12 posts
  • 1 / 2
 by ramsfan1977
8 years 4 months ago
 Total posts:   1319  
United States of America   New Jersey
Pro Bowl

He will take the LA market by storm. Dickerson, Bettis and now Gurley!

by Hacksaw
8 years 4 months ago
 Total posts:   24523  
United States of America   AT THE BEACH

Agreed but not Kobe.

Love Bryant most of his career, but this last 3 or 4 years of his killing the cap from the bench or the surgeons table has me a bit put off on him. He needed to take off the Keds and go into his next phase of life..

Now Dickerson, Bettis, Matson, Bass, McCutcheon,, well that sounds about right.

BTW Welcome to RFU ramsfan1977. Great to have you here!

by ramsfan1977
8 years 4 months ago
 Total posts:   1319  
United States of America   New Jersey
Pro Bowl

McCutcheon was my first jersey number 30 back in the 70's. With all due respect he was not in the Class of Dickerson and even though it is early I have to say Gurley. :D

by Stranger
8 years 4 months ago
 Total posts:   3213  
United States of America   Norcal
Superstar

ramsfan1977 wrote:He will take the LA market by storm. Dickerson, Bettis and now Gurley!

I see Gurley as more like a young Magic, when he was still naive and before he became a savvy business guy all out for himself. I really like Gurley's personality, and believe he's going to remain humble even as he crushes every record there is, except for perhaps ED's single season rushing record.

by Hacksaw
8 years 4 months ago

Stranger wrote:
ramsfan1977 wrote:He will take the LA market by storm. Dickerson, Bettis and now Gurley!

I see Gurley as more like a young Magic, when he was still naive and before he became a savvy business guy all out for himself. I really like Gurley's personality, and believe he's going to remain humble even as he crushes every record there is, except for perhaps ED's single season rushing record.

i doubt he'll get the Rookie record too since he has missed games. Remember Dickerson gaining 200 yds seemingly on a regular basis? Dude was a stud, so I have to agree with your comment about LMc not in the same class. No one is/was.

BTW, Stranger, your Magic reference is cool. I have seen most every great Lakers, Ram and Dodger play in their first games and Gurley gave me that "Oh brother who's this guy" goose bumps just like Magic, Shaq, and ED...

Trivia question....
Who is the 1st Rams player to throw a touchdown pass in a Superbowl?

by Stranger
8 years 4 months ago
 Total posts:   3213  
United States of America   Norcal
Superstar

Hacksaw wrote:
Stranger wrote:
ramsfan1977 wrote:Trivia question....
Who is the 1st Rams player to throw a touchdown pass in a Superbowl?

Larry was. And I was there to witness it!

by max
8 years 4 months ago
 Total posts:   5579  
United States of America   Sarasota, FL
Hall of Fame

When they move to LA, they'd better put Faulk in the Ring of Honor.

by Hacksaw
8 years 4 months ago

Stranger wrote:
Hacksaw wrote:
Stranger wrote:

Larry was. And I was there to witness it!

Awesome Strange. I was watching on a 15 foot projection screen in the OC getting drunk on 151 and Cokes. Me and a bunch of my Rambro's got the orchestra pit (my ex GF was manager) and rocked the place. However after the unfortunate end of the game we decided to go play drunk football in an asphalt parking lot full of cars. the cars won that matchup. lol

by Hacksaw
8 years 4 months ago

max wrote:When they move to LA, they'd better put Faulk in the Ring of Honor.

Marshall, Warner, Holt, Bruce, Pace, Jackson(?) will replace Dierdorf, and some of the other StL players of yesteryear. That part will frost the StL'ers like seeing Deacons retired jersey hanging in the rafters?

• 1 / 2
12 posts Mar 28 2024