403 posts
  • 27 / 41
 by Hacksaw
6 years 9 months ago
 Total posts:   24523  
United States of America   AT THE BEACH

Woj:

Quote:
“The Lakers aren’t giving them Brandon Ingram. They aren’t giving them the number two pick. I think what’s realistic is the Lakers say to them ‘Some combination of Clarkson, Randle…and then maybe the 28th pick in this draft.'”

https://lakersoutsiders.com/2017/06/19/ ... ul-george/

by Hacksaw
6 years 9 months ago

re: elBJ.

Woj:
“Not only is there no guarantee he's coming back, I'm not sure there is an expectation he's re-signing there. I think within Cleveland and around the league they feel that he is very much in play to leave again and likely head out West to one of the two LA teams. The Lakers could very well be a target.”

https://art19.com/shows/vertical

by snackdaddy
6 years 9 months ago
 Total posts:   9631  
United States of America   Merced California
Hall of Fame

Elvis wrote:Lonzo Ball, Paul George and LeBron in 2018?

I'm a little shocked with this move. I thought Russell was in their long term plans. I imagine Lopez won't be around when and if they sign George and Lebron. The reason for the deal was Lopez's expiring contract and to get out from under the Mozgov contract. Looks like next season is not in their plans to be competitive. Unless the youngsters can mature more quickly than expected. They will have a seasoned vet at center who averages 20 PPG.

by Hacksaw
6 years 9 months ago

Quote:
Laker Film Room‏ @LakerFilmRoom 3m3 minutes ago

Lakers feel like they're gonna be able to get LeBron & PG to pair up in LA w/Ingram, Lonzo, & Co.

They better be right.

by Hacksaw
6 years 9 months ago

snackdaddy wrote:I'm a little shocked with this move. I thought Russell was in their long term plans. I imagine Lopez won't be around when and if they sign George and Lebron. The reason for the deal was Lopez's expiring contract and to get out from under the Mozgov contract. Looks like next season is not in their plans to be competitive. Unless the youngsters can mature more quickly than expected. They will have a seasoned vet at center who averages 20 PPG.

Gotta be. This has been hinted around before today. Dangelo was on the skids ever since he blew the man code on Swaggy.

He becomes redundant or an exotic # 2 if Zo is chosen to be our PG. With MJ there to tutor, we might finally be on to something.

by Hacksaw
6 years 9 months ago

This is as much a salary dump for elBJ - PG13 or some combo of vet's like Cousins or Westbrook, than anything. MJ is doing it the old fashioned way with a core of vet's surrounded by high pick talent.

He's like McV in that these aren't his picks so he can cut through the fog with no restraints.

by rams74
6 years 9 months ago
 Total posts:   1460  
Italy   Glendale, Arizona
Pro Bowl

Hacksaw wrote:I still miss Jerry West.

I still miss Jerry West. I find it hard to believe Earvin couldn't clear out enough space to give Jerry a meaningful spot in the organization. And Jeannie, same goes for her. That was not a good look for the Lakers.

by Hacksaw
6 years 9 months ago

rams74 wrote:I still miss Jerry West. I find it hard to believe Earvin couldn't clear out enough space to give Jerry a meaningful spot in the organization. And Jeannie, same goes for her. That was not a good look for the Lakers.

For sure, and to make matters worse he went across town to our city rivals. That alone makes me worry about the clippers more than anything with regard to future success and market share.

Jeannie and MJ should have welcomed him home with open arms.
Very disappointed in them.

• 27 / 41
403 posts Mar 29 2024