9 posts
  • 1 / 1
 by BobCarl
5 years 8 months ago
 Total posts:   4296  
United States of America   LA Coliseum
Superstar

August 24, 2018
Fly On The Wall wrote:Not really any updates per say but more of clarifications w/ what's being posted by the supposed beat writers of the bay area.

* Reports team & Mack haven't spoken are completely false & they HAVE been working on a deal. 1 report even stated the team & Mack are on a hang up over gtd $$, same sources also reported team & Mack haven't spoken on a deal. So, which is it? Gtd $$ seems to be the sticking point now. Progress has been made so we'll see where it goes. It's times like this I wish I had the job as a Raider beat writer bc all but 1 or 2 seem to be jokes. Constantly rewording or rehashing the same topics or some beat down in moms basement posting the same damn poll only to reword on who is @ fault over the contract.

* As mentioned, team HAVE taken calls in regards to trading KM but they have dismissed those calls w/ a no as well.

* Obi - hopefully I won't be hammered by this. The reasoning I was told is kinda in a gray area on if I could say anything or not but they cut him due to his hip. Team is unsure if he would be able to continue his playing career. Thus, why they did not place him on IR.

BobCarl says: Not sure if the following is true, but this guy sounds like he knows what he is talking about:
NFL agent wrote:A player that is NOT a vested veteran goes through the waiver wire. The common mistake is focusing on the "waived" part of the transaction and ignoring the "injured" part. Before explaining what waived/injured means, it's important to understand the difference between waiving a player and releasing a player.

When a non-vested player (someone with less than four years of experience) gets cut, he is subjected to waivers, which gives every team 24 hours to claim him. The player becomes a free agent if he is not claimed on waivers. When a vested veteran is cut (released) in the preseason, he can immediately sign with any team.

In regards to injuries, vested veterans can be put directly on injured reserve without being exposed to waivers. But up until rosters are cut down from 90 to 53 players on Sept. 2, injured non-vested players must be placed on waivers through the waived/injured designation before being placed on injured reserve.

This measure prevents teams from stashing young players on injured reserve. Once a waived/injured player clears waivers, he reverts to the team's IR

Below is from August 13

Fly-On-The-Wall wrote:Nothing to earth shattering but just wanted to point out some rumblings I was told that might happen not concrete.

* I realize 1 preseason gm in the books but those that have watched should have noticed a somewhat improved version of C.Cook. He'll likely be the #2 if he continues the way he's playing. I bring this up bc this coaching staff SHOULD hopefully bring things together by far closer. I had mentioned last year the previous staff never really gave much thought towards the #2 QB & the #3 was just an after thought. It shows clearly, the team is working w/ all 3 levels regardless.

* Look for some possible trades as preseason comes to close, not necessarily to acquire but to ship out. Nothing concrete but a possibility.. Seth Roberts,Donald Penn & a lesser tiered guy.

* Mack will be on the field come week 1. There's rumblings he could report @ some time this week & the team IS working towards a new deal BOTH sides can be happy with. As for trades, what team doesn't listen to ANY offer for any player. That would be complete craziness if a GM or Gruden or whomever wouldn't listen. The team never had any FULL intentions of moving Mack unless they got some bat ass crazy deal NO team would turn away.The only way & I mean only way Mack is not on the field come wk 1 or sooner would be bc his agent is asking on ridiculous demands or amount. The other way due to old school ways would be Jon getting in the way of Jon. I highly doubt this would really even take place.He's stubborn on things but not stupid.

* S.Roberts Likely talking like a 5th,6th or a 7th with the hopes of the pick moving up a round IF he made final 53 or played certain % of snaps, etc clause He could just be a cap casualty come final 53. Not to mention he was held out of the 1st PS gm so who knows.

by BobCarl
5 years 7 months ago
Superstar

August 31, 2018

Tom-Sawyer wrote:Sources ... are reporting that they expect the Raiders and Mack to have deal in place by Week 1. Don’t believe all the trade rumors, this deal will get done. We expect an extension to include around $90 million in guarantees and the contract to be 5 or 6 years.

the guy reporting this is one of five great insiders that I have relied on over the past 15 years. This guy could be named Tom Sawyer ... just have to be careful with him and realize that he sometimes hypes headlines without actual substance. And for you sleuths, the resemblance between his real name and my moniker are purely coincidental.

Nevertheless, sometimes he nails it, and publishes info a day or seven before the general media does.

This guy started a discussion board similar to RRF, and was eventually given a pass to take photos from the sidelines at home games.... now he has spent the last 3 years working for NFL Films.

I hope the "reporter" is correct this time ... I'd hate to hear crybabies saying that the Raiders lost because Mack wasn't signed.

by R4L
5 years 7 months ago
 Total posts:   1301  
United States of America   Dayton, Ohio
Pro Bowl

RamsFanSince82 wrote:https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1035708937113403399?s=17

I live in Ohio and I'm hearing the browns are making a big push for him. Fwiw

by RamsFanSince82
5 years 7 months ago
 Total posts:   5851  
United States of America   So. Cal.
Hall of Fame

R4L wrote:I live in Ohio and I'm hearing the browns are making a big push for him. Fwiw

Denzel Ward and a second sounds like a fair trade.

by BobCarl
5 years 7 months ago
Superstar

Whatever "Tom Sawyer" overheard about the $90 mill was right on ... he claims that things turned to "trade" sometime after he reported this info. I don't think "Tom" will ever divulge how it really went down between his sources and the truth.

There are a LOT of pizzed off Raider fans ... and a lot of Happy Raider fans, the happy fans got happier when they heard the actual terms that the Bears are giving him.

by HighRoller
5 years 7 months ago
 Total posts:   291  
Rookie

BobCarl wrote:Whatever "Tom Sawyer" overheard about the $90 mill was right on ... he claims that things turned to "trade" sometime after he reported this info. I don't think "Tom" will ever divulge how it really went down between his sources and the truth.

There are a LOT of pizzed off Raider fans ... and a lot of Happy Raider fans, the happy fans got happier when they heard the actual terms that the Bears are giving him.

The draft lottery crap shoot.

Those picks by a competent GM will be largely used in free agency.

• 1 / 1
9 posts Apr 18 2024