71 posts
  • 1 / 8
 by aeneas1
5 years 7 months ago
 Total posts:   16894  
United States of America   Norcal
Hall of Fame

a look at how qbs have fared so far during preseason play... gotta love mannion, a 7.5 qb rating, oh my, ha ha, does that mean mcvay isn't a qb guru, say it ain't so joe! hold the presses tho, the rams brandon allen lit it up with a 100.1 qb rating last night, 1 of only 11 depth chart fillers who has booked a qb rating of 100+ through the first (second?) week of preseason play, yeah baby!

speaking of mannion, and the rams jv team, the rams are 0-2 and have been outscored a whopping 20-67 in games the starters haven't taken the field since mcvay's arrival, while the qbs have combined for a 53% completion rate, a 62.4 qb rating, a 4.2 yards per attempt rate, and have been sacked 7 times, ouch!

how about jimmy g-spot? completed 50% of his 6 passes for a 67.4 qb rating last night, no doubt a lot of hand wringing goin' in golden gate bridge country, ha ha!

colt mccoy? what a stud! screw his career 78.9 qb rating during the regular season, and his 7-18 record as starter, the guy booked a 143.1 qb rating last night, nothing but blue skies ahead!

VirtualBox_2018-08-10_15-21-04.png

VirtualBox_2018-08-10_15-21-52.png

by Rams1PlateSince1976
5 years 7 months ago
 Total posts:   2072  
United States of America   LA Coliseum
Pro Bowl

Allen looked OK. I liked his low throw for the TD. Looked fairly quick-of-foot.

by Rams1PlateSince1976
5 years 7 months ago
 Total posts:   2072  
United States of America   LA Coliseum
Pro Bowl

Any trade value in Mannion? Like if we package him with a 4th could we get a 6th round pick??

by RamsFanSince82
5 years 7 months ago
 Total posts:   5851  
United States of America   So. Cal.
Hall of Fame

Rams1PlateSince1976 wrote:Any trade value in Mannion? Like if we package him with a 4th could we get a 6th round pick??

Lol. I think you have that backwards.

To answer your question, I don't think he has any trade value.

by moklerman
5 years 7 months ago
 Total posts:   7680  
United States of America   Bakersfield, CA
Hall of Fame

Preseason "stats".

Oh my. Unless one knows what a team and coaching staff is trying to accomplish, I think it's folly to analyze the numbers. With the Rams in particular, I don't think they were trying to get Mannion ready to start or to get the offense in a rhythm or get them acclimated to a system. Those numbers aren't really worth the pixels they're printed with.

Lamar Jackson looks like an injury waiting to happen IMO. He's had a couple of highlights against scrubs that has people excited but he's also gotten rocked a couple of times by scrubs. Don't see how he's sustainable against the 1's...especially when they start playing real defense.

Mayfield made a few plays and his pocket presence was the most impressive. But he didn't look like a savior or a sure thing IMO.

Fell asleep during the Texans/Chiefs. Watson wasn't in long but seemed to pick up where he left off and I don't recall any plays from Mahomes so I must of have been dozing by then.

by aeneas1
5 years 7 months ago
Hall of Fame

moklerman wrote:With the Rams in particular, I don't think they were trying to get Mannion ready to start or to get the offense in a rhythm or get them acclimated to a system.

correct, instead they were trying to get mannion and the offensive backups to perform as badly as humanly possible!

in other news, the rams were doing what every nfl team does during the preseason, trying to get a look at what they have beyond the 1s... re preseason stats, they're absolutely meaningless, always have been, always will be. or did you think i was serious about mccoy?

by moklerman
5 years 7 months ago
 Total posts:   7680  
United States of America   Bakersfield, CA
Hall of Fame

aeneas1 wrote:correct, instead they were trying to get mannion and the offensive backups to perform as badly as humanly possible!

in other news, the rams were doing what every nfl team does during the preseason, trying to get a look at what they have beyond the 1s... re prseason stats, they're absolutely meaningless, always have been, always will be. or did you think i was serious about mccoy?
Well, I don't really know why you took the time and effort to compile all those numbers.

But the Rams approach was odd IMO. I think all they really wanted to do in that game was not have any injuries. They'd practiced against the Ravens in the days leading up to this exhibition and by kickoff, I think they'd already seen what they wanted to see and showed what they wanted to show.

Frankly, it was a bit weird. It's like they just didn't care and didn't need to see anything from anyone.

by aeneas1
5 years 7 months ago
Hall of Fame

moklerman wrote:Well, I don't really know why you took the time and effort to compile all those numbers.

copy/paste, not much effort/time... re why i did it, to underscore how meaningless preseason is, across the board.
moklerman wrote:But the Rams approach was odd IMO. I think all they really wanted to do in that game was not have any injuries. They'd practiced against the Ravens in the days leading up to this exhibition and by kickoff, I think they'd already seen what they wanted to see and showed what they wanted to show.

Frankly, it was a bit weird. It's like they just didn't care and didn't need to see anything from anyone.

did you see mcvay's postgame presser? he didn't look pleased, nor did he look like he didn't care... "we expected to play better, and we will..."

the notion that mcvay and company sent players out there and didn't care what happened, didn't care about trying to put them in a position to be successful, to show their wares in the best possible light, or didn't care whether they played poorly or not, which seems to be what you're suggesting, strikes me as a pretty big reach.

the rams did what all nfl teams do during the preseason, try to protect their starters as much as possible, and try to take a good look at depth, within the constraints of preseason ball (limited to no game planning)... it just didn't work out for them last night. do i find this alarming? not in the least.

https://www.therams.com/video/sean-mcva ... erence-8-9

by Elvis
5 years 7 months ago
 Total posts:   38381  
United States of America   Los Angeles
Administrator

moklerman wrote:Well, I don't really know why you took the time and effort to compile all those numbers.

Yeah and all the time he spends making our site and headers look and work great.

What a jerk, providing us so much content.

Great call mokler.

As for these particular stats, they're funny and insightful...

by Elvis
5 years 7 months ago
 Total posts:   38381  
United States of America   Los Angeles
Administrator

http://www.espn.com/espn/now?nowId=21-41027160-4

Lindsey Thiry, ESPN
35m ago

Rams backup quarterback Sean Mannion, who is in the final season of his contract, struggled last night against the Ravens, completing 3-of-13 passes for 16 yards, with an interception, in the first half. He also was sacked twice. Sean McVay said Friday that a “Combination of a lot of tough things” contributed to Mannion’s performance. “Certainly Sean missed some throws and some things that are uncharacteristic of him, but the protection – there was a couple of times he didn’t really have a chance to let things develop,” McVay said. “He had a couple of drops, so I think it was kind of a perfect storm of really a lot of things didn’t work out in his favor.” McVay has not revealed if starters will play on Saturday against the Raiders. Regardless, it’s likely Mannion will once again play a significant amount.

• 1 / 8
71 posts Mar 29 2024