2 posts
  • 1 / 1
 by dieterbrock
6 years 5 months ago
 Total posts:   11512  
United States of America   New Jersey
Hall of Fame

Kind of surprised but not really disappointed.
Interesting to see who they hire

by PARAM
6 years 4 months ago
 Total posts:   12184  
Barbados   Just far enough North of Philadelphia
Hall of Fame

When it happened you were the first person I thought of!! I knew you would be happy. It's a big deal IMO. Good? Or bad? Depends on who they hire and how they handle/develop further the young guys. I don't think Girardi was as bad as he was perceived by some Yankee fans. But I also am excited for the change. 10 years is a long time.

And for history, when Steinbrenner bought the team he changed managers 17 times the first 19 years, 9 times in season. The Yankees had 5 losing years, won 4 pennants and 2 Championships during those 19 seasons. After hiring Showalter (thanks Stick) the Yanks had just 3 managers the last 26 years, 1 losing season (Bucks first season), 7 pennants and 5 Championships.

I know Steinbrenner has been gone since 2010, incapacitated even earlier and didn't run the team his last few year but ironically we haven't won it all since 2009. Now Stick is gone but IMO he taught Cashman well. Can't wait to see who they hire and the rumor is it may be a young, first timer from within.

• 1 / 1
2 posts Mar 28 2024