7 years 5 months ago
 Total posts:   11512  
United States of America   New Jersey
Hall of Fame

Series tied at 2. Interesting
At this point, I will be happy for any of the 3 teams in it
The Dodgers, because BeerBelly was such a huge fan
Chicago, because if they can win, anyone can
Cleveland, because Jake Taylor deserves a ring after all these years and that Vaughn is something else...

by snackdaddy
7 years 5 months ago
 Total posts:   9657  
United States of America   Merced California
Hall of Fame

Chicago one game from breaking the curse. Figures it would be the Dodgers who would be part of it. I guess when you're the underdog you want to it to go to a game 7. Anything can happen in game 7's. Kershaw hasn't done well in these elimination games before. But maybe that last game he pitched will give him more confidence.

I was hoping the Dodgers could win two out of 3 at home. But any pitcher not named Kershaw/Jansen/Hill is iffy. Maeda hung in there better than I thought. But the offense couldn't muster anything for him. We have this weekend to see if that curse is real. And we have our two best pitchers going. If we can't win it wasn't meant to be.

by Hacksaw
7 years 5 months ago
 Total posts:   24523  
United States of America   AT THE BEACH

They didn't win over 100 games by being bad. The Dodgers are in for some tough sledding in the Big Ap tonight.

Their rotation was messed up from the start in a way. CK (not Case Keenum) pitching that last inning in Wash put him @ 2. No way to squeeze a 3rd game/few innings out of him. I would have loved to see him in game 5.

They play the games for a reason and we don't flap on the road. Fingers crossed.

GO DODGERS !!

by Hacksaw
7 years 5 months ago

Is the curse not getting into the World Series or winning it? I think they got there since the early 1,900 's..

Chicago Cubs
Major league titles
World Series titles (2) 1907 1908
National League Pennants (16) 1876, 1880, 1881, 1882, 1885, 1886, 1906, 1907, 1908, 1910, 1918, 1929, 1932, 1935, 1938, 1945..

70 years is still a really long time.

by snackdaddy
7 years 5 months ago
Hall of Fame

Its starting to look like the curse will be broken. 3 runs off Kershaw in the first two innings. He's had a history of not doing well in these elimination games. Looks like his playoff woes are still an issue. If you can't win with your ace there's not much you can do but tip your cap to the Cubs and congratulate them.

All in all we shouldn't be too disappointed. They overachieved this year. I never expected them to be tied with the Cubs at 2-2 in a NLCS match. Heck, I didn't expect them to make it this far. I think Roberts should be manager of the year.

by Hacksaw
7 years 5 months ago

I like Dave Roberts too. Dodgers need more pitching.

by 69superbowl
7 years 5 months ago
 Total posts:   477  
Malaysia   San Jose
Starter

Three sharp kicks to the nutz and bye-bye baseball. The injury sitch can't be as ridiculous next year, and it is obvious that they are close enough to a WS to spend even more heaps of quasi-Magic Johnson dollars. I'm looking forward to next season already. Kinda like the Rams.

by snackdaddy
7 years 5 months ago
Hall of Fame

Yeah, the Dodgers gave us some thrills into mid October. Can't be too disappointed with that. The Rams are into their typical slide in October.

by Rams Dominate
7 years 5 months ago
 Total posts:   240  
Ireland   Monterey Peninsula
Rookie

I've been saying since the playoffs started that Puig should be playing in Rf instead of Riddell, 1st game in Chicago dbl to right that bounces into the stands, ground rule dbl., Puig catches that, his speed & instincts & arm are unparalled in MLB, next guy up, fly ball to left that bounces out of Lotes glove like it hit a brick wall, runner scores, Ethier a proven veteran shoulda been in left, he catches that ball & no runs shoulda scored, that's the 2 moves Roberts made I disagreed with & the Cubs got momentum going right of the bat while we were off balance right off the bat the rest of the game...
I just don't understand Roberts not playing Puig who's clearly our best outfielder & whos been hitting over .300 since he was called up following his demotion to the minors...
Its not sour grapes but Dave Roberts was voted "Manager of the Year" by Sporting News & Corey Seager "Rookie of the Year", congrats, well deserved...

by OldSchool
7 years 5 months ago
 Total posts:   1750  
United States of America   LA Coliseum
Pro Bowl

Look for two trades in the off-season. They'll finally finished the Puig, and prospect for Braun trade, maybe throw in one of our over priced veterans if we don't want to eat all of the salary. The other is trade for J. D. Martinez and sign him to a 3 year deal. Now we have two rights bats in the OFFICE along with Joc and our lineup isn't vulnerable like it was this year to lefties.

A free agent signing I'm personally pulling for is Sean Rodriguez. He's only 31 and will be very cheap for the production his righey bat can produce. He'd be a great platoon with Utley if we bring him back plus he fits the Friedman mold. He can play the whole infield and the OF. Basically he's Kike` Hernandez but can actually hit.

Just my thoughts a week after the season ended. Subject to change.

• 42 / 82
816 posts Apr 19 2024