142 posts
  • 2 / 15
 by HopHead Ram
7 years 7 months ago
 Total posts:   1568  
United States of America   The Left Coast
Pro Bowl

Seriously, This site just became my landing page for all things Rams. I used to hit the news site first to get the lay of the land before delving into board discussions here at RFU. Now I can get that news here. Love it!

by aeneas1
7 years 7 months ago
 Total posts:   16894  
United States of America   Norcal
Hall of Fame

Hacksaw wrote:Great job A-1. It will take a little time getting used to. It seems to eat up a bit more bandwidth or something as it seems slower than the old format.

The only thing I noticed yet are the compressed avatars. Every one got squashed into a square. Many avi's are now out of perspective.

1. yes, it's a bit slower than the previous theme (prosilver) because it loads more data, i.e. the header, images and live links in the footer.... there are a few things we can do, that i'll look into, such as cloudfare and supercache, two features servers offer which caches a lot of the often loaded stuff on their end so it's ready to roll...

2. yeah, the damn avatars... i actually resized them all in photoshop and they weren't crunched at all, but something is going on, some did get crunched a bit when i uploaded them, maybe it's the border (which changes from gray to gold when a member is online), will work on it a bit... btw the reason they are all the same size and square is so that they work well in responsive mode, i.e. in mobile view, different sized avatars can cause unpredictable formatting headaches in responsive mode....

by aeneas1
7 years 7 months ago
Hall of Fame

HopHead Ram wrote:Seriously, This site just became my landing page for all things Rams. I used to hit the news site first to get the lay of the land before delving into board discussions here at RFU. Now I can get that news here. Love it!

right on! a lot of the twitter feeds are updated pretty quickly, and there are a ton of them which can be found in dashboard > resources > news & feeds... i pulled twitter timelines from what i think are the best rams tweeters, some great stuff in there... i also iframed media from the l.a. rams website which is automatically updated here when they update... check out "roster & more" under resources, i've iframed ourlad's rams roster so it;s automatically updated here when ourlads updates it....

by aeneas1
7 years 7 months ago
Hall of Fame

ramsman34 wrote:Beautiful design! Great Job A1!!!!!

thanks dude, gotta tell ya tho, i felt bad trying to work your great avatar into a square, hope i didn't butcher it too much, but i think it still looks good!

by aeneas1
7 years 7 months ago
Hall of Fame

trony wrote:The new website looks awesome. It's very modern.

This is more of a feature request. Now that the forum is phpBB enabled, can this website/forum be added to the tapatalk.com directory?

No rush, I know the site just got upgraded. It would be nice to follow this forum via a mobile app. :D

Thanks in advance.

first i've ever heard of tapatalk... just went over there and it looks very cool, don't know why we can't do that.... why not send elvis a pm and get that going? great suggestion, thanks!

by aeneas1
7 years 7 months ago
Hall of Fame

Hacksaw wrote:Found the like button, Where is the edit button? Also where are the mod controls?

bottom of each thread page, left hand side, one of the gray button with a down arrow... when you hover it you should see a popup tip that says "mod tools", it's a dropdown menu... also, if you go to the dashboard, under your avatar, there's a button with horizontal bars that takes you to the mod control panel... please let me know if you still can't locate the stuff 'cause i'm not sure how clear i was!

by aeneas1
7 years 7 months ago
Hall of Fame

SWAdude wrote:How do you log off?

dashboard, under your avatar!

by Hacksaw
7 years 7 months ago
 Total posts:   24523  
United States of America   AT THE BEACH

aeneas1 wrote:
Hacksaw wrote:Found the like button, Where is the edit button? Also where are the mod controls?

bottom of each thread page, left hand side, one of the gray button with a down arrow... when you hover it you should see a popup tip that says "mod tools", it's a dropdown menu... also, if you go to the dashboard, under your avatar, there's a button with horizontal bars that takes you to the mod control panel... please let me know if you still can't locate the stuff 'cause i'm not sure how clear i was!

Thanks A 1. I should have known to hit the hamburger. That opened up a lot of features that I couldn't find. It's just getting better and better.

by aeneas1
7 years 7 months ago
Hall of Fame

Hacksaw wrote:
aeneas1 wrote:

Thanks A 1. I should have known to hit the hamburger. That opened up a lot of features that I couldn't find. It's just getting better and better.

cool, glad you found it hacksaw!

by PhxRam
7 years 7 months ago
 Total posts:   376  
Mexico   LA Coliseum
Starter

Great job guys . Looks great on mobile.

• 2 / 15
142 posts May 13 2024