58 posts
  • 6 / 6
 by AltiTude Ram
5 years 7 months ago
 Total posts:   2167  
United States of America   Denver
Pro Bowl

St. Loser Fan wrote:When are the Las Vegas Raiders coming to Inglewood for a regular season game?

Sometime in 2022. Rotates every 4 years. This year we're in Oakland and 2026 the Rams will play in Vegas.

by Zen_Ronin
5 years 7 months ago
 Total posts:   2036  
Canada   Edmonton, AB
Pro Bowl

SteakandEggs wrote:I know it's a meaningless preseason game, but still bummed more Rams fans didn't attend and let the Raider fans take over our stadium.

It didn't feel like that on the broadcast, at least it didn't to me. Sure it seemed like the Raiders had a ton of support, but that's to be expected and they're just one of those teams that travels incredibly well where ever they go. But on tv it seemed pretty close to a 50/50 split as far as crowd noise, and the stands looked like a good mix of blue/yellow and black/silver with a healthy dose of red empty seats.

by 69RamFan
5 years 7 months ago
 Total posts:   3164  
United States of America   LA CA by way of NY/NJ
Superstar

Zen_Ronin wrote:It didn't feel like that on the broadcast, at least it didn't to me. Sure it seemed like the Raiders had a ton of support, but that's to be expected and they're just one of those teams that travels incredibly well where ever they go. But on tv it seemed pretty close to a 50/50 split as far as crowd noise, and the stands looked like a good mix of blue/yellow and black/silver with a healthy dose of red empty seats.

There are still plenty of Raider fans in the L.A. Market area...
But once the RAMs win it all,,, all of those younger generation will gravitate towards the RAMs and the Raiders will start to fizzle away as time goes by...

by Turtle
5 years 7 months ago
 Total posts:   123  
United States of America   LA Coliseum
Practice Squad

Zen_Ronin wrote:It didn't feel like that on the broadcast, at least it didn't to me. Sure it seemed like the Raiders had a ton of support, but that's to be expected and they're just one of those teams that travels incredibly well where ever they go. But on tv it seemed pretty close to a 50/50 split as far as crowd noise, and the stands looked like a good mix of blue/yellow and black/silver with a healthy dose of red empty seats.

I thought is was louder for the Rams side more around 65-45 maybe close to 70-30....but it's hard to tell and add that I'm biased so I think the cheering is for the Rams even if in reality it wasn't.

There were some empty seats but I remember the announcers talking about attendance and I seem to remember them saying something about 65K + in attendance so for a preseason game that seems like a solid showing.

by SteakandEggs
5 years 7 months ago
 Total posts:   133  
United States of America   Long Beach
Practice Squad

Yeah maybe it appeared different on the TV broadcast, but in the parking lots and around my section it felt like I was outnumbered 10-1.

The tailgating in Lot 6 was insane. Apparently some Raider fan group had organized a party whereby you pay like $60 for food and all you can drink alcohol - literally hundreds of people showed up for it! CHP eventually came and shut it down.

I'm actually surprised I didn't see any fights in the parking lot. Every Rams fan that walked by was jeered mightily by the Raiders fans.

by rams74
5 years 7 months ago
 Total posts:   1460  
Italy   Glendale, Arizona
Pro Bowl

St. Loser Fan wrote:A halfway competent owner of the Raiders could have gotten the Carson deal done or pushed the Chargers out of Inglewood.

Seems to me that was all about the money. I don't care how competent (or not) the Raiders' owner was, he just didn't have the money to get the Carson deal done. He didn't have the money to get a new stadium done in Oakland, or he would have done it there. He needed massive financial help to fund a stadium, and he was lucky to find Las Vegas ready and willing to pay.

Isn't Davis' sole source of income the Raiders? Competent or not, he can't hope to stand up to Kroenke's money doing that.

by BobCarl
5 years 7 months ago
 Total posts:   4283  
United States of America   LA Coliseum
Superstar

rams74 wrote: I don't care how competent (or not) the Raiders' owner was, he just didn't have the money ...
Mark Davis has more money than you or I do.

But Mark is lucky to have any money at all, the money he does have came from his father, who was a con man.

by St. Loser Fan
5 years 7 months ago
 Total posts:   10508  
United States of America   Saint Louis MO
Hall of Fame

Took 48 hours for this to show up.

Fights, at a pre season game? Way to go Raider Fan. Stay classy.

• 6 / 6
58 posts Mar 28 2024