9 posts
  • 1 / 1
 by safer
6 years 2 months ago
 Total posts:   1275  
United States of America   LA Coliseum
Pro Bowl

I am feeling quite validated by this. :shock: They drafted him to be their future LT, even though many say he is too short. Guy is a stud!

The guy played great vs. Bama. Even when they put a speed rusher on him. He's a senior, but I had read zippo on him til that game. Avg size--6'5" 302, but damn good feet

by ramsman34
6 years 1 month ago
 Total posts:   8462  
United States of America   Back in LA baby!

He has looked really good on 1 v 1 drills at the Sr. Bowl. They keep taking about him as a guard more than a tackle although, they do say he can play outside. I hope we find a quality LT and OG/C in this draft, and continue to build better depth. That could set us up for the next decade.

by Hacksaw_64
6 years 1 month ago
 Total posts:   2686  
United States of America   Inglewood, CA

ramsman34 wrote:He has looked really good on 1 v 1 drills at the Sr. Bowl. They keep taking about him as a guard more than a tackle although, they do say he can play outside. I hope we find a quality LT and OG/C in this draft, and continue to build better depth. That could set us up for the next decade.

My only question is his length for an NFL OT. Although he does seem to overcome this obstacle well by playing with a wide base....

The Rams seem to follow the draft strategy of drafting strictly College OT's. Then playing them inside early to develop in hopes of moving them outside.

I like this strategy!

Been awhile since they drafted a pure guard prospect..

If Wynn can show ability to handle NFL OT then that makes him a great early target.

Can we trade down and still get him?

by Hacksaw_64
6 years 1 month ago
 Total posts:   2686  
United States of America   Inglewood, CA

Elvis wrote:https://twitter.com/Alex_Flanagan/status/956696152631599104

maybe we get lucky and this kid drops with injury

by safer
6 years 1 month ago
Pro Bowl

He is listed as a top 5 prospect both as a OG and center. But, he might also make it as a LT. This guy could potentially help us in so many ways. Doubt if he will be there in the third round.

by pmill66
6 years 1 month ago
 Total posts:   152  
Rookie

He may be a player the Rams looked at if trading down from 23, to the end of the 1st round. Could battle Brown for the starting RG job.

by Elmgrovegnome
6 years 1 month ago
 Total posts:   624  
Veteran

Ideally he plays inside. It will be difficult to land a top left tackle in this draft when picking at 23. It's more likely they can take a guy later that has development potential.

When it comes to substitutions a first round Olinemen won't see much playing time at all without some one getting injured. Plus they have Boy the to sub at Center and Guard. So, which positions would make the biggest impact?

I think ideally a first round corner, mlb, or OLB makes the biggest impact. With no second round pick it becomes more urgent to hit on production from round 1 and even 3. Unless they have a few great free agent signings or trades then Corner or LBer seems like the most bang for the buck.

by safer
6 years 4 weeks ago
Pro Bowl

I'm not saying he is the Aaron Donald of Olinemen, BUT, I know what I saw vs. Bama when he was at LT. Total stud. This whole thing about the measurables.....how many times have teams wiffed on that one? IF the guy is so technically sound, why not take him in the 1st, knowing that at worst, he can start for us inside at guard OR ctr. Gives us lots of options...and maybe even our LT of the future. I think there is little downside to him at that point in the draft. He could also be our swing tackle this year too...something we badly need.

• 1 / 1
9 posts Mar 28 2024