71 posts
  • 5 / 8
 by dieterbrock
5 years 7 months ago
 Total posts:   11512  
United States of America   New Jersey
Hall of Fame

sloramfan wrote:the team will determine the backup QB, certainly not us..

go rams

slo

We have no impact on any facet of the game, doesn't mean we cant discuss it

by Hacksaw
5 years 7 months ago
 Total posts:   24523  
United States of America   AT THE BEACH

Eye test. I'm not sure I've ever seen Mannion look good. His slow over the top release and lumbering feet just look B league.
No he's never been given the A team for an extended period so the jury should still be out, but imo he's dead weight and not worth the risk or roster spot.
Watch the waiver wire as the pre's go along. A better choice should come available.

Meanwhile give Bradf,,, err,, Allen and Perez a shot.

by aeneas1
5 years 7 months ago
 Total posts:   16894  
United States of America   Norcal
Hall of Fame

sloramfan wrote:yeah A1, that was a rainbow...

go rams

slo

by dieterbrock
5 years 7 months ago
 Total posts:   11512  
United States of America   New Jersey
Hall of Fame

Hacksaw wrote:Eye test. I'm not sure I've ever seen Mannion look good. His slow over the top release and lumbering feet just look B league.
No he's never been given the A team for an extended period so the jury should still be out, but imo he's dead weight and not worth the risk or roster spot.
Watch the waiver wire as the pre's go along. A better choice should come available.

Meanwhile give Bradf,,, err,, Allen and Perez a shot.

Well that's the thing, and I'm agreeing with you here, but the "playing with 1's" I see used over and over.
When did that become a thing?
As long as I can remember the back up proves their muster by playing with the backups. Got to earn the shot of playing with the 1's by playing well with the 2's....

by Hacksaw
5 years 7 months ago
 Total posts:   24523  
United States of America   AT THE BEACH

dieterbrock wrote:Well that's the thing, and I'm agreeing with you here, but the "playing with 1's" I see used over and over.
As long as I can remember the back up proves their muster by playing with the backups. Got to earn the shot of playing with the 1's by playing well with the 2's....

I included that comment as there is some truth to it. Better receivers, blockers, running backs help the QB when he needs the help. In Mannion's case imo he needs that help.
Still the chemistry he's developed with the 2's should help offset that.

I seriously doubt that playing with the 1's would ever look as bad as Thursday nights performance, but I also doubt it would ever be good enough to get our team anywhere.

by /zn/
5 years 7 months ago
 Total posts:   6758  
United States of America   Maine
Hall of Fame

How many series did the Rams 2s and 3s play against the Baltimore 1s, or even the Baltimore 1s & 2s mixed units.

by max
5 years 7 months ago
 Total posts:   5579  
United States of America   Sarasota, FL
Hall of Fame

Mannion is flat out bad. Why does anyone think differently? He's been in the league 4 years now. We've all seen him play, he stinks.

There were guys drafted above him and after him who aren't any good either. It happens. Mannion was a 3rd round miss, time to move on.

He's gonna get a lot of playing time next week. McVay is gonna do everything he can to make it easy for Mannion to look better. No matter, he still stinks and the Rams are screwed if Goff goes down.

But most SB contenders are screwed if their QB goes down. What if Brees goes down, or Cousins, or Brady? Those teams are done just like the Rams.

by Haden
5 years 7 months ago
 Total posts:   2131  
United States of America   Spokane, WA
RFU Survivor Champ

sloramfan wrote:the team will determine the backup QB, certainly not us..

go rams

slo

Actually McVay called me a couple of hours ago to ask my opinion. I told him to do the exact opposite of what Dickerson says.

by moklerman
5 years 7 months ago
 Total posts:   7680  
United States of America   Bakersfield, CA
Hall of Fame

dieterbrock wrote:Well that's the thing, and I'm agreeing with you here, but the "playing with 1's" I see used over and over.
While true, what you describe is usually equitable. 1's vs 1's, 2's vs 2's, etc. Mannion's last two starts were 2's against 1's. IMO, SF and Baltimore were much more motivated in each case. Saying Allen performed better against bouncers and insurance salesmen than Mannion against Baltimore's good starting D seems apples and oranges.

• 5 / 8
71 posts Mar 28 2024