11 posts
  • 1 / 2
 by Elvis
5 years 7 months ago
 Total posts:   38376  
United States of America   Los Angeles
Administrator

From bubba:

Good day of practice. Mid 80's, not a very large crowd. Everyone in full pads, Longacre with LB's limited participation. Barron and Easley on sidelines. Did not see Justin Davis on field.

Got LB's in front of me. Joe Barry and his assistants had them doing strip drills, then tipped ball drill and return setup. Ryan Davis was with the LB's. F-Meyers with the DE/DL. Hard to say any one player stood out in these drills.

McVay then did something I have not seen in camp until now. 2 minute drills with the whole team participating. No other drills going on. Players either participating or watching on the sideline. 1st team O vs 1st team D, then 2nd team D vs 2nd team O. This went real fast, no huddle,

1st team O- Whit, Saffold, Sully, Brown, Hav. Goff, Gurley(Brown), Woods Cook Kupp (Cooper couple snaps with ones). D--Suh, Brockers, Westbrooks DT, Myers, Ebukam DE Littleton, Wilson ILB, Talib Peters, Johnson III Joyner.

1st series--Goff to Cooks over middle for 7, Woods end around for 5, Talib int of Goff for pick six.

Quick sub 2nd teams O- Noteboom LT, Demby LG, Allen C, Blythe RG, DWilliams RT. (this would be switched around), the only guy that played the same position with the 2's was Allen. Blythe got snaps at C later in Red Zone and 11 on 11 drills.

1st series 2's on 2's 2min-- Mannion to Cooper,25yd TD Next series- Mannion to JoJo Natson for 11, Manion to Kelly out of the backfield for 8. Greg short FG.

Couple more series by both that had a lot of dropped passes and a couple sacks. Gurley, Brown and Kelly were often targeted on screens. Not many went to Higbee or Hemmingway in this drill. (Hemmingway had a bad day, dropped 5 or 6 that I saw during the whole practice)

After giving up early TD's, defense won this drill,1's and 2's. 2's did give up couple sacks.

Franklin-Meyers stood out. 2 sacks. Guy is quick and strong. Playing with the 1's.

Red Zone drills now. Same as 2min drill, all players either involved or waiting on sideline to get involved.

1st team 3 plays and Zurilin FG. 2nd team Mannion to JoJo Natson again for TD This series Lucas at LT, DWilliams at RT, Demby RG, Allen C, Neary LG.

2nd series Goff to Kupp for 10, Goff int by Christian. (Christian almost had another on later)

2nd team Mannion to Hemmingway, Mannion to cooper, FG Zurlien

McVay then has the 1st vs 1st drill getting out deep in own end . Had the ball spotted on their own 2 or 3 yd line then hand of to Gurley with OL big epush into DL. This drill was the most physical I've seen all camp. You could hear the pad contact and hear the guys grunting. Both 1's and 2's di several series.

Next drill was punting from own endzone. Hekker crowded to the back of the endzone. Cooper back as PR. 1st play he barely gets it off, 2nd he hits one 60+, Cooper had to backpedal his ass off.

Pretty much it for the last full pads practice.

Other tidbits I saw today: Suh batted a couple Goff passed down. Hemmingway with 2 catches over the middle from Mannion. But he also dropped some easy catches. Marquis Christian wa all over the field today a pick six, and broke up couple passes. Mannion putting the ball on the money.

Another odd thing today. McVay took the whole team off the field for a 15 minute break. Never did that before.

Well there it is. I tried to take notes seeing how this practice will be the last the public will be able to see. Tomorrow is an early walk through in shells.

I'll be there.

by bubbaramfan
5 years 7 months ago
 Total posts:   1117  
United States of America   Carson Landfill
Pro Bowl

It was a really good TC. Remember, after the Raider game they go to Cal Lutheran where they will really get into it.

by 69RamFan
5 years 7 months ago
 Total posts:   3164  
United States of America   LA CA by way of NY/NJ
Superstar

Great info Bubba,,,

Sounds like McVay wanted a tough and very good practice today from the one's so he could rest his starters for Sat against the Raiders, and just evaluate the backups, 3rd and 4th stringers.....

I'm hoping that Everett is ready to play by opening day, cause I have no faith in "Hands of Stone Hemingway"..

by Hacksaw
5 years 7 months ago
 Total posts:   24523  
United States of America   AT THE BEACH

Great stuff bubba. The Rams are home and I'm not so this helps us out of temporary-towners.

Great defense is challenging our great offense. which side might crack 1st...?

by phoenixrising
5 years 7 months ago
 Total posts:   816  
United States of America   Arroyo Grande, CA
Veteran

Thanks for all your work, Bubba!
I'm a bit embarressed for having such high hopes for Hemmingway.

by Flash
5 years 7 months ago
 Total posts:   1203  
United States of America   Houston
Pro Bowl

phoenixrising wrote:Thanks for all your work, Bubba!
I'm a bit embarressed for having such high hopes for Hemmingway.

I think a lot of us saw what you did and had higher expectations for him than what may prove to be true.

by bubbaramfan
5 years 7 months ago
 Total posts:   1117  
United States of America   Carson Landfill
Pro Bowl

No need to give up hope on Hemmingway. He's young and basicly a rookie. 3 pre season games and I'm sure he'll get plenty of targets. He's reall y getting good at blocking, so that a plus.

by AvengerRam
5 years 7 months ago
 Total posts:   8686  
Israel   Lake Mary, Florida
Hall of Fame

phoenixrising wrote:I'm a bit embarressed for having such high hopes for Hemmingway.

No need to be embarrassed. Your hope was earnest.

(See what I did there? ;) )

by phoenixrising
5 years 7 months ago
 Total posts:   816  
United States of America   Arroyo Grande, CA
Veteran

AvengerRam wrote:No need to be embarrassed. Your hope was earnest.

(See what I did there? ;) )

Who knew he had hands like Ernest?

• 1 / 2
11 posts Mar 28 2024