34 posts
  • 4 / 4
 by TomSlick
5 years 7 months ago
 Total posts:   2907  
Italy   Many of us know the feeling of the universe conspiring to bring car and driver together.
Superstar

aeneas1 wrote: "believing your own press" is just silly media fodder, it's made up stuff, and has no bearing on the game or how players prepare...

I think complacency can happen to anybody. You don't even have to be an athlete. You can't be "on" all the time. Usually, a swift kick to the backside (a loss) rights the ship.

by Elvis
5 years 7 months ago
 Total posts:   38381  
United States of America   Los Angeles
Administrator

moklerman wrote:When you look at it, the "resting everyone" approach seems to be lacking. They took the 49ers game off, game out flat against the Vikings and showed little against the Ravens. Hopefully the proverbial switch can be flipped but it's been a while since we've seen the Rams offense really clicking.

What struck me more was the poor tackling. Which among other things led me to question the intensity of the team. I don't like the feeling that this team thinks it's so good that it can just turn it on when it decides to. Which is what it feels like to me right now.

Rams went 11-5 had the best season they've had in over a decade, i'd say the approach is working pretty good.

Measuring your team by preseason is a fool's errand, imo.

And it was the Falcons...

by moklerman
5 years 7 months ago
 Total posts:   7680  
United States of America   Bakersfield, CA
Hall of Fame

Elvis wrote:Rams went 11-5 had the best season they've had in over a decade, i'd say the approach is working pretty good.

Measuring your team by preseason is a fool's errand, imo.

And it was the Falcons...
I don't recall, did they rest everyone last preseason? If that was just McVay's method then I'd agree that it should just be left alone. But it seems to me that they had a good season so they're rewarding guys by playing them less now. Giving them the last game off. Which I don't think is paying dividends. If it keeps Gurley or whoever from getting hurt it's well worth it but I don't know how we'd ever quantify that? Guys who aren't in game shape get hurt too. Guys who are in game shape get hurt too. McVay's earned the benefit of doubt but I'm curious to see what happens.

by Rams1PlateSince1976
5 years 7 months ago
 Total posts:   2072  
United States of America   LA Coliseum
Pro Bowl

Lots of variables. Believers in the Big Mo Theory (Momentum) would play their starters in a standing-wise meaningless week 17 game. But God forbid one your VIPS gets hurt that game.

• 4 / 4
34 posts Mar 29 2024