14 posts
  • 2 / 2
 by aeneas1
5 years 7 months ago
 Total posts:   16894  
United States of America   Norcal
Hall of Fame

TomSlick wrote:RAM stickers on a car...Try that here in the Bay Area and some knucklehead would probably key your car.

took my son to a raiders game many moons ago (free tickets), the broncos were in town, a nice looking family with two young kids piled out of the suv parked next to us, they were clad in broncos gear, their suv boasted a couple of broncos bumper stickers...after the game my son and i heard a scream as we approached our car, the wife from the family parked next to us was hysterical, sobbing, so was one of their young kids, their suv had been beaten to smithereens, windshields bashed in, dents all over, looked like several baseball bats had been used... it was such a violent looking scene, such an ugly image, my son, young at the time, was clearly rattled too, most raiders fans that filed just laughed... it was the last nfl game i took my to son to until he was much older.

by ramsman34
5 years 7 months ago
 Total posts:   8463  
United States of America   Back in LA baby!

Elvis wrote:@ramsman34

Nope, lol. Still have the Camaro with CA Rams plates. It's taken a beating up here though. These roads and drivers absolutely suck. Worst I have ever driven on and around.

The "12" should all ride the bus an stay off the damn roads. :lol2:

by RamsFanSince82
5 years 7 months ago
 Total posts:   5851  
United States of America   So. Cal.
Hall of Fame

Maybe it's Hekker's truck.

by TomSlick
5 years 7 months ago
 Total posts:   2907  
Italy   Many of us know the feeling of the universe conspiring to bring car and driver together.
Superstar

aeneas1 wrote:took my son to a raiders game many moons ago (free tickets), the broncos were in town, a nice looking family with two young kids piled out of the suv parked next to us, they were clad in broncos gear, their suv boasted a couple of broncos bumper stickers...after the game my son and i heard a scream as we approached our car, the wife from the family parked next to us was hysterical, sobbing, so was one of their young kids, their suv had been beaten to smithereens, windshields bashed in, dents all over, looked like several baseball bats had been used... it was such a violent looking scene, such an ugly image, my son, young at the time, was clearly rattled too, most raiders fans that filed just laughed... it was the last nfl game i took my to son to until he was much older.

Long ago my Dad was a 49er season ticket holder (Dad was a Niner fan). I'd go with him to all the games and root against the Niners, unless it was to the RAMS advantage for the Niners to win the game. As the years rolled by, Dad decided that the average 49er fan in attendance was a moron with low IQ. He found it disturbing that anyone rooting for the opposition would be threatened with beer drubbings and verbal abuse. After many years, he was no longer a season ticketholder, though continued to be a 49er fan.

On the other side, from the time I was 5 years old, Dad would take all the kids in the neighborhood to Stanford football games and we'd sit in the endzone for a buck each. We continued to go to Stanford games until my early 20s. The crowd vibe was completely different...no arse-holes, no rude behavior, no threats, etc. To the contrary, you could kid around with opposition fans and it was all in good fun.

• 2 / 2
14 posts Mar 28 2024