6 posts
  • 1 / 1
 by aeneas1
5 years 7 months ago
 Total posts:   16894  
United States of America   Norcal
Hall of Fame

for some reason i had never noticed that the tackles (whitworth/havenstein) and guards (saffold/brown) flip sides during field goals attempts... i wonder why this is, and i wonder if it's something that most teams do (too lazy to check)?

i came across this photo and thought, perhaps, that it was just a pre-game photo op shot:

b02.jpg

but a quick search shows that it's not, instead it's indeed their field goal alinment:

firefox_2018-08-08_23-35-30.jpg

by Mr. Sparkle
5 years 7 months ago
 Total posts:   952  
United States of America   Orange County Ca.
Veteran

I have never noticed either. Also, is he left handed? His 3pt stance has his left hand down as well. Very interesting.

Speaking of special teams, I was also surprised to see McQuaide spent a good portion of his practice with the line backers.

by Rams1PlateSince1976
5 years 7 months ago
 Total posts:   2071  
United States of America   LA Coliseum
Pro Bowl

Possibly has something to do with the Earth's rotation and making sure the holder gets the laces out.

by 69RamFan
5 years 7 months ago
 Total posts:   3164  
United States of America   LA CA by way of NY/NJ
Superstar

I would say the closes point to the ball is coming from that side since GregtheLeg is right footed....

A player can go all out from that side to try and block the kick without running into the kicker,,,, from the other side,,,, they would run into the kicker...

by Hacksaw
5 years 7 months ago
 Total posts:   24523  
United States of America   AT THE BEACH

69RamFan wrote:I would say the closes point to the ball is coming from that side since GregtheLeg is right footed....

A player can go all out from that side to try and block the kick without running into the kicker,,,, from the other side,,,, they would run into the kicker...

Ball trajectory might be closer as well due to him being a righty.
Or perhaps because they're protecting Hekker's blind side.

• 1 / 1
6 posts Mar 28 2024