17 posts
  • 2 / 2
 by ramsman34
5 years 11 months ago
 Total posts:   8516  
United States of America   Back in LA baby!

Re-signing Barwin would be a smart play right now too, vet minimum with incentives.

by CanuckRightWinger
5 years 11 months ago
 Total posts:   2777  
Canada   VANCOUVER, BC
Superstar

NY Giants have a Cap Space shortage problem. :idea:
Their Roster is bad....I mean, they are picking SECOND OVERALL ON FRIDAY! :oops:
So they need lots of new blood....CHEAP NEW BLOOD BTW!! :idea:
So that means NYG need lotsa lotsa help from the 2018 Draft right??? :idea:

BUT THE G-MEN ONLY HAVE 6 (SIX!!) PICKS NEXT WEEKEND!! :shock:

ERGO: The New York Giants are suffering from IDIS (Insufficient Draft Input Syndrome) :? ....what to do??? what to do???? :cry:

Enter Dr. Les Snead, Healer of IDIS......and holder of 8, count-em EIGHT 2018 Draft Picks....clearly desirable Draft Choice pick-up options for New York's GM Gettleman....and Gettleman knows Snead and Los Ramos would like to move up a tad in the Draft. Ergo.....potential fertile soil for the Giants and Rams to plant a Win-Win Tree, n'est-ce pas?? ;)

TO NYG....points from Trade Chart (in brackets)
Rams #87(155) +Rams #111(72) +Rams #135(38) +Rams #136(37.5) +Rams #176(20.6)
=323.1 Total Trade Point Value

TO LOS RAMOS
NYG #69 (245 points) + NYG #108 (78 points) = 323 Total Trade Point Value

The Giants increase from 6 Total Draft Picks to 9 Total Draft Picks for 2018.
Los Ramos move up 18 slots (87th to 69th overall) in the Third Round, which could be of BWS (Bobby Wagner Significance).....and also move up to 108th from 111th in the Fourth Round.....3 spots, but it's something!! :idea:

Gettleman tells the New York Sports Media.....
"by merely swapping our Third and Fourth Rounders with Los Angeles, WE NETTED AN ADDITIONAL 3 DRAFT PICKS TO HELP US TO IMPROVE OUR FOOTBALL TEAM!!! BY WAY OF THIS TRADE, WE GO FROM THE PREVIOUS NFL LOW OF 6 TOTAL 2018 DRAFT PICKS TO A NEW TOTAL OF 9 DRAFT PICKS.....I CAN TELL YOU THAT OUR COACHING STAFF AND SCOUTS ARE SIMPLY ECSTATIC WITH THIS NEW INFLUX OF DRAFT CHOICES FOR NEXT WEEKEND !!!"

Of course we in LA go from 8 Total Picks to only 5 in my deal.....but we move up 21 slots in total (18 + 3)....and that Giants #69 overall pick is a PoorMan's Late Second Rounder IMHO!! :idea: :arrow: 8-)

Whadda guys think???????

by safer
5 years 11 months ago
 Total posts:   1275  
United States of America   LA Coliseum
Pro Bowl

I like this concept Canuck! This particular scenario looks like it would benefit both teams. I've been trying to learn more about where a couple of developmental LT (ONeill from Pitt, and there is another guy who was moved from T/E to LT; has skills, but needs to bulk up and gain more strength) guys would go, and it's looking like the 2nd round, meaning we'd still need to move up more, which I would be fine with, even if we traded a mid rounder from next year. THE reason I really want us to do this, this year, is that gives our coaches the time to make sure this guy will be our future LT while Whitworth is still a stud. Maybe the guy would be able to start at LG, RG or RT in '19, depending primarily on how Big Rob and Brown pan out, and if Saffold can stay healthy. I don't like waiting til Whitworth is in the twilight of his career and then find out we didn't draft a strong enough player.

by CanuckRightWinger
5 years 11 months ago
 Total posts:   2777  
Canada   VANCOUVER, BC
Superstar

Yeah safer...I would agree that perhaps the "best value" at our first two picks of #87 in the Third Round and #111 in the Fourth would be OLine prospects....and I would include your 6'7" 297 lb Pitt OT Brian O'Neill in that potential grouping! :idea:

Is it just me....or are you and I the only two RFU guys posting in this DRAFT FORUM???!!! :? :arrow: :lol:

by ramsman34
5 years 11 months ago
 Total posts:   8516  
United States of America   Back in LA baby!

Well hi guys, lol. I personally don't care about the number of picks we have/use. I just want them to get quality, developmental depth at OL and/or, target a potential stater at Edge/ILB they can parlay picks to move up for. If they stay put and keep their picks (Les just HAS to move around this draft, doesn't he?), then OL depth remains the highest priority followed by depth at LB. I just can't see any other position that needs serious attention unless the BPA at a stacked position is just that much better than players available at need positions, which would be a rare phenomenon after the 4th round.

by safer
5 years 11 months ago
Pro Bowl

CanuckRightWinger wrote:Yeah safer...I would agree that perhaps the "best value" at our first two picks of #87 in the Third Round and #111 in the Fourth would be OLine prospects....and I would include your 6'7" 297 lb Pitt OT Brian O'Neill in that potential grouping! :idea:

Is it just me....or are you and I the only two RFU guys posting in this DRAFT FORUM???!!! :? :arrow: :lol:

I think it's just you, Canuck :D ;) :shock:

by safer
5 years 11 months ago
Pro Bowl

ok guys...using the ESPN ratings and comments (obviously subjective material here) here's the LT prospects that likely will come off of the board in round two.
This OT class is pretty weak, and it's possible that not a single OT is taken in round 1, but McGlinchny (ranked # 28) probably does.
Kolton Miller--huge UCLA LT, (ranked 36 overall) goes early round 2; I don't know much about him.
Another guy, who most think will be an OG in the NFL, is my fav, LT Isiah Wynn (ranked as an OG). All I know is he was a STUD LT in the National Championship Game.
Orlando Brown is ranked as the 48th (mid round 2) player in this draft and he is a HUGE question mark. Guy was a stud LT at Okla, but absolutely tested horribly at the combine. Is he lazy? Did he not workout? Does he need to be bitch slapped before every game? What the hell? But in games, this 6'7" 345 lb guy was a stud. Hard to say what he will do when he gets a lot of money, huh? The next two are very similar athletes, and about 6'5"; 300 pounds. Geron Christian (#52 overall)of Louisville, and Oneill (#56 overall) of Pitt. Both are very athletic, and smart but lacking in power. Both have the feet and skill set to develop into a quality LT.
Next is Jamarco Jones LT (#98)from THE Ohio State. Like the two above, but not rated nearly as high. The flyer is Brandon Parker (#138) of N. Carolina A &T.
I think I'd prefer either of Christian/O'Neill/Wynn that we move up for in the mid 2nd; and take the flyer on Parker in the 4th. And draft lber's with all of the other picks...... ;)

• 2 / 2
17 posts Apr 16 2024