32 posts
  • 1 / 4
 by sloramfan
5 years 8 months ago
 Total posts:   1581  
United States of America   cen coast cal
Pro Bowl

in todays world, brand is everything, and can end up being worth countless millions...

is anyone other than me thinking AD may be painting himself into a corner?

if he signs for an amount that makes him the highest paid defensive player in the league, and k-mack signs for more.. who cares?

but if he hard lines the rams, and they franchise tag him, he becomes the guy that could care less about LA, and it's all about him...see ya later in 2 years... ouch

talk about brand suicide... good luck with that AD...

by the way, didn't tiger woods sign a deal with nike for 40 million, like 10 years ago?...

i think aaron is getting bad advise... just my opinion...

he's on the verge of becoming a superstar in a market you don't want to alienate...

go rams

slo

by 69RamFan
5 years 8 months ago
 Total posts:   3172  
United States of America   LA CA by way of NY/NJ
Superstar

Yes I believe he is hurting his brand,,,,

He is getting some bad advice from his agent...

His agent is only thinking about how much money he can get for AD because he gets a percentage...

So the more the agent gets AD, the more money he makes for himself....

As you stated,,, being in the L.A. Market.. he could possibly get a few nice endorsements....

Stan Kroenke has plenty of clients that could set him up to market his brand...

The problem with AD,,, he is very young,,, especially when it comes to financial knowledge....

The first thing I would do if I was AD,,,

Is to talk with Demoff,,, and Kroenke...

But his agent is advicing him let him handle his contract...

Because his agents doesnt make anything from endorsements.....

So this will be a long and drag out chicken fight....

Unless AD starts to feel the pain when the checks stop coming in when the season starts.

Hopefully the RAMs stand their ground,,, in which I feel they will, because they hold all of the cards...

by BobCarl
5 years 8 months ago
 Total posts:   4296  
United States of America   LA Coliseum
Superstar

[quote="sloramfan"]in todays world, brand is everything, and can end up being worth countless millions.../quote]

Quarterbacks wear a red jersey during training camp ... doesn't hurt their brand. Same difference.

by /zn/
5 years 8 months ago
 Total posts:   6763  
United States of America   Maine
Hall of Fame

sloramfan wrote:
but if he hard lines the rams, and they franchise tag him, he becomes the guy that could care less about LA, and it's all about him...see ya later in 2 years... ouch

slo

I don't think he cares about "brand" stuff. I think he wants a contract he feels he deserves, and then to play.

All we know right now is that the 2 sides are stuck. We don't know why. Is it possible the Rams are offering too little? Yes. They could have something on the table at the low end which technically makes him the "highest paid" but isn't enough. Is it possible AD is asking too much, given what the market says he is probably worth? Yes.

Do we know which it is? No.

Could it even be both? Yes.

When we don't know anything, and we don't know anything, it is just as possible to take any assumption and turn it upside down, and for all we know the equal and opposite statement could be just as true. There's no way of knowing.

So someone could say, Donald is causing this by stubbornly asking for too much (like 26 M) But the equal and opposite statement, for all we know, could be more accurate: The Rams are causing this by stubbornly sticking with too low an offer (like 20 M)

Or both statements could be equally true, or for that matter equally wrong for some reason we don't know about yet.

So until I personally know real figures and some facts, I just assume we don't know anything. I don't assume the Rams are to blame (though they could be), I don't assume Donald is to blame (though he could be), I don't assume they both are to blame (though they could be), I don't even assume there;s actually any blame (though there could be). When I read most people on this, though, I get the sense they believe one of those assumptions. But based on what we really know at this point, I have to say, I don't think that holds up. Not at this point....

by Elvis
5 years 8 months ago
 Total posts:   38452  
United States of America   Los Angeles
Administrator

No saying how this will end but good chance when it does, we'll all forget about it.

Olando Pace held out two straight years but who even remembers, let alone holds it against him?

by Flash
5 years 8 months ago
 Total posts:   1205  
United States of America   Houston
Pro Bowl

69RamFan wrote:Yes I believe he is hurting his brand,,,,

He is getting some bad advice from his agent...

His agent is only thinking about how much money he can get for AD because he gets a percentage...

So the more the agent gets AD, the more money he makes for himself....

As you stated,,, being in the L.A. Market.. he could possibly get a few nice endorsements....

Stan Kroenke has plenty of clients that could set him up to market his brand...

The problem with AD,,, he is very young,,, especially when it comes to financial knowledge....

The first thing I would do if I was AD,,,

Is to talk with Demoff,,, and Kroenke...

But his agent is advicing him let him handle his contract...

Because his agents doesnt make anything from endorsements.....

So this will be a long and drag out chicken fight....

Unless AD starts to feel the pain when the checks stop coming in when the season starts.

Hopefully the RAMs stand their ground,,, in which I feel they will, because they hold all of the cards...

I'm sure Kevin and Stan would just love to be his financial advisers. Sign for 15 million you'll make tons more on endorsements...They want what's best for the Rams and will discard AD the moment it's to the Rams advantage (just like all of the NFL teams do).

I'm quite sure if the agent negotiates endorsements they get their cut.

I want AD to sign and sign now but this is a negotiation and may take some time. Once it gets done all will be forgiven.

If he gets franchised (after this season), I won't be thrilled, but if that what it takes moving on (next year) then so be it.

by haroldjackson29
5 years 8 months ago
 Total posts:   842  
United States of America   LA Coliseum
Veteran

lol such a pretend,non issue.
business as usual. nothing to see here. just the same pointless redundant rhetoric.
lol hurting his brand lol

by Haden
5 years 8 months ago
 Total posts:   2134  
United States of America   Spokane, WA
RFU Survivor Champ

AD is scum. ............................ WAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

by aeneas1
5 years 8 months ago
 Total posts:   16894  
United States of America   Norcal
Hall of Fame

hard to imagine any of this would hurt ad's image... eric dickerson's demand for more money forever tarnished his image (imo), but dickerson was very vocal about his sitch, blasted the rams publicly every chance he got, and came across as a spoiled jerk... donlad has been the polar opposite imo, he's made the best of a difficult sitch by continuing to train hard, work out hard, in order to be game ready if/when a deal is struck... moreover he hasn't been baited into going public, into saying something stupid, but instead has conducted himself very professionally... that said, sure would have been nice had donald done a gurley, accepted a lucrative deal that made him one the highest paid, if not the highest paid, player at his position, oh well.

by majik
5 years 8 months ago
 Total posts:   1201  
United States of America   New Jersey
Pro Bowl

At what point is it leaking regarding how much Donald is demanding?

If the Rams are willing to pay him $21M and make him the highest paid defensive player and they are far apart, what is he demanding? $30M?

• 1 / 4
32 posts Apr 19 2024