13 posts
  • 2 / 2
 by Elvis
5 years 8 months ago
 Total posts:   38452  
United States of America   Los Angeles
Administrator

majik wrote:I don’t think it is a choice. If you are not eligible for UFA and are a RFA, you cannot be franchise tagged, which might be want Donald wants. He is risking $8M (difference between Frnchise Tag salary and RFA 1st Round tender) but he gets the ability to negotiate with other teams as an RFA and figures someone will offer him more than $15M per year and sacrifice only a 1st Round Pick (which is what we essentially wound up doing with Cooks)

I think Donald and his agent are a whole lot smarter than everyone gave them credit for by potentially avoiding the franchise tag

Check out this post from Avenger with the relevant CBA language:

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=8351&start=60#p124798

by TomSlick
5 years 8 months ago
 Total posts:   2908  
Italy   Many of us know the feeling of the universe conspiring to bring car and driver together.
Superstar

dieterbrock wrote:Well that's the problem, we don't know what they offered him, that he was being offered "highest paid defensive player in the league" money

True.

I will say the RAMS seem willing to deal with players who are willing to deal. The fact we are doing this dance again with AD leads me to think he feels above the team. It is a salary cap league and the RAMS are dealing...at this point, tag him, trade him or get the picks.

The guy is awesome, and I'd hate to see him go, but the RAMS are gunning for number 1 seed so every game will be important. Last year he missed the opener and IIRC was so-so in game 2. His act grows tiresome.

RAMS seem smart enough not to get stupid with salaries.

Then again, if the RAMS are lowballing him, then I take everything back.

by 69RamFan
5 years 8 months ago
 Total posts:   3172  
United States of America   LA CA by way of NY/NJ
Superstar

TomSlick wrote:True.

I will say the RAMS seem willing to deal with players who are willing to deal. The fact we are doing this dance again with AD leads me to think he feels above the team. It is a salary cap league and the RAMS are dealing...at this point, tag him, trade him or get the picks.

The guy is awesome, and I'd hate to see him go, but the RAMS are gunning for number 1 seed so every game will be important. Last year he missed the opener and IIRC was so-so in game 2. His act grows tiresome.

RAMS seem smart enough not to get stupid with salaries.

Then again, if the RAMS are lowballing him, then I take everything back.

The RAMs are not low balling him,,,
Snead already said, they will make him the highest Defensive player in the game when signing his contract... so thats at least 21mil/yr...
with at least over 70mil/gaurantee

So it has to be on AD and his agent trying to get more... IMO....
especially when Demoff said the two sides have two different thoughts on where AD should get paid....

• 2 / 2
13 posts Apr 19 2024