24 posts
  • 1 / 3
 by TomSlick
7 years 11 months ago
 Total posts:   2907  
Italy   Many of us know the feeling of the universe conspiring to bring car and driver together.
Superstar

Big Cheese,

I notice my sig picture only appears when I'm logged in; otherwise, I just get the tiny little box with the "x" in it. Is there a way to get the sig pic to display when I'm not logged in and just cruising the site?

by Elvis
7 years 11 months ago
 Total posts:   38376  
United States of America   Los Angeles
Administrator

Hey Tom,

that's probably a board setting. I'll check into it...

by TomSlick
7 years 11 months ago
Italy   Many of us know the feeling of the universe conspiring to bring car and driver together.
Superstar

Elvis wrote:Hey Tom,

that's probably a board setting. I'll check into it...

Cool, thanks.

by TomSlick
7 years 11 months ago
Superstar

Downloaded a new pic, reloaded sig but still not getting a sig when I'm logged out.

by TomSlick
7 years 2 months ago
Superstar

I'm trying to update my sig picture and I'm getting the error message, "It was not possible to determine the dimensions of the image".

The picture I'm trying to use has been downloaded into a post on page 7 of the General Discussion forum. I use the thread "The Unofficial..." to download a picture. Then I use "properties" to determine the URL and put that address into my signature box in Profile.
This was my method for acquiring my current sig pic...the shack.

Any ideas what I'm doing wrong?

by aeneas1
7 years 2 months ago
 Total posts:   16894  
United States of America   Norcal
Hall of Fame

TomSlick wrote:I'm trying to update my sig picture and I'm getting the error message, "It was not possible to determine the dimensions of the image".

The picture I'm trying to use has been downloaded into a post on page 7 of the General Discussion forum. I use the thread "The Unofficial..." to download a picture. Then I use "properties" to determine the URL and put that address into my signature box in Profile.
This was my method for acquiring my current sig pic...the shack.

Any ideas what I'm doing wrong?

actually i don't see your sig either, just an image holder icon which indicates no image... try uploading your image to https://postimage.org/, i think it has to be under 500 pixels wide, or under 400... use the "direct link" option at postimage to copy and paste your image once it's uploaded, and then use the image bbcode icon to wrap the link, or surround the link with
Code: Select all[img][/img]

i just tried this with a test sig image and it worked fine but let me know if it doesn't work for you!
@TomSlick

by TomSlick
7 years 2 months ago
Superstar

nope, still working on it.

by TomSlick
7 years 2 months ago
Superstar

aeneas1 wrote:actually i don't see your sig either, just an image holder icon which indicates no image... try uploading your image to https://postimage.org/, i think it has to be under 500 pixels wide, or under 400... use the "direct link" option at postimage to copy and paste your image once it's uploaded, and then use the image bbcode icon to wrap the link, or surround the link with
Code: Select all[img][/img]

i just tried this with a test sig image and it worked fine but let me know if it doesn't work for you!
@TomSlick

Not happening for me.

Using direct link I've tried the following
and

and neither has worked. I've put the above attempts in the sig box in PROFILE.
On the plus side, I no longer get the "dimensions unknown" error.

I just don't get anything in the sig when I post.

Maybe I need root privilege...

by TomSlick
7 years 2 months ago
Superstar

@aeneas1

Well, it works now. After making my changes, I'd look at an old post and see if anything changed. It hadn't.
However, when I made a new post, the one above this one, it then kicked in. Must of needed to be "flushed out" by creating a new post.

Cool, thanks A1...you're an officer and a gentleman.

by TomSlick
5 years 5 months ago
Superstar

This is a vid test.
Attachments

[ Play Quicktime file ] 100_0037.MOV [ 130.77 MiB | Viewed 4375 times ]

[ Play Quicktime file ] 100_0039.MOV [ 65.13 MiB | Viewed 4376 times ]

• 1 / 3
24 posts Mar 28 2024