28 posts
  • 3 / 3
 by CanuckRightWinger
5 years 8 months ago
 Total posts:   2777  
Canada   VANCOUVER, BC
Superstar

I know I have been a broken record on the vastly WASTED PICK OF #89 OVERALL which was the pick that landed us "a developmental QB" Sean TheBeaverHeaver Mannion when we already had youngsters like Foles, Keenum and Austin Davis in the barn already. We could've had versatile Packer WR/RBTy Montgomery at #89 instead of the guy from Corvallis with the Warren Spahn wind-up and the Warren Spahn footspeed to go along with it. :roll2:

I mean, in the Embarrassment For A Ram QB Department, I'd have to go back to a December 13, 2009 game @ Tennessee in Spagvaney's first season with Los Ramos.....remember that 1-15 debacle???? BTW, THANK YOU ROB MARINELLI AND YOUR DETROIT LIONS THAT YEAR EH!! :lol2:

Anyhoo, in that game, Keith Null, our pick outa Wattsamatta U in BumFook Texas (West Texas A&M :? ) threw 5 picks to the Titans. I remember thinking at the time....."There should be A Mercy Rule like in Little League....y'know when one team gets way way out ahead of the other after only a coupla innings???!!! :idea2: Anyhoo, I hope Sean Mannion has a business degree, or some other marketable skill....because his future in the NFL.....well, it looks about as solid as Keith Null's was to these old eyes!

I mean, when a guy's performance makes one yearn for Sam L'ilAbner Bradford, ya just know he sucks!!! C'mon McVay, you saw Mannion's struggles last year versus SF in Week 17...…..and he stunk it up!! Last night was merely "a small sampling"....."not indicative of his great camp so far"?????? :roll2: C'mon....they guy may practice okay, but when he's lined up against a REAL D in a REAL GAME......the guy looks as sharp as a bag of wet mice!!!! Get a decent backup in here Snead....pronto!!! :x

End of rant.

by Elvis
5 years 8 months ago
 Total posts:   38436  
United States of America   Los Angeles
Administrator

This is the same Allbright who last year said the Rams were looking to replace Mannion (and was probably wrong)...

by Haden
5 years 8 months ago
 Total posts:   2132  
United States of America   Spokane, WA
RFU Survivor Champ

LINK: https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/wi ... li=BBnba9I

Loser: Rams have serious QB depth issue

There aren’t many really great quarterbacks in the NFL. We get that. But the Los Angeles Rams might want to go scrounging for one after witnessing the horror show put together by backup quarterback Sean Mannion Thursday night on the road in Baltimore.

Jared Goff took the night off, as did many of Los Angeles’ starters. In his stead, Mannion passed for 16 yards (SIXTEEN!!!) on 3-of-13 passing with no touchdowns and one interception.

That’s 1.1 yards per attempt, folks. That’s nightmare fuel. And Mannion is the best quarterback on the roster not named Goff.

by Hacksaw
5 years 8 months ago
 Total posts:   24523  
United States of America   AT THE BEACH

They probably gave Mannion the old showcase treatment and that didn't work out.

imo, Mannion is toast and the Rams should pull the trigger sooner than later.

by AvengerRam
5 years 8 months ago
 Total posts:   8686  
Israel   Lake Mary, Florida
Hall of Fame

Elvis wrote:This is the same Allbright who last year said the Rams were looking to replace Mannion (and was probably wrong)...

Yeah... I’m not certain that Mannion is awful, but I know that Allbright is.

by moklerman
5 years 8 months ago
 Total posts:   7680  
United States of America   Bakersfield, CA
Hall of Fame

I'm not sure what people were expecting from Mannion but it was clear to me that the Rams had zero interest in compiling stats or even points. They were not running the offense and had other motives IMO. What little they did do was also hampered by the receivers(Reynolds).

I'm not defending Mannion but to think that they were evaluating him or showcasing him seems far fetched. I think McVay is fine with Mannion to the point that he wasn't testing him. The whole team was just going through the motions all night.

by moklerman
5 years 8 months ago
 Total posts:   7680  
United States of America   Bakersfield, CA
Hall of Fame

The connection is obvious but isn't McVay one of those who chose to bench RGMe and go with Cousins? They may be connected but not in a way that would necessarily suggest future endeavors.

• 3 / 3
28 posts Apr 15 2024