20 posts
  • 2 / 2
 by dieterbrock
6 years 5 months ago
 Total posts:   11512  
United States of America   New Jersey
Hall of Fame

Hacksaw wrote:National League Pennant belong to your Los Angeles Dodgers.

Game 7 in Houston. Go Asstros.

??
Astros?

by Hacksaw
6 years 5 months ago
 Total posts:   24523  
United States of America   AT THE BEACH

I believe the Yankees are a bigger challenge to the Dodgers. GO BLUE

by dieterbrock
6 years 5 months ago
 Total posts:   11512  
United States of America   New Jersey
Hall of Fame

Out like a lamb

by snackdaddy
6 years 5 months ago
 Total posts:   9631  
United States of America   Merced California
Hall of Fame

Good run for the Yankees. Took out a team that won 102 games. Got to a game 7 with a team than won 101. In the end their offense just couldn't get it done. They have some good young players. Should be back in the playoffs again. They just happened to face two teams that won over 100 games. Tough year for a wild card team to advance when the competition is so tough. Maybe they win the division next year and they can avoid expending pitchers with the one and done game. I was pulling for a Yankees/Dodgers series. NY vs LA is always a good story.

by Hacksaw
6 years 5 months ago
 Total posts:   24523  
United States of America   AT THE BEACH

dieterbrock wrote:Out like a lamb

Yeah, kind of rethinking what I said before.

by PARAM
6 years 5 months ago
 Total posts:   12185  
Barbados   Just far enough North of Philadelphia
Hall of Fame

snackdaddy wrote:Good run for the Yankees. Took out a team that won 102 games. Got to a game 7 with a team than won 101. In the end their offense just couldn't get it done. They have some good young players. Should be back in the playoffs again. They just happened to face two teams that won over 100 games. Tough year for a wild card team to advance when the competition is so tough. Maybe they win the division next year and they can avoid expending pitchers with the one and done game. I was pulling for a Yankees/Dodgers series. NY vs LA is always a good story.

Like I've said a couple of times already (and told my youngest daughter who in April always says "World Series this year") all I wanted was Judge, Sanchez, Bird, Didi and the rest to make the postseason and gain experience. It can only help in 2018. They surpassed my expectations completely, although once they went up 3-2 on Houston I increased my hopes for more. So sue me! :)

They will be better for this experience and supplemented with more talent from the farm in 2018. As far as health, which always matters, this team took a lot of hits and overcame them. Didi missed all of April. After a couple of weeks Sanchez missed the rest of April and early May...about a month. Bird was practically out all year. Hicks was on the DL twice. Castro was on the DL twice. And they didn't get Gray until late in the year.

My expectations for 2018 are much bigger than this year. I can only hope the Dodgers repeat because I love the history of those two in the fall classic. We owe you one but who's counting?

by snackdaddy
6 years 5 months ago
Hall of Fame

PARAM wrote:Like I've said a couple of times already (and told my youngest daughter who in April always says "World Series this year") all I wanted was Judge, Sanchez, Bird, Didi and the rest to make the postseason and gain experience. It can only help in 2018. They surpassed my expectations completely, although once they went up 3-2 on Houston I increased my hopes for more. So sue me! :)

They will be better for this experience and supplemented with more talent from the farm in 2018. As far as health, which always matters, this team took a lot of hits and overcame them. Didi missed all of April. After a couple of weeks Sanchez missed the rest of April and early May...about a month. Bird was practically out all year. Hicks was on the DL twice. Castro was on the DL twice. And they didn't get Gray until late in the year.

My expectations for 2018 are much bigger than this year. I can only hope the Dodgers repeat because I love the history of those two in the fall classic. We owe you one but who's counting?

I can still remember those games in 77 and 78. Dodgers lost to the A's in 74 too. I was starting to think they wouldn't win one but they finally broke through in 81. But I gotta admit the 88 series was the most satisfying. No one gave them a chance against the Mets. Then an even better team in the A's. That Gibson HR was the best memory I've ever had as a Dodger fan. That fandom goes way back the the late 60's.

I can still remember listening to Vin Scully call the night games when I was a kid. My town wasn't in the Dodger market but there was a SoCal radio station that I could pick up after dark. Didn't work with day games. I guess the night air allows radio waves to travel further. Me and my best friend would sit in the summer evenings in the yard listening to the games.

by PARAM
6 years 5 months ago
Hall of Fame

snackdaddy wrote:I can still remember those games in 77 and 78. Dodgers lost to the A's in 74 too. I was starting to think they wouldn't win one but they finally broke through in 81. But I gotta admit the 88 series was the most satisfying. No one gave them a chance against the Mets. Then an even better team in the A's. That Gibson HR was the best memory I've ever had as a Dodger fan. That fandom goes way back the the late 60's.

I can still remember listening to Vin Scully call the night games when I was a kid. My town wasn't in the Dodger market but there was a SoCal radio station that I could pick up after dark. Didn't work with day games. I guess the night air allows radio waves to travel further. Me and my best friend would sit in the summer evenings in the yard listening to the games.

Yes the 77, 78 and 81 series were classics. They just showed the 1981 season on MLB channel last night. Fernando!!! I remember hearing Lasorda miked up (after the series) flipping out on the umpires, talking to nobody in particular on his way to the mound. Tommy was a classic himself.

On the radio waves, it's the AM that travels far. I remember being at the drive in in eastern PA listening to the Yankees playing Detroit on Detroit radio, while my kids watched the movie. :D

Yeah my Yankee fandom started in 1963. I remember my mom letting me stay home from school to watch Game 5 in 1964. Damn Ken Boyer!!! I suffered a couple of long droughts from 65-75 and then again from 82-94. But I always watched the World Series. This last one wasn't anything to sneeze at 2010-2016.

by snackdaddy
6 years 5 months ago
Hall of Fame

PARAM wrote:Yes the 77, 78 and 81 series were classics. They just showed the 1981 season on MLB channel last night. Fernando!!! I remember hearing Lasorda miked up (after the series) flipping out on the umpires, talking to nobody in particular on his way to the mound. Tommy was a classic himself.

On the radio waves, it's the AM that travels far. I remember being at the drive in in eastern PA listening to the Yankees playing Detroit on Detroit radio, while my kids watched the movie. :D

Yeah my Yankee fandom started in 1963. I remember my mom letting me stay home from school to watch Game 5 in 1964. Damn Ken Boyer!!! I suffered a couple of long droughts from 65-75 and then again from 82-94. But I always watched the World Series. This last one wasn't anything to sneeze at 2010-2016.

I played men's fast pitch softball for 30 years before I finally hung it up 3 years ago. I was a pitcher. I only wore one number throughout those 30 years. It was 34. Fernando's number. And he was the reason for that number. My favorite player for several years back then. Hershisher was a favorite and now Kershaw. But that number 34 would never be changed.

by PARAM
6 years 5 months ago
Hall of Fame

snackdaddy wrote:I played men's fast pitch softball for 30 years before I finally hung it up 3 years ago. I was a pitcher. I only wore one number throughout those 30 years. It was 34. Fernando's number. And he was the reason for that number. My favorite player for several years back then. Hershisher was a favorite and now Kershaw. But that number 34 would never be changed.

I am a Yankee fan but playing ball (high school, legion and college then later softball) I always wore #24. Willie Mays. I was a centerfielder and he was the best I ever saw. :shock:

• 2 / 2
20 posts Mar 28 2024