816 posts
  • 59 / 82
 by snackdaddy
5 years 11 months ago
 Total posts:   9657  
United States of America   Merced California
Hall of Fame

PARAM wrote:I heard an interesting stat on MLB radio.

Arizona has won 10 of 14 series this year. Yet they are only 7 games over .500.

While the Yankees have won 9 of 13 series and they are 16 games over .500.
Boston has won 10 of 14 series this year. They are 15 games over .500.

Wild isn't it?

Yeah, I think it might have been the Giants series where the Dodgers outscored them something like 16-4 but lost two out of 3 to them.

The big difference I've seen in them compared to last year is the bullpen and offense. They have trouble scoring runs and the bullpen gives up the few leads they have.

Last year the bullpen was the strength of the pitching game. And the offense could put up points.

by PARAM
5 years 10 months ago
 Total posts:   12243  
Barbados   Just far enough North of Philadelphia
Hall of Fame

Dodgers are hot.....16-6 to get back to .500., 2.5 GB.

by snackdaddy
5 years 10 months ago
Hall of Fame

Now its 19-6 over the last 25 games. They had a very slow start but they're making up for it the past month. With so many games you can't worry about a bad start or get too excited over a good start. I always felt you don't know how good or bad your team is until the end of June.

by aeneas1
5 years 10 months ago
 Total posts:   16894  
United States of America   Norcal
Hall of Fame

snackdaddy wrote:Now its 19-6 over the last 25 games. They had a very slow start but they're making up for it the past month. With so many games you can't worry about a bad start or get too excited over a good start. I always felt you don't know how good or bad your team is until the end of June.

and my bucs are the opposite, 7-18 in their last 25 after starting the season 26-17 and leading the nl central, now they're in 4th, eight games back, alas... then again, as homerish as bucs (all?) fans are, even we found it close to impossible to believe that they could actually be for real with that roster, if they had turned out to be real mlb would have had to rethink what they pay for star talent.

by snackdaddy
5 years 10 months ago
Hall of Fame

aeneas1 wrote:and my bucs are the opposite, 7-18 in their last 25 after starting the season 26-17 and leading the nl central, now they're in 4th, eight games back, alas... then again, as homerish as bucs (all?) fans are, even we found it close to impossible to believe that they could actually be for real with that roster, if they had turned out to be real mlb would have had to rethink what they pay for star talent.

Aside from injuries to some starting pitchers the Dodgers do have a legit playoff roster. They don't have any 40 HR guys but they have 7 or 8 who would be 20 plus HR's if they played enough. And a couple who should be 30 HR guys.

I don't know where they find these guys but they can plug in new guys who play very well. Seager a couple years ago. Bellinger last year. Taylor wasn't a rookie but he had a breakout year last year. This year its Muncy. I don't even remember his name mentioned among their top prospects but he's tearing it up right now.

by dieterbrock
5 years 10 months ago
 Total posts:   11512  
United States of America   New Jersey
Hall of Fame

snackdaddy wrote:Aside from injuries to some starting pitchers the Dodgers do have a legit playoff roster. They don't have any 40 HR guys but they have 7 or 8 who would be 20 plus HR's if they played enough. And a couple who should be 30 HR guys.

I don't know where they find these guys but they can plug in new guys who play very well. Seager a couple years ago. Bellinger last year. Taylor wasn't a rookie but he had a breakout year last year. This year its Muncy. I don't even remember his name mentioned among their top prospects but he's tearing it up right now.

Puig, Joc Pederson, Dee Gordon... It's truly amazing what happens over there. EVERY year the Dodgers have a new shiny young stud

by snackdaddy
5 years 10 months ago
Hall of Fame

dieterbrock wrote:Puig, Joc Pederson, Dee Gordon... It's truly amazing what happens over there. EVERY year the Dodgers have a new shiny young stud

Yeah, but they always seem to be a stud or two away from winning it all. :?

by snackdaddy
5 years 9 months ago
Hall of Fame

Dodgers have been playing much better the last couple months. They bottomed out at 16-26 and 9 or 10 games out of first. Since then they're 31-13 and finally caught Arizona. Now they can settle in and get ready for a pennant chase. Giants and Rockies are only 3.5 games back. Its shaping up to be a 4 team race to the finish.

I loved last season and that historic 50 game run but these close races bring more excitement. Look at the Yankees and Redsox. Two best teams going back and forth all season. Who's gonna blink first?

by snackdaddy
5 years 8 months ago
Hall of Fame

Hmm, Jansen out with an irregular heartbeat. That doesn't sound good but he's confident he'll be back within a month. They lost their last 4 games. 3 of them they had a lead going into the 9th. Bullpen couldn't hold it. Gave up 4 to the Giants last night in the 9th. Seems without Jansen no lead is safe. Roberts is going to have to work some magic if he's going to find someone who can hold a lead in the 9th. So far it hasn't happened.

by PARAM
5 years 7 months ago
 Total posts:   12243  
Barbados   Just far enough North of Philadelphia
Hall of Fame

"It's not lip service," Roberts said. "Kenley is the best in the game. He's the best in the game. We have a lot of good arms, I feel, when you're talking about the sixth, seventh, eighth inning. I love our guys. I really do. They're going to continue to get opportunities, we're going to continue to get leads and now it's just up to us to just finish them."

LINK

Well he's gotta stand behind his guy, doesn't he?

• 59 / 82
816 posts Apr 19 2024