492 posts
  • 14 / 50
 by WaddyWasWideOpen
6 years 3 months ago
 Total posts:   156  
United States of America   LA Coliseum
Rookie

Im concerned because i have not received email yet. I bought before 2016 season and was Wave 3. So at worst Im still Wave 3. But factoring in the number of people who didnt renew in 2017 or 2018, I should have moved up in the que. Ive called both the Rams main office and the office handling club seats and told them my main purpose of buying Coli tickets was to get in on ground floor of new stadium. Ive been around long enough that Im not naive to those connected or with celeb status will always get better access than people like me, even if they are bandwaggoners. But still. Im really starting to feel like Im going to get effed on this.

by MBRamFan
6 years 3 months ago
 Total posts:   27  
United States of America   Manhattan Beach
Undrafted Free Agent

Each wave lasts 3 weeks, I believe only Waves 0/1 have been completed. The process will last well into the summer. I would guess Wave 3 would begin before the end of April. Good luck!

by SWAdude
6 years 2 months ago
 Total posts:   2440  
Pro Bowl

WaddyWasWideOpen wrote:Im concerned because i have not received email yet. I bought before 2016 season and was Wave 3. So at worst Im still Wave 3. But factoring in the number of people who didnt renew in 2017 or 2018, I should have moved up in the que. Ive called both the Rams main office and the office handling club seats and told them my main purpose of buying Coli tickets was to get in on ground floor of new stadium. Ive been around long enough that Im not naive to those connected or with celeb status will always get better access than people like me, even if they are bandwaggoners. But still. Im really starting to feel like Im going to get effed on this.

I was in wave .5 for the tickets at the coliseum. I am in the second group. As I said in a previous post, they purposely kept the first wave this time around small to feel things out. Plus I have no doubt there are those that were VIP's in the town that got to choose seats without this deposit line us mere mortals have been waiting on. That is life.

My guess is you are within a few more to go. And I think from this point you are not getting "effed" on this. Why would they care?

by Hacksaw
6 years 2 months ago
 Total posts:   24523  
United States of America   AT THE BEACH

This is a little old but a fun related look back.

Colin Cowherd And Dan Patrick Broach Subject of Failing LA Chargers Moving Back to San Diego

The national chorus ripping the Los Angeles Chargers continued Friday, as both Dan Patrick and Colin Cowherd joined the fray. Both guys took to the airwaves to blast the move and the optics of it, while questioning what the NFL could do to improve the situation.

Both guys referred to an interview with The Athletic’s Don Banks that we wrote about on Thursday. In it, Banks claimed he believed the league was already discussing moving the Chargers back to San Diego.

Here’s what Patrick had to say:

It’s clear Patrick thinks the way this has been handled has been awful. Somehow the NFL didn’t understand the climate in Los Angeles or San Diego when it allowed Dean Spanos to move his franchise.

Here’s Cowherd’s rant:

Cowherd’s point that the league would have stepped in to prevent certain teams from moving is completely correct. So far it appears the league overestimated interest in Los Angeles and underestimated it in San Diego. The fact that there’s more buzz in the Chargers old city than their new one is, frankly, incredible. And the buzz coming from San Diego is all negative.

This is a mess and the more the national narrative continues to butt against the move the worse it’s going to look.

https://thebiglead.com/2017/09/22/colin ... san-diego/

by 10:01
6 years 2 months ago
 Total posts:   205  
United States of America   Yukon near Century
Rookie

I went to the Preview Center for an appointment on Saturday. I was in the first wave (after the “friends and family” group that took most of the shade seats in the Coliseum). The experience was pretty good, although we did not end up ordering club seats. We were unable to get information on pricing for the non club seats nor a timeline for those sales. We were able to learn that there are over 10,000 parking spaces on site, and, according to the rep, the open air spaces will allow tailgating as we know it (pop the canopy behind the car and get the grill fired up). I was concerned that it would be largely parking structures ala usc, or a no tailgating zone like Dodger Stadium. The bars and restaurants in the adjacent commercial development will likely be fun on game day, but if we can’t do our good tailgate we wouldn’t consider buying season tix. We’ll be awaiting confirmation before we commit.

by SWAdude
6 years 2 months ago
 Total posts:   2440  
Pro Bowl

My wife and I went yesterday to the Preview Center. We went not thinking we were going to buy seats and ended up coming out of there with two club seats. Our rep was very laid back and absolutely no pressure at all. The presentation sold itself.

