47 posts
  • 1 / 5
 by Elvis
8 years 11 months ago
 Total posts:   38377  
United States of America   Los Angeles
Administrator

Just trying to figure this thing out. "You think you hate it now, wait till you drive it..."

by Gareth
8 years 11 months ago
 Total posts:   1207  
United States of America   LA Coliseum
Pro Bowl

A brand new site yet I feel like I've known the owner for 50 years.

by dieterbrock
8 years 11 months ago
 Total posts:   11512  
United States of America   New Jersey
Hall of Fame

I'm your Huckleberry....

by Hacksaw
8 years 11 months ago
 Total posts:   24523  
United States of America   AT THE BEACH

Elvis wrote:Just trying to figure this thing out. "You think you hate it now, wait till you drive it..."

Hope ya get her purring, just keep it on the road!

GO RAMS

by Rams Dominate
8 years 10 months ago
 Total posts:   240  
Ireland   Monterey Peninsula
Rookie

Howdy, just registered & am just going here & there checking things out...I've noticed some people being called by what seems to be their given name, true? I don't mind that at all but if its not the norm hopefully someone will clue me in...Hope to contribute in a Positive manner because I see some posters names registered here that I enjoy reading & communicating with...Also whats up with the page of Rams helmets that keep showing up? Am I supposed to pick one as an avatar?
Thanks for the invite Hacksaw...RD

by Elvis
8 years 10 months ago
Administrator

Salinas is in the house, welcome.

I'm not sure what's happening with the helmets but it probably shouldn't be. The website background is helmets (which helmet depends on the style you choose) so maybe that's what you're seeing? Give me more info, or shoot me a PM and we'll see if we can figure it out...

by Rams Dominate
8 years 9 months ago
Rookie

Hi Elvis, yes there's a whole page of helmets that show up at times when I'm surfing but they don't stick around long enough to check them out, warning: I'm a Black & white fan, lol, but if I'm supposed to pick one they don't stick around long enough to even check them out...
Have a suggestion for the site, how about a "back to the top" feature instead of having to scroll back to the top every time, it could be put at the start of every post, RRF has this feature & it really speeds surfing up...You asked for suggestions...
Back to the helmets, how can I freeze that page so I can look at them?
Also, I figured out the symbol for edit on my posts but what do the others stand for? Duh X= Delete, ok the other 2 then... :geek:
One more thing, are we notified by email each time when someone posts in a thread I've posted in? For instance I had no idea you had posted to me or that I had a pm...Yes I had checked the "notify me" box, but never saw one in pm's...
Never mind on the symbols, got it...

by Elvis
8 years 9 months ago
Administrator

It sounds to me like your screen is too small to show the background, that the forum body takes up the whole screen. So i'm guessing when you jump from one page to another you see the background for a second before the body loads and covers it up. Does that sound possible? You might like the "Old School" blue and white style best.

If you rest your mouse over an icon, a balloon tip should tell you what it is. There's Edit, Delete, Report, Reply with Quotes, etc.

As for back to top, that's not available (at least as far as i know, i'll look into it) but if you look at the bottom left, just under "Post Reply" you can click on "Return to 'Announcements'" or whichever forum you're in. And that will take you to the list of topics. And there's a Jump to drop down on the right where you can jump to a different forum.

At the top right you can see if you have any notifications or PM's. You can also go to "User Control Panel" by clicking on your name in the upper right and change your notification settings there under the Board preferences tab. (There's a ton of crap in there...) But you can choose when you get emails and when you get notifications on the board, or both.

Let me know...

by Rams Dominate
8 years 9 months ago
Rookie

I'm not computer hip like I'm sure a lot of the posters here are, but I do have a large screen laptop, actually as I type this the background is sticking out !/2 inch on either side of the forum page so actually the forum body doesn't quite take up the whole screen...I appreciate your help Elvis, some of your tips I actually figured out on my own, thanks...Who knew when they were putting the Fearsome Foursome together in the 70's I'd have to know this stuff? LOL... I'm old school I admit but my love for this team is as deep as anyones & once I figure it out & get used to moving around on here I'll be fine...That "back to the top" feature is used on Real Rams Fans & it makes moving around a lot easier, I mentioned it because in one of your posts you asked for suggestions...I used the notification feature to retrieve your response & have been pm'ing Hacksaw for a couple days, baby steps for us geezers aye? But any help is appreciated, really...

by Rams Dominate
8 years 9 months ago
Rookie

Wow! Jack Snow just showed up! Thank you whoever brought him over here, I missed him...Who do I thank for bringing JS here? Hacksaw? Elvis? Its mighty cool to have him here & yes I like the old style uni's...

• 1 / 5
47 posts Mar 28 2024