Pro Bowl

dieterbrock wrote:Yawn...

Man this bs gets old quick.

by JackPMiller
5 years 9 months ago
 Total posts:   2729  
United States of America   LA Coliseum
Superstar

Lakers are not going anywhere. LeBron is getting old. Father time is going to take over. They sign two vets you have to worry if they don't explode in Rondo and Stephenson. Utah is the third best team in the West right now, followed by New Orleans, and talent wise Minnesota.

by haroldjackson29
5 years 9 months ago
 Total posts:   842  
United States of America   LA Coliseum
Veteran

dieterbrock wrote:Yawn...

ie you cant find one single way to prove me wrong, so you run away from it with a pointless remark.
how dumb does the common man have to be, to believe all the unicorns just always fall on the lakers lap, like so much rain....
I just gave a you blatant example of how too perfect its always been. Yet your logical mind is completely drowning in coincidence theory. You choose to believe, instead of logically questioning anything

by dieterbrock
5 years 9 months ago
 Total posts:   11512  
United States of America   New Jersey
Hall of Fame

haroldjackson29 wrote:ie you cant find one single way to prove me wrong, so you run away from it with a pointless remark.
how dumb does the common man have to be, to believe all the unicorns just always fall on the lakers lap, like so much rain....
I just gave a you blatant example of how too perfect its always been. Yet your logical mind is completely drowning in coincidence theory. You choose to believe, instead of logically questioning anything

You're such an idiot.
I used to find your ignorance and stupidity funny, now its just down right annoying.
Here's the fact, there is no conspiracy.
Sorry your boring life needs an excuse.

by Elvis
5 years 9 months ago
 Total posts:   38452  
United States of America   Los Angeles
Administrator

haroldjackson29 wrote:ie you cant find one single way to prove me wrong, so you run away from it with a pointless remark.

It's amazing how you're describing yourself to a T but you'll never see it.

Anyway, you're routine is tiresome to the point of tedious and you've become way too much of a one trick pony injecting the same exact nonsense into every thread you post in. So, seriously, clean up your act or take it somewhere else...

by snackdaddy
5 years 9 months ago
 Total posts:   9657  
United States of America   Merced California
Hall of Fame

JackPMiller wrote:Lakers are not going anywhere. LeBron is getting old. Father time is going to take over. They sign two vets you have to worry if they don't explode in Rondo and Stephenson. Utah is the third best team in the West right now, followed by New Orleans, and talent wise Minnesota.

I won't disagree Lebron won't make them a championship contender the way the team is constructed as is. But you can't underestimate the impact a player his caliber has on a team.

The few years before Pau Gasol came aboard the Lakers were Kobe's team. With nothing around him. Yet, they were a playoff team. Far from a championship team, but they were playoff caliber.

Honestly, this team has more surrounding Lebron as is than Kobe had before Bynum and Lamar Odom came into their own and Pau joined them. Kobe by himself made them a mid to low seed playoff team.

This move was not with the intent of being a championship team in Lebron's first year there. He's ok with it too. This move is designed to give them one last shot at a title before he retires. There are some quality free agents coming out next year and they're freeing up a lot of money.

So far he's not showing signs of slowing down. He might be the best player and arguably the GOAT but he was never the best athlete. Kobe and Jordan were far better athletically. That is why I think Lebron will last a little longer because he relies on his strength more than athleticism. No doubt Father Time will catch up to him. But its quite possible it won't be for 3 or 4 more years.

The Lakers want to go for it the next couple years and add to their already impressive trophy case. After he's gone they'll go into another rebuild mode and take another shot a few years later. Its what they do.

by Hacksaw
5 years 9 months ago
 Total posts:   24523  
United States of America   AT THE BEACH

I haven't been in this forum for a while only to find HJ here doing his thing. @haroldjackson29 Cool it or lose it.

There are far too many variables to predetermine this stuff. Bigger cities are bigger draws for players due to exposure and benefits other than their sports contracts. Larger cities frequently have more jack as well. That's why they invented the salary cap, , to keep a more level playing field.

elBJ is a great aging player who alone could get out of the east but not the West. Coming to LA in the West is great for his career/ post career and will help the Lakers, but the Lakers aren't going to be winning anything with their current roster. He will help the organization earn more money though.

Now if they could field this team;

1.JPG

2.JPG

Do any of these guys get's bumped for elBJ?

http://newarena.com/nba/ranked-each-nba ... mxt=ob_sve

by dieterbrock
5 years 9 months ago
 Total posts:   11512  
United States of America   New Jersey
Hall of Fame

I gotta say, I really respect LBJ for going there. His path to the finals was so much easier in the east and isn't joining a team in great shape, not joining a dream team like he did in Miami or what's going on in GS

by Horny Mcbae
5 years 7 months ago
 Total posts:   1543  
United States of America   South Bay, Los Angeles
Pro Bowl

Never was a LBJ guy but i respect the hell out of him for coming to my Lakers and signing that 4 yr contract and not a 2 yr I'll hold you hostage contract or demanding we sign any specific player.

Lots of people said he is this he is that, he takes over the franchise. So far he has been the model of professionalism and i gotta give props to him for picking my beloved Lakers without any strings attached.

We needed this. Even if he can't bring a championship back to LA he would have helped us build a team that will.

Good times are ahead after some painful years of losing.

by Hacksaw
5 years 5 months ago
 Total posts:   24523  
United States of America   AT THE BEACH

WTF did the Lakers / Nike do to the purple road uniform?
The screen print thing and ads are way bad enough,, but the black stripe with 2 tone trim look worse than awful. No sewn on numbers or letters. :?

Lakers are destroying Phoenix. That would not have happened in the recent past.

• 32 / 41
403 posts Apr 19 2024