403 posts
  • 28 / 41
 by Hacksaw
6 years 8 months ago
 Total posts:   24523  
United States of America   AT THE BEACH

Lonzo Ball is legit. Smokin' in Summer league. Lakers D team could win the D tournament. In recent years that would have been unthinkable.

by Hacksaw
6 years 6 months ago

Lakers sign Bogut..

Does this mean that Zubac is a goner. Some kind of trade is going to happen. Lakers trade watch is on.

So who stays and who goes?
1.JPG

by Touchdown TB
6 years 6 months ago
 Total posts:   29  
United States of America   St. Louis
Undrafted Free Agent

Zimmerman being cut or a trade of Zubac for a late 1st.

by Hacksaw
6 years 6 months ago

Lopez was giddy today staring down at his Lakers jersey.

by Hacksaw
6 years 6 months ago

I sure hope those aren't the new ad jerseys.

by Hacksaw
6 years 5 months ago

Game 1,, right were we left off. BOO

by Hacksaw
6 years 4 months ago

These guys don't know how to win.

by snackdaddy
6 years 4 months ago
 Total posts:   9631  
United States of America   Merced California
Hall of Fame

I haven't sat and watched a whole game yet. But I have watched portions of several games. From what I see there is some good young talent that will develop at some point and they'll be a good team. But for now there are some things they don't do well.

From what I've seen the opposition seems to have too many easy looks. Uncontested 3's. Easy dunks and layups. They don't play much defense. They need to be quicker on switches. If they're not hitting 3's and getting points in transition they don't score enough to win.

They seem to do better with that chaotic style and when they draw the other team into it. I suppose Walton wants to teach his guys how to play like the Warriors, but they're not there yet. The Warriors are much more organized and capable of playing half court when forced to. Once those youngsters figure that out, we might see some substantial improvement.

by Hacksaw
6 years 3 months ago

snackdaddy wrote:I haven't sat and watched a whole game yet. But I have watched portions of several games. From what I see there is some good young talent that will develop at some point and they'll be a good team. But for now there are some things they don't do well.

From what I've seen the opposition seems to have too many easy looks. Uncontested 3's. Easy dunks and layups. They don't play much defense. They need to be quicker on switches. If they're not hitting 3's and getting points in transition they don't score enough to win.

They seem to do better with that chaotic style and when they draw the other team into it. I suppose Walton wants to teach his guys how to play like the Warriors, but they're not there yet. The Warriors are much more organized and capable of playing half court when forced to. Once those youngsters figure that out, we might see some substantial improvement.

Youngsters < Durant & Splash Brothers.

by snackdaddy
6 years 2 months ago
 Total posts:   9631  
United States of America   Merced California
Hall of Fame

I actually thought the Lakers had a shot at winning 30 games. So far they look pretty much like a bottom 3 team again. This time I don't think its a matter of tanking. I think they really are that bad. I believe the Celtics get their pick.

But its kinda confusing. It says something about if its #2-5. I suppose if they end up with the top pick they keep it? Its possible. They have 11 wins. One better than the Hawks. Maybe they're tanking for a shot at number one? If they're not tanking then they really are that bad.

All Laker fans can do is hope the young talent they acquired lately can come together in a few years. I don't think its just a matter of young guys needing more time. They need a couple of proven vets and good coaching. But those guys usually want to go to a contender. Its going to be tough luring any to LA with this team. They are probably a minimum two years from .500 and longer for a playoff contender.

• 28 / 41
403 posts Mar 28 2024