• 1 / 3
 by Elvis
8 years 9 months ago
 Total posts:   38452  
United States of America   Los Angeles
Administrator

Super cool of @larams47 LeRoy Irvin to answer a few of our questions:

Hi LeRoy,

most of us know you well (as a player) and were big fans during your years with the Rams so it's very cool to get to talk to you as we wait and hope for the Rams to return to L.A..

1. First, and foremost, what's your take on the Rams coming back to L.A.? You say you've heard things about them coming back. What have you heard? Who are you hearing from?

***Cant wait for them to return home. They are coming but can't say who told me. St. Louis Rams are the least valued NFL team and Stan is building his own stadium a move he probably copied from Jerry Jones

2. What's the story on the Father's Day Youth Camp at Crenshaw High?

*** its always a good thing to give back to those who are less fortunate. Eric has a huge heart and has a passion for helping kids all over. I do another camp for him in San Antonio. He has for the last 4 years done a free football and cheer camp at the Marine Corp base at Camp Pendleton. We are always supported by the Rams Booster Club

3. If Wikipedia is to be believed you're now working with Vince Feragamo, what's that like?

****been working with Vince for 9 years as a real estate agent and mortgage consultant and it's a blast. I am not very active anymore, but still go into the office on occasion

4. Any great Rams memories/stories you want to share with us?

***there are so many to Remember but my greatest memory was when Deacon and Merlin knew who I was. We were at an event in LA and I walked up to Merlin to introduce myself and before I could he said "hey LeRoy how are u" and then I went up to Deacon and he said the same thing. Blew my mind then and I still goose bumps just thinking about it

5. What's your take on today's team? Have you been paying close attention? How do you rate our secondary and kick return team?

***Jeff is doing a great job. I don't really think we have a dominating secondary. Not like the ones I played on with All-Pro's like Pat Thomas, Rod Perry, Nolan Cromwell, Monte Jackson, Gary Green, jerry Gray, Johnny Johnson, Vince Newsome, and Herman Edwards
They are young, but they must play better next year if they are serious about becoming a great group

6. What do you think of Elvis Presley?

***I think he was one of the all time greats who allowed fame and fortune ruin him. Long live the Kings Michael and Elvis. They both went out with a bang

by Hacksaw
8 years 9 months ago
 Total posts:   24523  
United States of America   AT THE BEACH

Great interview Elvis.
I loved his take on our current secondary. no wonder they're looking at the lineup he played with. pretty impressive !!
I also thought it was especially cool his reverence for Deacon and Merlin. it goes to show that our heroes have heros too.
most importantly though was his take on the Rams moving back. I don't know who is unnamed sources but I hope his initials are RG.

by den-the-coach
8 years 9 months ago
 Total posts:   870  
United States of America   Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Veteran

I really cannot wait for them to be back in Los Angeles to give the likes of Leroy Irvin and others more access to the Rams I have a feeling that former St. Louis Ram players will be more embraced by Los Angeles than the other way around, but some of that goes to the isolationist regime of Steve Spagnuolo.

Leroy Irvin from Kansas!

by Hacksaw
8 years 9 months ago

Elvis wrote:Updated with the answer to the all important question about Elvis...
Attachments
mj.jpg
elvis.jpg

by Larams47
8 years 9 months ago
 Total posts:   1  
United States of America   LA Coliseum
Undrafted Free Agent

I got some Hacksaw Reynold stories. One of the most prepared players I have ever been around

by azramsfan93
8 years 9 months ago
 Total posts:   1492  
United States of America   Chandler, Arizona
Pro Bowl

Larams47 wrote:I got some Hacksaw Reynold stories. One of the most prepared players I have ever been around

I would love to here those stories. If I can make Oxnard I am buying the beers if you are willing to tell them!

by Hacksaw
8 years 9 months ago

Welcome azramsfan93 and Larams47. Great to have you here. Los Angeles Rams has a nice ring to it don't it ..

I'm down for those stories even if you don't go to Oxnard 47, but hoping to meet up with y'all there. First rounds on me!

• 1 / 3
21 posts Apr 18 2024