Total posts:   24523  
United States of America   AT THE BEACH

The Lakers just can't close out a game.

by snackdaddy
7 years 2 months ago
 Total posts:   9657  
United States of America   Merced California
Hall of Fame

You know, I was saying they'll have to give up that top 3 protected pick. But only 2 teams have less wins now. Its quite possible they'll have another high pick. I guess its time to root for them to tank again. Maybe all these premium picks will pay off in a few years.

by Hacksaw
7 years 2 months ago

snackdaddy wrote:You know, I was saying they'll have to give up that top 3 protected pick. But only 2 teams have less wins now. Its quite possible they'll have another high pick. I guess its time to root for them to tank again. Maybe all these premium picks will pay off in a few years.

By the time they put it together the first of the higher picks might start retiring.

by snackdaddy
7 years 2 months ago
 Total posts:   9657  
United States of America   Merced California
Hall of Fame

Hacksaw wrote:By the time they put it together the first of the higher picks might start retiring.

Yeah, it sure is slow going. And they didn't help themselves winning last night. If they want that to keep that top 3 protected pick they need to stay behind Philly. Unless they get lucky with the lottery balls.

From what I can tell this young team hasn't figured out that defense is the quickest way to being a contender. When they win its because they just outscored the opposition. Hasn't happened a lot lately.

by Hacksaw
7 years 2 months ago

snackdaddy wrote:Yeah, it sure is slow going. And they didn't help themselves winning last night. If they want that to keep that top 3 protected pick they need to stay behind Philly. Unless they get lucky with the lottery balls.

From what I can tell this young team hasn't figured out that defense is the quickest way to being a contender. When they win its because they just outscored the opposition. Hasn't happened a lot lately.

True. Defense wins championships big time in B Ball. That protected pick is huge at this point.

We were on a roll for decades, and I find it no coincidence that we began falling on hard time right around the time of Dr Buss's passing.
And we are still feeling the repercussions left by dick head Stern screwing us over with CP3. That stopped our constant superiority.

Now it's been a full rebuild in slo motion. With Bryant gone it actually started this year so I'm hoping our ascent with become more vertical from here on out.

by Elvis
7 years 1 month ago
 Total posts:   38463  
United States of America   Los Angeles
Administrator

Jim Bus and Mitch Kupchack out...

by Hacksaw
7 years 1 month ago

Well magic was certainly good operating a basketball. Just not so sure he will make a good President of B ball operations. He does have a few successful business ventures so perhaps some of that will help. Magic is a fierce competitor and bleeds purple and gold so this is more than a job to him.
Dude has done real well. I hope beyond hope that will translate to the basketball team. They have the money, They have to structure and the clout,, now they just need players with as much fire in their belly as he had/has.

We need a dominant C to go with all the guns. Make it so #32.

by Hacksaw
6 years 11 months ago

Bump for relevance.

by Hacksaw_64
6 years 11 months ago
 Total posts:   2686  
United States of America   Inglewood, CA

NBA Draft Lottery Simulator

Try your luck to land the Lakers pick!

http://www.tankathon.com/