8 posts
  • 1 / 1
 by Hacksaw
8 years 9 months ago
 Total posts:   24523  
United States of America   AT THE BEACH

Why not Vinny? I read somewhere that StL taskfarce was presenting all along. Or does this mean that they don't have anything to show them? It's only a month away. So again the story line changes and what we thought was important, might not be.

by bluecoconuts
8 years 9 months ago
 Total posts:   273  
Ireland   LA Coliseum
Rookie

Apparently owners don't want to listen to the cities, but would rather just get an update from the LA Committee... That's probably because they don't want any sob stories, and just want to get down to business.

by The Ripper
8 years 9 months ago
 Total posts:   494  
United States of America   Naples, FL
Starter

That's part of it but they want to wait until the proposals are complete.

by TSFH Fan
8 years 9 months ago
 Total posts:   699  
United States of America   The OC
Veteran

With respect to the StD Taskfarce (heh, I like it Hacksaw), on the owner's share of costs and the proposed bond money, I don't see how their plans are any closer to complete or official than 7 months ago.

{Edit: I'll tempt fate here -- we haven't had an Anti-Inglewood Friday rumor in a while. Vinny is overdue.]

by Elvis
8 years 9 months ago
 Total posts:   38903  
United States of America   Los Angeles
Administrator

Vinny may be turning into the dog that didn't bark.

He has mentioned the Rams and Chargers sharing Inglewood as a plausible outcome, even floated the Raiders to SD lately. He isn't crapping on Inglewood, maybe this is telling us something about where The Chargers are in their thinking?

Though i have to say, when you consider the Chargers started out (allegedly) trying to defend their territory (SD and some of L.A.) and the solution is coming to L.A. as 2nd fiddle to the Rams while the Raiders move into SD, that just makes zero sense to me. And i have a hard time believing it would make sense to the Chargers...

by azramsfan93
8 years 9 months ago
 Total posts:   1495  
United States of America   Chandler, Arizona
Pro Bowl

THe NFL is a joint venture of independant businesses. The owners are an elite club. What goes on between team owners and the cities they currently locate their business in should be kept there.

Giving any of the cities "equal footing" with a team owner is not right, and will only serve to inflame already difficult relationships.

The committee can report on local status to their fellow owners. Keep it in the club.

• 1 / 1
8 posts Jun 26 2024