816 posts
  • 2 / 82
 by TSFH Fan
8 years 10 months ago
 Total posts:   699  
United States of America   The OC
Veteran

I used to be a bigger Dodger fan -- credit Fox for lessening my enthusiasm with McSuck killing it. The Geek Squad is kinda neat -- front office most likely to win a Nobel Prize.

Anyhow, I can't be the only one to see this and think: hmmm, so that's what Yasiel Puig playing goalie would look like:

by TomSlick
8 years 10 months ago
 Total posts:   2908  
Italy   Many of us know the feeling of the universe conspiring to bring car and driver together.
Superstar

moklerman wrote:Struggling with the lowly Mets. Dodgers continue to underachieve. And why is there a pitcher every year that gets the "no support" treatment? They just don't score runs for Kershaw.

Nice to see my Giants finally win a stinkin' game. Drop 7 in-a-row and only 4 back. I'll take it.

by TomSlick
8 years 10 months ago
 Total posts:   2908  
Italy   Many of us know the feeling of the universe conspiring to bring car and driver together.
Superstar

TomSlick wrote:Nice to see my Giants finally win a stinkin' game. Drop 7 in-a-row and only 4 back. I'll take it.

And just like that...one step forward, 4 steps back. Good grief.

by snackdaddy
8 years 9 months ago
 Total posts:   9688  
United States of America   Merced California
Hall of Fame

Dodgers pull off a trade to shore up the lower end of the rotation. Latos and Wood are average pitchers, but they might be an upgrade over what they've been using lately. Latos has played better lately and Wood's 3.5 ERA is decent. I was hoping they could swing a deal for Hamels or Price. That woulda given them a formidable rotation if they make the playoffs.

Greinke has been lights out all year and Kershaw is on a roll now. But when they're not pitching, It seems like they're less than a .500 team with the other starters. Hopefully, Latos and Wood can give them a more competitive edge there.

by TSFH Fan
8 years 9 months ago
 Total posts:   699  
United States of America   The OC
Veteran

Dodgers get Wood, give Bird to the Braves . . . with other considerations and another team involved.

by Elvis
8 years 9 months ago
 Total posts:   38705  
United States of America   Los Angeles
Administrator

They sure don't mind taking on dead money, i'd be willing to take some cash out of their coffers...

by Rams Dominate
8 years 9 months ago
 Total posts:   240  
Ireland   Monterey Peninsula
Rookie

Just read an article on Dodgers.com & this new front office uses money like a weapon, if it comes down to money the Dodgers are blind to what it costs & so far have made trades that have improved this team now & down the road,they even came away with the Braves #1 prospect, can't think of his name at the moment but you can read about him at Dodgers.com...I'm impressed with this new front office bigtime...

by snackdaddy
8 years 9 months ago
 Total posts:   9688  
United States of America   Merced California
Hall of Fame

Rams Dominate wrote:Just read an article on Dodgers.com & this new front office uses money like a weapon, if it comes down to money the Dodgers are blind to what it costs & so far have made trades that have improved this team now & down the road,they even came away with the Braves #1 prospect, can't think of his name at the moment but you can read about him at Dodgers.com...I'm impressed with this new front office bigtime...

When the team was sold it seemed the previous FO guys wanted to show they were willing to spend money to field a good team. This FO says they're willing to spend, but they want to spend it wisely. They want to build the farm system and acquire depth. I think they did OK getting Wood and Latos. They're not the caliber of Hamels or Price, but they'll help the back end of the rotation.

They just gotta keep plugging away and get to the playoffs. Its a whole new game in the playoffs. The hot team usually wins. And the hot team at that time isn't always the best team. Get to the playoffs often enough and the odds of sooner or later being that hot team increases.

by Rams Dominate
8 years 9 months ago
 Total posts:   240  
Ireland   Monterey Peninsula
Rookie

Watched all 3 games against the Angels, Greinke, Kershaw & Latos just dominated the Angels, they had their moments but the Angels flat out couldn't handle our starters & couldn't get on a roll...That's a good team the Dodgers swept today & I think its only the 2nd time in the freeway series history the Dodgers have swept them...I've always thought Koufax is the best pitcher I ever saw but Mr.Kershaw isn't far behind him, when he's on it seems like he could throw a no hitter every time out, just like Koufax & I was lucky enough to be there when Koufax threw his perfect game in '65, my baseball #1 thrill, Kershaw is worth every penny he makes...
Both Woods & Latos are young pitchers, & after watching both pitch & after being around guys like Kershaw & Greinke for awhile, their games will grow...From what I've read both guys love being Dodgers too...

by moklerman
8 years 9 months ago
 Total posts:   7680  
United States of America   Bakersfield, CA
Hall of Fame

Rams Dominate wrote:Watched all 3 games against the Angels, Greinke, Kershaw & Latos just dominated the Angels, they had their moments but the Angels flat out couldn't handle our starters & couldn't get on a roll...That's a good team the Dodgers swept today...
I'm as happy as all Dodgers fans and I realize some rivalries don't always equate to the team's overall records but the Angels have lost 9 in a row, haven't they? They're struggling right now. Good for the Dodgers to keep them struggling but it doesn't sound right to credit the Dodgers for beating a good team.

• 2 / 82
816 posts May 13 2024