18 posts
  • 2 / 2
 by aeneas1
5 years 8 months ago
 Total posts:   16894  
United States of America   Norcal
Hall of Fame

phoenixrising wrote:Maybe I'll join ya. On second thought, too many 49er fans will be there.

actually when i went to see the rams/niners season opener in 2016, i was blown away by the huge number of rams fans at the game, almost all clad loudly and proudly in rams gear, it was impressive as hell.

by sloramfan
5 years 8 months ago
 Total posts:   1581  
United States of America   cen coast cal
Pro Bowl

i was at that game too...lots of proud LA ramfans... it was cool..

then..

28-0 niners..

followed by the false hope, with the 3 game win streak, and from buffalo on, it was a nightmare...

that was a brutal season, but then, lightning struck..

go rams

slo

by aeneas1
5 years 8 months ago
 Total posts:   16894  
United States of America   Norcal
Hall of Fame

sloramfan wrote:i was at that game too...lots of proud LA ramfans... it was cool..

then..

28-0 niners..

followed by the false hope, with the 3 game win streak, and from buffalo on, it was a nightmare...

that was a brutal season, but then, lightning struck..

go rams

slo

fisher in his 5th year with the rams vs the newly arrived chip kelly who hadn't finished unpacking... the rams, proud owners of the first overall pick, goff, at their disposal (who they couldn't get ready to start the season) and reigning oroy gurley, the niners with career 11-34, 71.5 qb rating gabbert under center... the rams with all-world donald on defense, the niners coming off a 24th ranking in offensive points allowed... and then a complete and total ass kicking, 0-28... fisher should have been fired after that game.

by AltiTude Ram
5 years 8 months ago
 Total posts:   2179  
United States of America   Denver
Pro Bowl

Turtle wrote:I don't like the 49ers (putting it nicely) and wouldn't have minded if the Rams had played their regulars and crushed them, especially since I can now see in to the future and know they get eliminated in the first playoff game, but one thing is becoming clear to me is coach is going to err on the safe side every time when it comes to protecting his guys from the unneeded extra hits.

I think the vet players appreciate this as well as the young guys as they get some field time.

I also think coach has too much respect for Shanahan to try and deliver a beat down in what is essentially an inconsequential game for the Rams.

Lastly, I don't know 11-5 sure sounds better than some 7-9 bullshit.

I feel the same. No doubt the Rams are the better team.

I think McVay might just have figured out how to get something useful out of a meaningless game.

They had lots of reps for depth roster spots. Oh and none of their starters got hurt....Bonus!

by AltiTude Ram
5 years 8 months ago
 Total posts:   2179  
United States of America   Denver
Pro Bowl

I rest my case on losing players to injury in a meaningless game.

McVay is way ahead of the curve on protecting his players.....Knock Wood!

http://www.espn.com/espn/now?nowId=21-41027319-4

The Rams moved cornerback Kevin Peterson to the injured reserve and he will be sidelined for the season after tearing his ACL against the Ravens. Peterson spent most of last season on the practice squad, but impressed the staff with two interceptions in a regular-season finale against the San Francisco 49ers. However it likely would have been a challenge for him to make the roster this season in a loaded position group.

by sloramfan
5 years 8 months ago
 Total posts:   1581  
United States of America   cen coast cal
Pro Bowl

im on the rest the starters all preseason, and let the scrubs with talent rise up the depth charts..

meaningless games at the end of the year? vanilla "O" and off the field after one 3 and out. on defense? 3 plays and massive substitution...

the reason i would play starters is to keep the same ol' routine mindset..
however goff gurley and whit would not dress...

go rams

slo

by Turtle
5 years 8 months ago
 Total posts:   123  
United States of America   LA Coliseum
Practice Squad

sloramfan wrote:im on the rest the starters all preseason, and let the scrubs with talent rise up the depth charts..

meaningless games at the end of the year? vanilla "O" and off the field after one 3 and out. on defense? 3 plays and massive substitution...

the reason i would play starters is to keep the same ol' routine mindset..
however goff gurley and whit would not dress...

go rams

slo

I haven't seen any appreciable evidence that teams coming off a bye or teams that win the division and get a bye in the playoffs lose that same ol' routine mindset so I don't see why it would matter in the last game of the season. Also, playing the starters for 3 snaps? I really don't see the value in that.

I know there are 2 sides to this and I can see good points for both sides, but ultimately Coach is going to rest the guys and I don't see that as a mistake. Nor would I if he decided to play them. It's just one of many decisions he has to make.

by snackdaddy
5 years 8 months ago
 Total posts:   9657  
United States of America   Merced California
Hall of Fame

aeneas1 wrote:fisher in his 5th year with the rams vs the newly arrived chip kelly who hadn't finished unpacking... the rams, proud owners of the first overall pick, goff, at their disposal (who they couldn't get ready to start the season) and reigning oroy gurley, the niners with career 11-34, 71.5 qb rating gabbert under center... the rams with all-world donald on defense, the niners coming off a 24th ranking in offensive points allowed... and then a complete and total ass kicking, 0-28... fisher should have been fired after that game.

If it wasn't for a great kick by Hekker they coulda possibly lost their last 12 games. As it is, their lone win the last 12 games was a dull 9-6 win over a weak Jets team who started a rookie at QB. And Fisher was beaming over that one. :?

• 2 / 2
18 posts Apr 19 2024