5 posts
  • 1 / 1
 by aeneas1
5 years 8 months ago
 Total posts:   16894  
United States of America   Norcal
Hall of Fame

here's a look at qb hits and hurries for each team's front 7 (dbs aren't included) that i culled from football outsider's 2018 almanac - i also included how each team fared in qb rating allowed and offensive points allowed in attempt to see if there was a strong correlation... hits are defined as knocking the qb down while he's in the process of throwing a pass, or after he has thrown a pass, while hurries are pretty self-explanatory... the counts for these two categories include plays that were erased due to penalties:

first batch - hits and hurries as a % of pass attempts ( rankings):

VirtualBox_2018-08-11_06-57-24.png

second batch - actual counts for hits and hurries:

VirtualBox_2018-08-11_07-06-07.png

by Elmgrovegnome
5 years 8 months ago
 Total posts:   624  
United States of America   LA Coliseum
Veteran

Miami was pretty high on the list. A large portion of that credit is due to Suh's presence on their line. Adding him to the Rams should propel the to the top.

by snackdaddy
5 years 8 months ago
 Total posts:   9656  
United States of America   Merced California
Hall of Fame

Elmgrovegnome wrote:Miami was pretty high on the list. A large portion of that credit is due to Suh's presence on their line. Adding him to the Rams should propel the to the top.

I'm dreaming of a Donald/Suh/Brockers front line. If we can get Donald to return those guys are going to make life tough for opposing QB's who will have to hurry throws into the teeth of that secondary.

Is there a better overall secondary? Peters/Talib/NRC/Joyner/Johnson. Not to mention depth with Sam Shields.

by aeneas1
5 years 8 months ago
 Total posts:   16894  
United States of America   Norcal
Hall of Fame

here's the same info as above but broken down into 3-4 defenses (black text) and 4-3 defenses (blue text)... interestingly 4-3 defenses averaged more hits and hurries overall than 3-4 defenses last year, while 3-4 defenses averaged more hits and hurries from their interior defensive linemen... of course this might have to do with the fact that 3-4 defenses field 3 interior linemen while 4-3 defenses field 2.

VirtualBox_2018-08-12_19-26-48.png

by Elmgrovegnome
5 years 8 months ago
 Total posts:   624  
United States of America   LA Coliseum
Veteran

snackdaddy wrote:I'm dreaming of a Donald/Suh/Brockers front line. If we can get Donald to return those guys are going to make life tough for opposing QB's who will have to hurry throws into the teeth of that secondary.

Is there a better overall secondary? Peters/Talib/NRC/Joyner/Johnson. Not to mention depth with Sam Shields.

I don't think there are any better but some of the writers out there think there are a few. Jacksonville is one that may be. They have younger legs but lack the veteran savvy. I am totally fine with what the Rams have. If they can get AD back in the fold, the QB pressure would make any secretary's job so much easier., Talib, Peters, JJ, and Joyner should have easy pickings.

• 1 / 1
5 posts Apr 16 2024