19 posts
  • 2 / 2
 by OldSchool
8 years 2 months ago
 Total posts:   1750  
United States of America   LA Coliseum
Pro Bowl

Elvis wrote:
OldSchool wrote:I'd bet on Andrew Saciliano involved in it again. And no Karricker.

Who does color? Torry and Marshall? Dickerson and Youngblood?

Who replaces Steve Savard?

If only Bob Starr were still alive, maybe Dick Enberg would give it a go for a year or two?

Yeah no Savard either, as for color guy any of those you mentioned work as well as Farr who's expressed an interest in coming back.

by Gareth
8 years 2 months ago
 Total posts:   1207  
Pro Bowl

Elvis wrote:
OldSchool wrote:I'd bet on Andrew Saciliano involved in it again. And no Karricker.

If only Bob Starr were still alive, maybe Dick Enberg would give it a go for a year or two?

I wouldn't be shocked if Enberg wanted to do it. He came back to do baseball with the Padres a few years ago simply because he loves it. He is retiring from that after the 2016 season but he might feel nostalgic about coming back to do the Rams. It's only 20 games per season. I remember when the Angels won the World Series in 2002, Enberg came back to host a celebration ceremony. He hadn't broadcast the Angels in many years but obviously still felt an attachment to the team. I don't know if the Rams would be interested though because they probably want someone more permanent.

Bob Starr was good - had a golden voice. But Enberg was the best.

by Elvis
8 years 2 months ago
 Total posts:   38771  
United States of America   Los Angeles
Administrator

Gareth wrote:
Elvis wrote:

I wouldn't be shocked if Enberg wanted to do it. He came back to do baseball with the Padres a few years ago simply because he loves it. He is retiring from that after the 2016 season but he might feel nostalgic about coming back to do the Rams. It's only 20 games per season. I remember when the Angels won the World Series in 2002, Enberg came back to host a celebration ceremony. He hadn't broadcast the Angels in many years but obviously still felt an attachment to the team. I don't know if the Rams would be interested though because they probably want someone more permanent.

All my Rams radio nostalgia involves Bob Starr but Enberg would be cool.

As for the preseason color guys, Faulk and Holt are great but i gotta figure they'll go with L.A. Rams since they've been playing that card pretty hard. Jackie Slater would be another good one...

by Hacksaw
8 years 2 months ago
 Total posts:   24523  
United States of America   AT THE BEACH

Turn out the lights, the party's over.

by LoyalRam
8 years 2 months ago
 Total posts:   248  
Rookie

Hearing the RambleOn podcast with Farr, it gives me the sense there is seperation between him and 101ESPN in St Louis. Randy Karraker is just a Rams hater now since the relocation drama ended, and Brad Thompson is the baeball guy that makes the threesome on the Fast Lane (their show) andhas said he is now a Colts fan....Farr was the Rams guy, although he has aquainted himself with other St Louis sports teams, he is instantly the most knowledgeable guy about this Rams team, in LA,,,,,I hope he finds a new radion home in LA.

by trueblue&gold
8 years 2 months ago
 Total posts:   105  
United States of America   The Left Coast
Practice Squad

Elvis wrote:
Gareth wrote:
Elvis wrote:

All my Rams radio nostalgia involves Bob Starr but Enberg would be cool.

As for the preseason color guys, Faulk and Holt are great but i gotta figure they'll go with L.A. Rams since they've been playing that card pretty hard. Jackie Slater would be another good one...

I do not think it will be Slater, He was on 570 last night and when the subject of him being the voice of the LA Rams came up by the fill in host (cannot remember who it was), Slater replied he already has a job as the OL coach for Azuza Pacific.

• 2 / 2
19 posts May 18 2024