816 posts
  • 82 / 82
 by ramman2999
6 months 2 weeks ago
 Total posts:   570  
United States of America   LA Coliseum
Veteran

All very good points.

Facts the Dodgers still have not recovered from Trevor Bauer.

It might not look like it. But we are talking about a Cy young award pitcher who we signed to a 3 yr. Deal. That’s an Ace in your rotation for three years that you can’t just replace.

Does that mean our pitchers don’t get Tommy John Surgery because they don’t have to pitch as much? Does Clayton Kershaws shoulder don’t fall off???

What’s puzzling is this is an organization who bought Julio Urias back after he allegedly pushed a woman down on at the Beverly Center. pretty sure you can look at security footage cameras. And she said she fell yeah right.

:shock2: Then Bauer was supposed to be the anchor after Kershaw and be at the top of the rotation with Buehler. I don’t care what rough sex you do. If you aren’t doing anything against the Law you should play. And he was never charged. MLB agenda and Dodgers having to be so PC cost them a World Series or two.

As for Betts he’s a 300 million dollar man. He did win the World Series with clutch play against Tampa..but he hasn’t done shit since.

Freddie Freeman nice regular season player for the Dodgers but horrible in the playoffs. What’s so puzzling is he was so clutch and won the World Series for the Braves but gets here and can’t hit in the post season.

My fix is sign Blake Snell get your ace back. Bring Cody Bellinger back he would’ve made that catch in game 1 before Kershaw imploded. I also think Friedman blew it not paying Corey Seager he won us a World Series. And was World Series MVP. How do you not bring him back???? You have to keep your championship core. Pay players.

Could you see the Rams not paying Cooper Kupp after he won MVP super bowl MVP??? It’s a joke. SEAgers a superstar. You can’t be cheap. Seaters a so.
bribe

x thx r

by Elvis
6 months 2 weeks ago
 Total posts:   38589  
United States of America   Los Angeles
Administrator

actionjack wrote:Agreed about the overall pitching, but CK can only get one out?
Also just as bad, what happened to the hitting. Betts and Freeman were complete no shows AGAIN. Scoring 6 runs in 3 games? Sheesh At least the Braves vomited over themselves too.

Dodgers, Braves, Orioles all went out in 3 straight. This week off thing might not be good for baseball...

by actionjack
6 months 2 weeks ago
 Total posts:   3974  
United States of America   Sactown
Superstar

Elvis wrote:Dodgers, Braves, Orioles all went out in 3 straight. This week off thing might not be good for baseball...

Funny me and a buddy were talking about that, prolly also doesnt help neither team had much to play for over a month while the wildcard teams are battling. Also baseball make it a 7 game series for gawdsakes

by ramman2999
6 months 2 weeks ago
 Total posts:   570  
United States of America   LA Coliseum
Veteran

I definitely think the week off didn’t help. And they should change it. It’s just a joke. They come in disadvantaged and lethargic.

And the bats clearly are bad. And both teams couldn’t hit Braves and Dodgers. That’s all routine. I don’t care how many scrimmages you have. You can’t mimic live games.

It’s gonna cost MLB big money. You lose Atlanta and Los Angeles.

Dodgers Braves is a huge rivalry decider World Series titles in 2020 and 2021 Freeman against his old team. Baseball really stabbed them selves in the foot.

At least make the 1st round a 7 game series.

by PARAM
6 months 2 weeks ago
 Total posts:   12257  
Barbados   Just far enough North of Philadelphia
Hall of Fame

Hell no. Too much baseball and you're playing the World Series in 40⁰ November weather?

Start earlier, play more scheduled DHs during the season.

Keep the rounds as is except WC. That should be best of 3 all in higher seed's park. No off day

by snackdaddy
6 months 1 week ago
 Total posts:   9667  
United States of America   Merced California
Hall of Fame

The big mystery to me is how the Dodgers found a way to win 100 games. Smoke a mirrors? Losing so many starters I woulda pegged them for no more than 90 wins. I did fear they might be built for the regular season but not the playoffs. My fears were realized. Too many starters lost. Urias, Gonsolin, Buehler and May.

I have a feeling Urias has played his last game as a Dodger. I hope Buehler and May can be ready next season. I haven't been following MLB enough to know if there will be an ace caliber pitcher in free agency. If there is they need to sign him asap.

Kershaw is a guy who can win you regular season games but you can't expect much in the playoffs. Miller has potential to be an ace. He's got some nasty stuff. But throwing near 100 mph I fear he'll suffer the same fate as Buehler and May.

If they don't want to waste Betts and Freeman's best years they need to shore up the pitching depth this offseason. I would consider that a top priority. I know 2 runs was not gonna win many games but without a true ace they had no chance at winning a low scoring game.

• 82 / 82
816 posts Apr 28 2024