20 posts
  • 1 / 2
 by PARAM
6 years 5 months ago
 Total posts:   12185  
Barbados   Just far enough North of Philadelphia
Hall of Fame

Okay so the Yankees came back in a big way, setting up a best of 3. Houston has Keuchel and Verlander set up for the next two. NY has Tanaka and Severino. Listening to the radio; watching all the talking heads on TV, the feeling of some after last night was "what an inspiring comeback for NY and what a crushing loss for Houston". Today the feeling of some is "Yankees have to win tonight or it's over". True, it appears the Astros are set up nice. Keuchel hamstrings the Yanks every time he pitches. And they have Verlander in game 6. What happens if one of them fails? Who do they have for game 7?

We know what happens if both fail.

by snackdaddy
6 years 5 months ago
 Total posts:   9631  
United States of America   Merced California
Hall of Fame

Yanks up 4-0 in the bottom of the 6th. The dream of a Yankees/Dodgers series is still alive. Yanks just gotta win one on the road.

I think a Yankees/Dodgers series would bring a lot of attention. Plenty of nostalgia and history with those two teams. I can remember the last 3 meetings. Reggie Jackson gave me nightmares. And who the hell is Bucky Dent? I remember those too well.

On the flip side Fernandomania was a way of life. And the Dodger infield of Garvey/Lopes/Russell/Cey.

by Elvis
6 years 5 months ago
 Total posts:   38377  
United States of America   Los Angeles
Administrator

Man, 40 years since those back to back WS against the Yankess. Bob Welch going against Reggie Jackson, Craig Nettles...

I liked this year better, though the singing is unbearable:

by dieterbrock
6 years 5 months ago
 Total posts:   11512  
United States of America   New Jersey
Hall of Fame

Man I miss Greg. Aka Beerbelly.
Always talked about a Dodgers/Yankees WS.

by PARAM
6 years 5 months ago
Hall of Fame

snackdaddy wrote:Yanks up 4-0 in the bottom of the 6th. The dream of a Yankees/Dodgers series is still alive. Yanks just gotta win one on the road.

I think a Yankees/Dodgers series would bring a lot of attention. Plenty of nostalgia and history with those two teams. I can remember the last 3 meetings. Reggie Jackson gave me nightmares. And who the hell is Bucky Dent? I remember those too well.

On the flip side Fernandomania was a way of life. And the Dodger infield of Garvey/Lopes/Russell/Cey.

Bucky Dent? What about Brian Doyle? 8-) I think the worst loss I felt the most vs the Dodgers was a game out in L.A. that Guidry pitched in 1981. Lost 2-1 and gave up HR's to Guerrero and Yeager. Game 5 of a 2-2 series.

I got two words for that series.....George Frazier.

Reggie was a huge part of those series. The 3 consecutive HRs in 77. The hip check on Russell's throw in 78. The error in 81 that allowed the Dodgers to tie game 4.

I just realized, 29 years since the Dodger made the World Series. And you guys WANTED the Rams back? Maybe the worm is turning!!!!

by snackdaddy
6 years 5 months ago
Hall of Fame

PARAM wrote:Bucky Dent? What about Brian Doyle? 8-) I think the worst loss I felt the most vs the Dodgers was a game out in L.A. that Guidry pitched in 1981. Lost 2-1 and gave up HR's to Guerrero and Yeager. Game 5 of a 2-2 series.

I got two words for that series.....George Frazier.

Reggie was a huge part of those series. The 3 consecutive HRs in 77. The hip check on Russell's throw in 78. The error in 81 that allowed the Dodgers to tie game 4.

I just realized, 29 years since the Dodger made the World Series. And you guys WANTED the Rams back? Maybe the worm is turning!!!!

Dodgers lately are reminding me of the Rams teams back in the late 60's and throughout the 70's. A good team who consistently made the playoffs but just couldn't quite get over the hump. The Rams championship is actually more recent now.

by PARAM
6 years 5 months ago
Hall of Fame

snackdaddy wrote:Yanks up 4-0 in the bottom of the 6th. The dream of a Yankees/Dodgers series is still alive. Yanks just gotta win one on the road.

They got the monkey off their back. Keuchel dominated them. I've been screaming at the TV for 3 years now, "just don't swing. He won't throw more than 2 pitches in the strike zone of the first five. Problem is #6 is just as likely to be a ball too". Now I want to see them light up Verlander. Don't approach this as two games to win one. Approach it as an elimination game. Light him up.

by snackdaddy
6 years 5 months ago
Hall of Fame

PARAM wrote:They got the monkey off their back. Keuchel dominated them. I've been screaming at the TV for 3 years now, "just don't swing. He won't throw more than 2 pitches in the strike zone of the first five. Problem is #6 is just as likely to be a ball too". Now I want to see them light up Verlander. Don't approach this as two games to win one. Approach it as an elimination game. Light him up.

Yeah, don't let it go to game 7. You don't have to approach it like there's no tomorrow as far as using up the bullpen, but you gotta set the lineup to win.

I thought Roberts approached that game last night like he had one to give. I don't wanna be a victim to the first blown 3-0 lead in the NLCS. Finish em while you can. Cubs body language showed they were demoralized after game 3. Now they have a sliver of hope.

by Hacksaw
6 years 5 months ago
 Total posts:   24523  
United States of America   AT THE BEACH

National League Pennant belong to your Los Angeles Dodgers.

Game 7 in Houston. Go Asstros.

by PARAM
6 years 5 months ago
Hall of Fame

Hacksaw wrote:Go Asstros.

Boooooo.
Hiiisssssssss.

I can understand Dodger fans preferring Houston. Bad things seem to happen to them when they play the Yankees. :D ;)

It certainly looks like the Astros have the Yankees right where they want them.

• 1 / 2
20 posts Mar 28 2024