5 posts
  • 1 / 1
 by max
8 years 9 months ago
 Total posts:   5579  
United States of America   Sarasota, FL
Hall of Fame

I'm guessing that most of you are aware of Fred Roggin, a sports radio guy in LA on the Beast980. He is expected to respond to this email he received from an LA Rams fan on his show today. Should be a fun listen.

Hey Fred,

Here's what I don't understand. St. Louis promised the Rams a top tier stadium at no cost to them. They failed to meet that requirement and the lease is now year to year. I get that.

Now, St. Louis is offering to build a stadium that definitely won't be top 8 (probably not top 16 either for under a billion) and requires quite a lot from the team in up front money, G4 (which the team has to repay), and PSLs (which would ordinarily be pocketed by the owners.)

By the figures I've seen, this total amounts to nearly 60% of the cost of the stadium. Under circumstances like these, how can St. Louis even hope to use the "good faith negotiation" clause of the league bylaws to force the Rams to stay? The city itself is obviously not showing good faith as far as I can see.

Thanks for the great reporting,
Dave

Got this reply from his producer today:

Hi Dave,

This is a very insightful e-mail and one that we will be reading and responding to on Monday's show.

All the best,

Adam Hawk

Producer – The Fred Roggin Show

by Hacksaw
8 years 9 months ago
 Total posts:   24523  
United States of America   AT THE BEACH

Elvis wrote:Excellent. Let us know how it goes...

Ditto that..

by den-the-coach
8 years 9 months ago
 Total posts:   870  
United States of America   Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Veteran

Max has been fighting the good fight on The Herd...Keep it up Max and keep the good news coming!

by Hacksaw
8 years 9 months ago
 Total posts:   24523  
United States of America   AT THE BEACH

den-the-coach wrote:Max has been fighting the good fight on The Herd...Keep it up Max and keep the good news coming!

Ditto that too. I didn't put 2 and 2 together. Welcome Max. I've been following your posts at the Herd.
They won't let me sign up for some reason so I've been a silent supporter of yours. Some dude name Hacksaw must have gotten rolled there.

• 1 / 1
5 posts Mar 29 2024