4 posts
  • 1 / 1
 by Elvis
8 years 9 months ago
 Total posts:   38381  
United States of America   Los Angeles
Administrator

http://www.insidestl.com/insideSTLcom/S ... uture.aspx

Are you concerned with Stan Kroenke remaining owner of the St. Louis Rams?

"Look, we're an NFL city. We have a lot of private money. We've got the strength to do this. Our goal is to be an NFL city and not get overtly involved with personalizing this. Instead work directly with the NFL to stay in that very special group of 32 NFL cities."

http://www.bizjournals.com/stlouis/news ... rrect.html

Separately, Nixon told the Business Journal he has not spoken with St. Louis Rams owner Stan Kroenke in a year and a half, though Nixon has been in continual contact with other Rams officials.

by moklerman
8 years 9 months ago
 Total posts:   7680  
United States of America   Bakersfield, CA
Hall of Fame

Who's "we"? Who are all of these private individuals ready to buy the Rams out from under Kroenke? As much as I think St. Louis can be a viable NFL city, all of this...from the start, has been one big circle jerk. As far as I know, they've never actually had any significant money behind all of these public proclamations and plans. In particular, Nixon's coming to the end of his term and has nothing on the line. For all I can tell, he's just setting up his post political career in Missouri. Talking a big game and making a lot of noise, but none of it really has substance, does it?

by Hacksaw
8 years 9 months ago
 Total posts:   24523  
United States of America   AT THE BEACH

You would think that it would be advertised in bold print if s major sponsors bought in there, or show a goal meter or something besides just " We will keep STL an NFL city". Ambiguous much? Unfortunately for them they are either held up in a law suit or the tough sell when the owner has made it clear to everyone with an IQ over 40 that he is leaving StL.

And regarding the noise, isn't that what the StL guys think those 7 senators are doing?

by bubbaramfan
8 years 9 months ago
 Total posts:   1117  
United States of America   Carson Landfill
Pro Bowl

So far they haven't raised a dime of corporate or private money. You can bet that if they did, they would be shouting it all over the air-waves. the only thing I've head in they way of financing is the bonds, and that's looking pretty shakey. With the lawsuits looming, and most likely getting tied up in court, (already one delay that I know of), time is running out for Nixon, peacock and co.

• 1 / 1
4 posts Mar 28 2024