403 posts
  • 29 / 41
 by Hacksaw
6 years 2 months ago
 Total posts:   24523  
United States of America   AT THE BEACH

This is getting ridiculous. Not hiring Jerry back when he came calling still sticks in my craw. Where ever my craw is....

by snackdaddy
6 years 2 months ago
 Total posts:   9630  
United States of America   Merced California
Hall of Fame

Before the season I thought the Lakers had a shot at 30 wins. Doesn't sound like much but its a lot better than the past few seasons. For a while I thought maybe that was out of reach. But this modest stretch winning 6 of 8 puts them on track for 30 wins.

They have 36 games left. If they go 13-23 they'll be at 30 wins. Its doable. Baby steps. Gotta get a little better each year. Win 30 this year and maybe .500 is attainable next year. Modest goals, but they've been pretty bad for a few years now. Gotta start somewhere.

by Hacksaw_64
6 years 1 month ago
 Total posts:   2686  
United States of America   Inglewood, CA

by snackdaddy
6 years 1 month ago
Hall of Fame

12-4 over over the last 16. Nice rebound from that bad stretch. Looking more and more like my 30 win goal is reachable. I believe most of that stretch is without Lonzo Ball. I hope they didn't make a mistake drafting him. So far he doesn't look like the future star he was made out to be. I suppose he's just maybe too young to put that kind of pressure on him. At least I hope so. Kuzma's looking like a steal. Ingram is looking like a future star too. His game is well rounded. And he's only 20 years old.

by snackdaddy
6 years 3 weeks ago
Hall of Fame

17-7 over the last 24 games. 28 wins with 20 to play. I think 30 wins is pretty much a done deal. Heck, they could get to the upper 30's the way they're playing. They're still not playing the defense they need to win consistently but they've won some close games late. That's a step in the right direction. They came from double digits behind to beat the Spurs last night.

I'm not sure they can, but if they can lure Lebron and Paul George, I could see them being an instant playoff team. Probably not a championship team but at least back in the playoffs with a mid seed. If not, maybe a couple seasoned vet starters could propel them into the top 8. They just need to keep playing and learn what it takes to win games.

by haroldjackson29
5 years 11 months ago
 Total posts:   842  
United States of America   LA Coliseum
Veteran

either the Lakers get Lebron.. like when the Kings got Gretzky.. or take a break while the Rams and Dodgers keep making the playoffs.

by Hacksaw
5 years 10 months ago

Magic learned some things from Doc Buss and West. Riley too. I get the sense that they're very interested getting guys like elBJ, & George.

It sure would be nice to see some competitive ball again.

by Hacksaw
5 years 9 months ago

Plaschke says on Dan Patrick...
-Paul George is basically done deal (90% from what he has been hearing)
-Key is to get Lebron to come play with him
-Nobody knows Lebron but he feels its a 70% chance he comes to Lakers
-Magic is the key to this whole off season, he is the reason they hired him
-It will be huge for Magics legacy if he lands Lebron or Lebron and Paul.

Courtesy LFAN4LIFE @Lakers Ground

by dieterbrock
5 years 9 months ago
 Total posts:   11512  
United States of America   New Jersey
Hall of Fame

Hacksaw wrote:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5S0Ijx9A-fM

Plaschke says on Dan Patrick...
-Paul George is basically done deal (90% from what he has been hearing)
-Key is to get Lebron to come play with him
-Nobody knows Lebron but he feels its a 70% chance he comes to Lakers
-Magic is the key to this whole off season, he is the reason they hired him
-It will be huge for Magics legacy if he lands Lebron or Lebron and Paul.

Courtesy LFAN4LIFE @Lakers Ground

LeBron just got his kid in to some high school out in LA area I think.
I heard that for LJ to go to LA, they'd have to move Ball. Could they move him and have the $$ for CP3?

by snackdaddy
5 years 9 months ago
Hall of Fame

dieterbrock wrote:LeBron just got his kid in to some high school out in LA area I think.
I heard that for LJ to go to LA, they'd have to move Ball. Could they move him and have the $$ for CP3?

Now that would be a formidable 3 guys. But CP3 seems to get hurt a little too much for my taste. If that would happen I couldn't help thinking about the Howard and Nash acquisitions. That one totally flopped.

If its all about one last shot at a ring for LBJ, I don't know if the Lakers could offer that as much as some other teams out there. They do have the money to pay him. But would LBJ and George be enough to get them over the hump with their current roster? I'm not so sure.

• 29 / 41
403 posts Mar 28 2024