TV rights,,, the Chargers no longer hold those rights.....
And with the addition of these new star players we added,,,
Especially those games we play against the power teams we play,,,
Starting with the Monday night game against the Raiders, then showing both Games they play against the Chargers..
Then playing the Vikings, GB, Saints, and Chiefs(Thursday night).
Thats at least seven games I can see them airing in SD....

Not looking good for the Chargers organization,,,,, :lol2: :lol2: :lol2:

• 5 / 8
80 posts Jun 17 2024