Our impression is there are a good number of seats left. While we were there we met a fan who laid down the big bucks for four VIP seats. And he got row two on the isle.

The financing is very interesting and what may seem to be moot at fifty years for getting your money back, to us it was good for the long term investment. Besides our mortgage and a car payment which I consider "good" debt, I am a zero debt kind of guy. The 8.5% interest seemed steep. We were surprised to find out that the interest you pay will also be refunded. This deal is designed to not have a limit on the term limits that other PSL's have. We do partly look at this as property and I believe a great investment. This is truly going to be the finest stadium with a remarkable entertainment complex unlike anything in the world. Second to none and likely nothing like this in my lifetime at least. This goes beyond our beloved Rams IMO.

A few tid bits I haven't read on this board yet that we learned yesterday:

1) The stadium is going to sponsor rideshare during events which will be much more convenient for people like us who fly in for the games.

2) There will be a total of 48,000 parking spaces available within two miles of the stadium. No transportation provided from these places but the point being is there is more than enough to support everyone with parking at differing levels of convenience.

3) As what has been said before there will be 8 different independent paths to drive into the stadium. They displayed these paths with their elaborate modeling presentation where those paths are and where the different arteries will come into play. It plainly will not cause problems for ingress or egress for the events. The stadiums I have been to have had no more than one planned way in or out. Levi stadium truly has none. Worse experience I personally have had trying to drive into or out of any event. To me this is an important aspect of the experience.

4) Rumors in their office is strong that the new uniforms are going to blue and white. Wifey did point out that the charger colors are too close and there doesn't seem to be anything for them changing anytime soon. Although the child in my heart loves the Ferragamos, this last years uniforms really grew on me with the exception of that required gold. Plus, the throwbacks twice a year will be the Ferragamos I am sure. This all just rumor of course. The helmet they had on display where you finalize the contract had a helmet in the Ferragamos though. Which I found curious.

It is my opinion that all will get their fair chance at tickets for the entire stadium. For the coliseum we got to slide in at the tail end of the friends and family because of a friend of a friend. IMO this time it plainly would have been unfair for us to be included in that position. We wouldn't have got that opportunity at the coliseum if we weren't towards the front of the line to begin with. We completed our deposit process 18 seconds after it started. I did confirm that wave 1 this time around was much smaller this time to feel out the viewing process. For those that pass on the premium seating the first time around, my impression was wave 1 will be much larger next time.

We were VERY happy we went to the preview. We were both highly entertained.

Yesterday a boys dream came true.

GO RAMS!!!

by St. Loser Fan
6 years 2 months ago
 Total posts:   10608  
United States of America   Saint Louis MO
Hall of Fame

SWAdude wrote:3) As what has been said before there will be 8 different independent paths to drive into the stadium. They displayed these paths with their elaborate modeling presentation where those paths are and where the different arteries will come into play. It plainly will not cause problems for ingress or egress for the events. The stadiums I have been to have had no more than one planned way in or out. Levi stadium truly has none. Worse experience I personally have had trying to drive into our out of any event. To me this is an important aspect of the experience.

Ever been to AT&T Stadium in Arlington? That's a cluster.

by BrendanOC6
6 years 2 months ago
 Total posts:   89  
United States of America   OC
Practice Squad

"The 8.5% interest seemed steep. We were surprised to find out that the interest you pay will also be refunded."

This is interesting. Thanks for the write-up

by LA_1968
6 years 2 months ago
 Total posts:   70  
Practice Squad

SWAdude wrote:

10:01 wrote:

I just got my preview window email at 12:57 pm PST. Appointments are available from Mon 4/23 thru Weds 5/9 . That's not 3 full weeks so maybe the first few days availability are gone.

For anyone who went recently, can you tell me what seat locations were offered? Thanks.

• 14 / 50
492 posts Jul 05 2024